Status
Not open for further replies.

staedtler

Debutant
Feb 9, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I, like many people, have both Hille and Harvey in my team. I intend to trade them both, but who are the best pair to replace them?

I have been thinking McIntosh for Hille, but i am unsure about Harvey. I have then have just enough cash to ugrade Harvey to Davey as well.
:thumbsu: or :thumbsdown:?

Without extra cash, Hille and Harvey cost $869,500.

What is the best combination of a ruck and a forward that we could get for that price?

I, like many people, have both Hille and Harvey in my team. I intend to trade them both, but who are the best pair to replace them?

I have been thinking McIntosh for Hille, but i am unsure about Harvey. I have then have just enough cash to ugrade Harvey to Davey as well.
:thumbsu: or :thumbsdown:?

Without extra cash, Hille and Harvey cost $869,500.

What is the best combination of a ruck and a forward that we could get for that price?

If you have bench cover You could trade in Hille for Sandilands ~$421K or McIntosh this week ~$438K and wait for both Franklin and Deledio to drop next week and pick one of them up. You should be able to sneak in a combination of the 4 for under 869,500 if you split it over 2 weeks.

I had Harvey as captain as well as Hille in my team so last week was a disaster.
The best combination is Hille ($381,600) for Mcintosh ($438,000) and Harvey ($487,900) for Hawkins ($367,000). Both Mcintosh and Hawkins are expected to rise in value this week. Geelong need a big strong marking forward to be a gamebreaker and Hawkins looks like the man. He is worth the punt. And you will have some money left over.
If you don't want to take the punt on Hawkins, trade Harvey for Krakouer ($405,500). Krakouer is getting plenty of the ball and is expected to rise in value for the next few weeks.
As I have extra money in the salary cap I am going to (after selected teams for rd 6 of course) trade Hille for Mcintosh and Harvey for Pavlich ($537,500). I chose Pavlich slightly ahead of riewoldt as Pavlich is cheaper (obvious), Pavlich can have a stint in the midfield and Pavlich has a good chance to rise in value this week.

I had Harvey as captain as well as Hille in my team so last week was a disaster.
The best combination is Hille ($381,600) for Mcintosh ($438,000) and Harvey ($487,900) for Hawkins ($367,000). Both Mcintosh and Hawkins are expected to rise in value this week. Geelong need a big strong marking forward to be a gamebreaker and Hawkins looks like the man. He is worth the punt. And you will have some money left over.
If you don't want to take the punt on Hawkins, trade Harvey for Krakouer ($405,500). Krakouer is getting plenty of the ball and is expected to rise in value for the next few weeks.
As I have extra money in the salary cap I am going to (after selected teams for rd 6 of course) trade Hille for Mcintosh and Harvey for Pavlich ($537,500). I chose Pavlich slightly ahead of riewoldt as Pavlich is cheaper (obvious), Pavlich can have a stint in the midfield and Pavlich has a good chance to rise in value this week.

You forgot the most obvious trade Harvey > Franklin :eek:

Obvious?
Franklin is expected to go down in price this week. So, I would try to wait a week or two before considering Franklin. Is that obvious?

Franklin has a BE of roughly 120 this week which is not a whole lot of higher than what his average should be by the end of the year (assuming that he fires up at some point). This indicates that while Franklin may not be at the absolute lowest price point, he is certainly very close to it. As a result Franklin IS an obvious choice for those looking to trade Harvey this week.
This is especially so as you will not have Harvey in your team in 'a week or two' to be considering the Franklin trade.

Btw IMO Hawkins is definitely NOT an obvious choice. Trade him in at your own peril.

i was hoping there would be a thread on this but i already have macintosh and i also have delidio and roughhead (thus not sure if i should get franklin as well)
so i was thinking of gettin cox into the frey, but would need to trade harvey for someone 297 or less....any ideas?
other option was to trade hille for kreuzer and then i could even wait till next week, cover harvey with mitch brown and then trade him for steve johnson.
or harvey for krakouer, hille for sandilands and pocket 40k.

any thoughts which would be the best option?

Franklin has a BE of roughly 120 this week which is not a whole lot of higher than what his average should be by the end of the year (assuming that he fires up at some point). This indicates that while Franklin may not be at the absolute lowest price point, he is certainly very close to it. As a result Franklin IS an obvious choice for those looking to trade Harvey this week.
This is especially so as you will not have Harvey in your team in 'a week or two' to be considering the Franklin trade.

Exactly what I meant. :thumbsu:

i was hoping there would be a thread on this but i already have macintosh and i also have delidio and roughhead (thus not sure if i should get franklin as well)
so i was thinking of gettin cox into the frey, but would need to trade harvey for someone 297 or less....any ideas?
other option was to trade hille for kreuzer and then i could even wait till next week, cover harvey with mitch brown and then trade him for steve johnson.

I'm in the same boat. Looking to get Cox in which means trade Harvey for a much cheaper option. Depends how good your forward options are. Ideally you want to get someone who is going to be a keeper. I've got a pretty handy forward line already but my possible trades for Harvey are Nahas, Ziebell or Aaron Edwards who's only played one game for North this year. This will mean i've got Skippy, Walker, Brown and the possible other cheaper player that will fill 2 spots on the field. The rest of my forward line are keepers.

Cox is the GablettJ of the rucks. Should've had him from the start and is yet to score below 100sc points in all his games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obvious?
Franklin is expected to go down in price this week. So, I would try to wait a week or two before considering Franklin. Is that obvious?

Expected by whom? I reckon now is the best time to get him considering he has Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle and Melbourne in the next 4 weeks. His price is going to rise in the coming weeks and i reckon he will achieve his b/e this week.

I was going to trade him in this week regardless of what happened but the injury to Boomer made it a certainty for me.

I went

Out: Hile, Harvey
In: Cox, Franklin

This leaves me with $170,000 in the kitty.

I already have cox, but i am tempted by kruezer, aswell as the obvious candidates: mcintosh/petrie/sandi. If i trade hille to kruezer, i could pick up reiwoldt for harvey, and have ~40k left over. So:

Hille to Kreuzer
Harvey to Riewoldt
40k left over

I think franklin will remain at around the same price this week, before rising in the following weeks. I think i should be able to get him next week by trading my 8th defender (suban or petrenko) to greenwood, and skippy to franklin.

I initially was going to bring in Sandi for Hille but am also looking at Kreuzer now.

Looking at his stats he has scored 91, 84 and 107 when the Blues have won which you would expect to be more often than not. Sandi has scored well in all matches expect for one so you'd say he is possibly more consistent and also has a proven track record. Kreuzer is a bit of an unknown, but this could possibly be his break-out year.

Get Cox into your team. Should be over $600,000 by the end of this round. Trade Harvey for Ziebell from kangaroos. Ziebell has already risen $117,900. He should have a bigger role with Boomer Harveys long term injury and Wells still injured.

Expected by whom? I reckon now is the best time to get him considering he has Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle and Melbourne in the next 4 weeks. His price is going to rise in the coming weeks and i reckon he will achieve his b/e this week.

Taking this seasons scores into account, he needs 124 to breake even. He is about 1% chance to do this. This is 17 more points than his average from last year.

I am using a mathematical model. So, yes!. 1.26% to be precise

haha ur just looking at the break % on ffgenie, thats not the likelihood of him getting his break even, im not exactly sure what it means buts its not that (anyone know?).

krakeour is at 100% to get 13, he could pull a hille/harvey and get 0, hope not :p

Harvey > Rewoildt

OR

Harvey > Leon Davis

??

I am surprised no one has mentioned Leon. He is the perfect supercoach player. All he needs is 20 touches to score 100. With 30 touches, we saw what he scored last weekend. He looks to have good consistency this year.

By the end of the year I would like to have both these guys in my forward line. Question is, who first? Who is likely to drop in value with inconsistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back