No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year wasn't enough for you?

Nope.

Despite the injuries, if Bolton has another year like 2018 .....IMO he's gonsky
SOS will need an out to save face if he ends up giving us picks 1 or 2. Sacking Bolton will mean that Bolton failed and not SOS in his expectations.

Scapegoat time...

I think by around R15 you would think Bolton will be sacked. Pressure will be massive.

We don't play them until round 19, surely he'd be gone by then?

I also believe Bolton will be pushed before SOS

Despite the injuries, if Bolton has another year like 2018 .....IMO he's gonsky

Well if they really think that their list is "complete" and they are going to focus on a couple of mature agers to complement their list - yes.

Carlolton are obviously thinking they have a list far better than 18th, so finish there again he will have to be gone.

Years ago I went to a Fremantle club members function and I still recall some of the things mentioned by senior coaching staff.

They included:
"You don't win premierships by accident, and you don't finish last by accident either", and
"Going from 16th (as it was then) to 8th is far, far easier than getting from 8th to first"

From where Carlolton currently sit they can only dream of making the 8, any talk their list is complete is absolute delusion. They are so far away from being competitive it's incredible.

But I understand their fans to some extent, their bias and their delusions as they cling to the hope that their club will climb out of the AFL cellar. Actually make that AFL dungeon as a cellar can be a nice place ;-). The club sells them hope and they need all the support they can get. Seeing clubs continually down the bottom without cycling up isn't healthy for the competition.

Maybe internally Carlton realise how terrible they are and are making the changes necessary to start the climb up. But their club, or supporters, making public statements like their list is "complete", and they don't require any more early draft picks sure wouldn't inspire me with any level of confidence whatsoever if I was a Blues supporter.

Sacking Bolton will deflect any spotlight on SOS
I think by around R15 you would think Bolton will be sacked. Pressure will be massive.
We don't play them until round 19, surely he'd be gone by then?

I also believe Bolton will be pushed before SOS
Let's play a fun little game in trying to guess who Carlton's next head coach will be. Who are the next senior coaches in waiting ?? Or will the AFL make Roos coach them ?? Is it possible to have 2 polls on one thread ??

Let's play a fun little game in trying to guess who Carlton's next head coach will be. Who are the next senior coaches in waiting ?? Or will the AFL make Roos coach them ?? Is it possible to have 2 polls on one thread ??
Carlton being Carlton, their next Coach will be a high profile experienced Coach ......won't surprise if they try and poach an existing AFL Coach .....who? no idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know who else fits that bill? Brett Ratten

Oh wait, no thats right, they already fired Ratten after he took them to the finals 3 times in 4 years...
Wouldnt be the 1st time
Jesaulenko and Parkin come to mind.
Speaking of Ratten whats chances he takes over from Richardson?
Im wondering if Sanderson would get another go.
Has something like a 58% win loss record.

That is an easy one..of course their new coach will be....SOS. he will coach, recruit, be the runner, be on the board..SOS is soon to be all things Carlton

Carlton being Carlton, their next Coach will be a high profile experienced Coach ......won't surprise if they try and poach an existing AFL Coach .....who? no idea
9970bd286cd01aaf205ae6438d8bad6a

Wouldnt be the 1st time
Jesaulenko and Parkin come to mind.
Speaking of Ratten whats chances he takes over from Richardson?
Im wondering if Sanderson would get another go.
Has something like a 58% win loss record.
I think Ratten was very hard done by losing the job in the first place, he was a good coach then and would have only gotten better in his time at Hawthorn.

By this time next year he may well be a head coach again. And the St Kilda job looks the most ready to vacate, well that and Carlton, but something tells me that bridge has been well and truly burnt!

For a team that lacks depth they cant afford injuries. This coming from a team that finished last.

More bad injury news for Blues
January 15, 2019

Carlton’s wretched preseason run has been compounded by yet another injury setback, this time to key defender Liam Jones, who will require surgery.
Jones suffered a minor fracture to his left hand at training on Monday and has been booked in for surgery today.

0c47f1345e261cf45d359f941116ac9d

The 27-year-old will miss a chunk of the preseason and the injury is the latest in a litany to strike the Blues, with the likes of Sam Docherty, Mitch McGovern and Jarrod Pickett all going down in preseason.
Docherty ruptured his ACL for the second time in a training mishap before Christmas and will miss the entire 2019 season.
High-profile recruit McGovern fractured his back last month, but is recovering well and is on the cusp of returning to regular training duties, while livewire Pickett has had surgery to repair his patella tendon.
Recruits Will Setterfield (ACL) and Darcy Lang (foot) are getting closer to hitting the track, as is defender Caleb Marchbank (foot).
The injuries have taken some shine off the Blues’ off-season recruiting bonanza and new direction with superstar Patrick Cripps and Docherty taking over the captaincy from veteran Marc Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back