Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

brett ebert

measures 179cm. from chin to temple. out and out steam train in the forward 50, in fact, once he gets going its hard for him to stop, or turn around, or bend over and pick up the ball. will always create a contest ( with his team-mates). may move into the midfield in the future.

dont all rush at once.
you may have to throw in a draft pick ;)

but in all seriousness he's a good kick yeh?

Play Panos. he could be the man your looking for. But I hear the dogs are trying to turn him into a backman
Thank you. Can't believe that this went to page 3, and a long array of suggestions of players who are either:
a) unattainable, or
b) no better than Panos,
before his name got mentioned.

Panos is a classic lead/mark/kick KP forward. And if 2012 as an AFL season has proved anything, it's that that sort of player ain't a dinosaur after all.

Why don't the dogs go for a mature age type forward running round in the lower leagues?

Even someone like Weeks would be a better option up front then a large portion of the players listed here.

we have a bad record picking up recycled forwards (Barry hall excepted). A mature forward to take some pressure off and possibly do some mentoring to our young forwards would be huge though.

I know this is probability a bad example but Brad Miller to Richmond was great for them because It took attention away from there developing forwards (riewolt, Nahas) I think somebody in a similar role would be good for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the problem with Panos was is that he is a little short to be a KPF in the AFL (listed as 191cm - 2cm then the supposedly undersized Gibson)? Surely can't hurt to give him a go in the dying rounds of the H&A though, but I think the development of Liam Jones, Ayce Cordy, Jordan Roughead and Tom Campbell is most important. At least one will become a good tall.

Would David Hale be interested in another move, given Hawthorn's apparent strength up forward? If Hawthorn go after another ruck like Warnock then I think the Bulldogs should throw the chequebook at Hale to play as a ruck/forward.

I know this is probability a bad example but Brad Miller to Richmond was great for them because It took attention away from there developing forwards (riewolt, Nahas) I think somebody in a similar role would be good for us
We already have him on our list, his name is brain lake, he is going to play for another 2 maybe 3 years so having him taking the best Back man every week will help our young forwards developing

It also allows the likes of tarlia roughead and Roberts down back.

So in 2 years time we will have a spine hitting their prime

I thought the problem with Panos was is that he is a little short to be a KPF in the AFL (listed as 191cm - 2cm then the supposedly undersized Gibson)? Surely can't hurt to give him a go in the dying rounds of the H&A though, but I think the development of Liam Jones, Ayce Cordy, Jordan Roughead and Tom Campbell is most important. At least one will become a good tall.

Would David Hale be interested in another move, given Hawthorn's apparent strength up forward? If Hawthorn go after another ruck like Warnock then I think the Bulldogs should throw the chequebook at Hale to play as a ruck/forward.
Not sure I'd throw too much at Hale, he's not worth that much. You should wave your high draft pick around, see if it could get you a gun forward.

We already have him on our list, his name is brain lake, he is going to play for another 2 maybe 3 years so having him taking the best Back man every week will help our young forwards developing

It also allows the likes of tarlia roughead and Roberts down back.

So in 2 years time we will have a spine hitting their prime

I posted this at the beginning of the thread - It's a no-brainer - Lake will always take the no 1 defender.

I wouldn't think so. He'd be frightened Minson might accidentally snap him in half thinking Hale was one of his reeds he'd ran out of

brett ebert

measures 179cm. from chin to temple. out and out steam train in the forward 50, in fact, once he gets going its hard for him to stop, or turn around, or bend over and pick up the ball. will always create a contest ( with his team-mates). may move into the midfield in the future.

dont all rush at once.
Always puts his head over it (also below it, next to it, and on the other side of it simultaneously)

Look at whats on your list first for starters. Not sure if maybe his injured or out of form but where is Matthew Panos hiding and why cant he get a gig? Not a gorilla but can play full forward. Leads well. Good set shot. Give him a go if his available McCartney

There's a guy running around in the country leagues who could kick be your answer. Fevola

Unfortunately it doesnt look like Jones will cut the mustard as a FF. Good height and potentially a lead up CHF if he gets his body right but wont stand against the best full backs in a one on one

Options
Lisle or Cornelius from BL
Casboult from Carlton???
Dawes from Collingwood? Think Cloke's demands are too high for the Dogs unfortunately
Gumbleton from Essendon
Mitch Brown from Geelong
Sellar from Melbourne??? Lynden Dunn? Matthew Bate?
Young fella who's played some senior footy from the Roos is Aaron Black, Cameron Pedersen?
Dont think he'd be easy to get over the line but what about Butcher from Port, Westhoff wouln't be worth peanuts. He'll come cheap but i wouldnt touch with whopping large stick
Coax Brad Miller out of retirement?
Jessw White. Any team in need of a top up KPF should consider. Done it before with mediocre sucsess but he'll give you a good contest
Lycett maybe. Anton Hamp? Although thats following the same line as Jones and Grant

Out of the WAFL i've got
Tom Lee. EX Adelaide draftee. Dont think he played a senior game but. Came back to WA and has been killing it for Claremont in the WAFL. 196 cm. Looks skinny but can handle himself one on one and is a super athlete

Ben Saunders - Currently leading the Bernie Naylor Medal (leading goal kicker) in his first full season of WAFL league football. Walked out on his old club looking for greater opportunities and hasnt missed a beat since. Havent seen him up close but doesnt strike me a power forward as such but more a Scott Welsh sized full forward. Presents and marks well. Good set shot. You may already have a similar player in Dickson just Tory's a bit shorter

Look at whats on your list first for starters. Not sure if maybe his injured or out of form but where is Matthew Panos hiding and why cant he get a gig? Not a gorilla but can play full forward. Leads well. Good set shot. Give him a go if his available McCartney

There's a guy running around in the country leagues who could kick be your answer. Fevola

Unfortunately it doesnt look like Jones will cut the mustard as a FF. Good height and potentially a lead up CHF if he gets his body right but wont stand against the best full backs in a one on one

Options
Lisle or Cornelius from BL
Casboult from Carlton???
Dawes from Collingwood? Think Cloke's demands are too high for the Dogs unfortunately
Gumbleton from Essendon
Mitch Brown from Geelong
Sellar from Melbourne??? Lynden Dunn? Matthew Bate?
Young fella who's played some senior footy from the Roos is Aaron Black, Cameron Pedersen?
Dont think he'd be easy to get over the line but what about Butcher from Port, Westhoff wouln't be worth peanuts. He'll come cheap but i wouldnt touch with whopping large stick
Coax Brad Miller out of retirement?
Jessw White. Any team in need of a top up KPF should consider. Done it before with mediocre sucsess but he'll give you a good contest
Lycett maybe. Anton Hamp? Although thats following the same line as Jones and Grant

Out of the WAFL i've got
Tom Lee. EX Adelaide draftee. Dont think he played a senior game but. Came back to WA and has been killing it for Claremont in the WAFL. 196 cm. Looks skinny but can handle himself one on one and is a super athlete

Ben Saunders - Currently leading the Bernie Naylor Medal (leading goal kicker) in his first full season of WAFL league football. Walked out on his old club looking for greater opportunities and hasnt missed a beat since. Havent seen him up close but doesnt strike me a power forward as such but more a Scott Welsh sized full forward. Presents and marks well. Good set shot. You may already have a similar player in Dickson just Tory's a bit shorter

These are the 2 I would suggest

Anyone heard of this Giannini kid playing for st kevins?
He's only 180 but has a huge frame (95kg) and an engine to go with it, and can go forward or back.
Thoughts of a reliable small full forward, in the mould of a small Travis cloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back