Game Day Dogs vs Swans - Grand Final - Sat 1st Oct 2.30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many of you this is my first Grand Final ever. It's been a very long wait to get here and though I dearly hope for a win I will retain good spirits if we lose. This team has given me such a wonderful ride this year through every adversity you could throw at it. Don't get me wrong, when the siren goes for the first bounce I will lose all sanity for a few hours but, no matter what the outcome, the underlying feeling is of gratitude to the boys and coach who got us here.

Good morning everyone. Please excuse the intrusion, but I posted this on the Crows board in response to the people who said they'd prefer to see $ydney win:

This Bulldogs side is the epitome of an underdog footy story.
Captain injured
Numerous other injuries during the season
Club was tipped for the wooden spoon last year until Beveridge turned it around
Finished 7th
Few gave them a chance against West Coast
Few gave them a chance against Hawthorn
Few gave them a chance against GWS
Few are giving them a chance against Sydney
Haven't been in a GF since 1961
Won their one and only flag in 1954.
In the other corner: Sydney are the very antithesis of an underdog.
Had a larger salary cap until recently.
Have made finals every single year since 1995 except 3.
Franklin is one of the 'Bondi millionaires'; midfield is star-studded and finals-hardened
They have an academy
This is their 5th grand final since 2004
Current premiership drought: four years. Cry me a river.

CARN THE BULLDOGS! Best wishes from Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason the royal blue on my cap was really popping today. It was as if I was seeing it in a whole new light, or even that I'd never even noticed it before.

I've almost teared up about three times already including this morning when I asked my godfather via sms as to whether he had a ticket and who he was going with. He replied that he was going with his father, as well as my grandfather, both of whom are no longer with us.

Geez we just gotta win this...

I don't think I've ever wanted anything so bad as winning today, it has been building up but now it's here it has me thinking of nothing but footy. So grateful to this club for what they have achieved.

On the other hand, I want to spew seeing Swans fans going on about redemption for two ****ing years ago. 5th grand final in 11yrs today, they have had enough success it not like it will be completely heartbreaking to lose.

Run them off their feet, keep playing for each other & just grasp this chance. Go Dogs!!

To all of my BigFooty brothers and sisters - have a fabulous day today. Soak up and enjoy the day that many of us feared would never come. Be gracious in victory, or defeat, and remember to thank our players for giving us the season of a lifetime.

Go Bullies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back