Oppo Camp Death Riding - Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

They should be well ahead of us.

They have a gun ruckman. We have Reilly O'Brien

They have a near-Brownlow winning experienced starting midfielder (Miller), surrounded by Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, David Swallow, Lachie Weller, Elijah Hollands and Sam Flanders

For those playing at home that's a midfield built on pick 1, 1, 2, 7, 11 and 13 PLUS Miller. That's a stack of elite picks and players that should be very good.

Up forward they've got a gun key (Ben King) and a couple of other decent players like Chol, Lukosius (pick 2) and Ainsworth (pick 4). They just added Bailey Humphrey as well (pick 6)

Down back they have three very good players in Collins, Ballard and Powell.

And their role players aren't half bad either. Guys like Ben Long (just brought in), Joel Jeffrey, and Alex Davies have all showed signs. They've also got Mac Andrew waiting in the wings, another top pick (pick 5)

How the flying * is this team still terrible. They are at least a couple of years further into their rebuild than us and don't look like making finals any time soon
There’s no heart..

they aren’t a team.. they are just a bunch of blokes kicking a footy around to make good coin.. no passion for the jumper because the jumper has no real history or meaning.

the morons that started the Suns fuxked up from the beginning just by calling them the suns.. it’s possibly the shittest name ever given to a football club.

they should’ve taken on the Gold Coast Sharks and used the biggest AFL club on the Gold Coast as the launch pad.. but they obviously believed that might alienate all the supporters of the the sharks opposition clubs..

it’s a no win situation on the Goldy.. a graveyard for national sporting clubs over the years. Transient population that mostly turns up as supporters of football teams from their home states of WA, SA, VIC OR NSW and most arent hanging around long enough to even think “maybe I’ll change and follow the local Gold Coast team”..

I think Gold Coast needs to stay, they just need a complete rebrand and an experienced coach. Possibly some COLA.
No sporting clubs succeed in the Gold Coast.

I look at someone like Jack Lukosius and note that his physique is exactly the same as it was when he was drafted.

No muscle definition at all.

Do they train hard enough? Is there culture that of a team that wants to succeed, or are they there to punch in and punch out each week and collect big coin.

If I'm a supporter I'd want to see a bit more.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not giving away pick 7 and drafting a Phillipou would have helped them too

They have so much talent another too 10 pick won’t help them

At some point it has to be about their Senior Coach, Football Department and their player development

No point adding more too 10 picks if you can’t develop them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Although contracted, Hollands must be thinking about getting out of that "club" after being dropped and playing for the club he supported and how that has turned out for Rankine, we can give them back their 2nd rounder since they need draft points lol.

There’s no heart..

they aren’t a team.. they are just a bunch of blokes kicking a footy around to make good coin.. no passion for the jumper because the jumper has no real history or meaning.

the morons that started the Suns fuxked up from the beginning just by calling them the suns.. it’s possibly the shittest name ever given to a football club.

they should’ve taken on the Gold Coast Sharks and used the biggest AFL club on the Gold Coast as the launch pad.. but they obviously believed that might alienate all the supporters of the the sharks opposition clubs..

it’s a no win situation on the Goldy.. a graveyard for national sporting clubs over the years. Transient population that mostly turns up as supporters of football teams from their home states of WA, SA, VIC OR NSW and most arent hanging around long enough to even think “maybe I’ll change and follow the local Gold Coast team”..
Our jumper had no real history either. 🤷‍♀️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football state that was basically a State Of Origin team in the early days, a bit of difference
That had nothing to do with our club though. We are no different to Gold Coast in terms of history. Our jumper had no history or past players attached to it. Somebody asked the question on Twitter - at what point do you consider a club having a heritage (responding to claims that Adelaide had none)? Is it 30? 50? 100 years? The only difference is, we are from a footballing state but does that give you a claim to history and heritage?

That had nothing to do with our club though. We are no different to Gold Coast in terms of history. Our jumper had no history or past players attached to it. Somebody asked the question on Twitter - at what point do you consider a club having a heritage (responding to claims that Adelaide had none)? Is it 30? 50? 100 years? The only difference is, we are from a footballing state but does that give you a claim to history and heritage?
But players were playing for something in Rd1 1991, thats the difference, we represented our whole state, our players knew is was us v them (VFL), GC have nothing that they are representing. You cannot compare them and their creation to ours

Heritage is just accrual of stories and memories, suffering and (ideally) some success, shared in a group, over time. Crows were established when I was about 12. It’s pretty much a lifetime of stories for me, and that feels like heritage. Look at some of the threads on here where we remember past players, games, moments. I’m sure long-suffering Freo supporters feel like their club has heritage for these reasons. It is probably still too soon for GC and GWS. Also, query whether there are enough dedicated supporters yet to make a real enduring heritage.

I think Gold Coast needs to stay, they just need a complete rebrand and an experienced coach. Possibly some COLA.
Should have pushed for and got that instead of that ridiculous priority pick that has solved nothing.

I would not be surprised in the least if hollands does not stay up there and b king etc leave after they finish their next contract..why be stuck in a forever rebuild and rot away playing infront of 5k-10k supporters. These guys see the big crowds we get and in melbourne and no doubt they wsnt to have success in their careers

Its a club on its knees

Not giving away pick 7 and drafting a Phillipou would have helped them too

I still cannot comprehend how a club can lose Rankine and STILL have salary cap issues bad enough that they have to voluntarily surrender pick 7.

How can you possibly be that incompetent?

I still cannot comprehend how a club can lose Rankine and STILL have salary cap issues bad enough that they have to voluntarily surrender pick 7.

How can you possibly be that incompetent?

Their chairman until recently was one of the biggest flogs in football, at least based on any time I heard him interviewed

Can't imagine he had the ship running well at all

They are in a complete no win situation - they will never keep their good players as they will never get a decent crowd or have any decent history - massive call but will they ever make finals?

There’s no heart..

Anyone who thinks a jumper means anything has rocks in their head. Carlton is shit despite them being a "real club with a jump that means something". Ditto Essendon. Richmond went through a 30 year stint of being shit. Saints had one for 100s of years and are still shit. Adelaide have spent the last 20 years being shit even though the jumper means something. Port have fought for the prison bars and got smacked the moment they were allowed to use them. To reiterate, jumpers don't mean anything.

Gold Coast are garbage for the exact same reasons Carlton, Essendon, Adelaide, Saints and every garbage side you can think of had sustained stints at the bottom. They've got the wrong people in charge of the club, and once you have the wrong people, it kills everything it touches. Parachute Geelong or Melbournes board into Gold Coast and they'd be a regular finals/top 4 side in five years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Death Riding - Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back