Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the Dean Laidley thing. Someone pointed me at it although I read the headlines about stalking and didnt feel the need to know more. The police or support staff involved in this photo should be dismissed instantly. His lawyer said something about pulling down. What the hell does that mean? Don't lawyers indulge in correct language these days? Laidley has now been punished far more than anything he is going to get in a court, although football people seem to rise from the ashes over time. Just a word of advice to Dean. When it comes to makeup, less is more.
A23C839F-FC0C-46C0-9534-22060D836989.jpeg
Yeah, I thought I’ve seen the Junkyard dog around

Like this...

Love some Patti. Saw a live version of this on youtube a few years ago, a very angry performance --with someone in the front rows pissing off Patti by taking photos and getting spat upon for their offence-- but very entertaining.

Patrick Dangerfield is an interesting spokesman for the players. He seems to operate like he does in games. Flashy, headline grabbing. I'm not sure if he is capturing public sympathy for the players.

Strange that big business has the ear of the politicians and these tax breaks or the loopholes open to exploitation seem to favour them....
No doubt there is some of that, no doubt they also pay their legal share and employ millions.

class warfare is for me a big bore.

Large corporations employ thousands, pay Dividends (hopefully) and take that tax out as well for the shareholder.

Last edited:
No doubt there is some of that, no doubt they also pay their legal share and employ millions.

class warfare is for me a big bore.

Large corporations employ thousands, pay Dividends (hopefully) and take that tax out as well for the shareholder.

If only that were the case...

And that's without even looking at other rorts like tax-payer funded franking credits...

That it's boring underpins their continuation of these types of practices. Joe Average doesn't give a f&^%.

I just saw the Dean Laidley thing. Someone pointed me at it although I read the headlines about stalking and didnt feel the need to know more. The police or support staff involved in this photo should be dismissed instantly. His lawyer said something about pulling down. What the hell does that mean? Don't lawyers indulge in correct language these days? Laidley has now been punished far more than anything he is going to get in a court, although football people seem to rise from the ashes over time. Just a word of advice to Dean. When it comes to makeup, less is more.

Pull down, I'd say it means exactly as you say in the start of your post. An instant dismissal, or if it can't be that then a new job role with much less responsibility and power.
Sad story all round, no good guys in this one it seems. Laidley has done what appears to be some terrible things, and I'm not discounting that or excusing that at all either, but VicPol appear to be quite clearly in the wrong also and have not given him his deserved treatment so far. Good luck getting any gay, cross dressing AFL players to come out any time soon after this is finished.

If only that were the case...

And that's without even looking at other rorts like tax-payer funded franking credits...

That it's boring underpins their continuation of these types of practices. Joe Average doesn't give a f&^%.
The franking credit is a paid tax pre receiving the funds by the investor.

as long as no body doubles up can’t see the issue.

everyday Australians invest in shares they are in our supers etc.

just don’t buy the class envy, that’s all.

be better if everyone paid their fair share including all those business taking cash, trades taking cash etc.

but any way im
Not as fussed as others may be.

The franking credit is a paid tax pre receiving the funds by the investor.

as long as no body doubles up can’t see the issue.

everyday Australians invest in shares they are in our supers etc.

just don’t buy the class envy, that’s all.

be better if everyone paid their fair share including all those business taking cash, trades taking cash etc.

but any way im
Not as fussed as others may be.

Yeah, I'm not sure in what paradigm concern about inequality becomes envy but there you go. Anyway, I'll leave it there as there's little point discussing it with someone who's focus is IMHO so ill directed if the greatest injustices are a few tradies taking cash for their labour as though companies and big business aren't also rorting the cash economy.

Yeah, I'm not sure in what paradigm concern about inequality becomes envy but there you go. Anyway, I'll leave it there as there's little point discussing it with someone who's focus is IMHO so ill directed if the greatest injustices are a few tradies taking cash for their labour as though companies and big business aren't also rorting the cash economy.
You are a funny one, way to go to extremes.

my great apologies.

the greatest injustices.... that is some bow taking.

just pointing out an area, quite sure ive always said everyone should pay their fair share.

Love a good cover song. The best of them make you re-appraise the original version.
I heard an acoustic cover of Elvis Presley's "You were always on my mind" on the radio yesterday. Was really good. Unfortunately I didn't catch who it was.
Had a quick look on the net to see if I could find it. Found a few versions (Willie Nelson's was quite good) but couldn't find the version I heard on the radio.

I heard an acoustic cover of Elvis Presley's "You were always on my mind" on the radio yesterday. Was really good. Unfortunately I didn't catch who it was.
Had a quick look on the net to see if I could find it. Found a few versions (Willie Nelson's was quite good) but couldn't find the version I heard on the radio.

That’s an example of what I mean. I’m no Elvis fan (I’m old but not that old!), but that’s a good song. I’ll even admit to hearing the odd Bee Gees song performed by someone else, and thinking that’s not bad. Hard to believe, I know.

There are some rippers out there. Johnny Cash singing Nick Caves’ The Mercy Seat is a beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a funny one, way to go to extremes.

my great apologies.

the greatest injustices.... that is some bow taking.

just pointing out an area, quite sure ive always said everyone should pay their fair share.

My bad. Should have said "the greater injustice".

Just get my goat that that these corporate types you're so ambivalent about get to pay zero tax on massive profits because tax payer funds heavily incentivise exploration or development as though they wouldn't undertake those activities without the incentives. Or that novated leasing arrangements see them driving taxpayer funded Bimmers and Mercs as though their egos would allow them to drive anything less if the tax threshold cut off at the value of a base falcon/commodore (or a Hyundai given it's too late to save local car manufacturing). Or every restaurant meal is a tax payer funded business lunch/dinner and every holiday includes a tax write off conference or investment property inspection. But there you go.

And by far the worst of the cash economy is organised crime.

Male or female vocal?

B J Thomas did the original I think and Jessica Mauboy had a version with a TV show recently.

My bad. Should have said "the greater injustice".

Just get my goat that that these corporate types you're so ambivalent about get to pay zero tax on massive profits because tax payer funds heavily incentivise exploration or development as though they wouldn't undertake those activities without the incentives. Or that novated leasing arrangements see them driving taxpayer funded Bimmers and Mercs as though their egos would allow them to drive anything less if the tax threshold cut off at the value of a base falcon/commodore (or a Hyundai given it's too late to save local car manufacturing). Or every restaurant meal is a tax payer funded business lunch/dinner and every holiday includes a tax write off conference or investment property inspection. But there you go.

And by far the worst of the cash economy is organised crime.
It’s all good.

i just don’t like thievery whoever does it.

A senior constable has been suspended and will be charged with at least 6 other police said to have been privy to the images. This won't enhance the reputation of Victorian police and it's certainly a shame the incident should occur hot on the heels of the tragic deaths of the 4 police on the eastern freeway. I don't know much about the alleged crime Laidley has been accused of committing, but exposing sensitive elements of his private life via taking and leaking photos is an absolute disgrace.

Ok I just had a quick listen to the Michael Buble version on Youtube. That wasn't it.
The one I heard the tempo was a bit quicker.
Not sure if that is the right term but you know what I mean.

I hope this doesn't keep you awake at night, always on your mind, so to speak.....

I liked the Rick Price version, more angsty.

If you're looking for an album of interesting covers, have a look at Patti Smith's album "Twelve". Sensational.
Did you mean the acoustic version, or the one where he has those two stunning young women (the Bull sisters, I presume) as backup singers?

That’s an example of what I mean. I’m no Elvis fan (I’m old but not that old!), but that’s a good song. I’ll even admit to hearing the odd Bee Gees song performed by someone else, and thinking that’s not bad. Hard to believe, I know.

There are some rippers out there. Johnny Cash singing Nick Caves’ The Mercy Seat is a beauty.

try Cash singing "Hurt".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back