Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw it tonight at the Nova Cinema in Carlton. Great doco. Years in the making, credit to Howard Kotton as one of the main driver behind it.

Was told it will be available on the Carlton website soon, maybe tomorrow.
Just watched it on the Club website now thanks to Aph posting the link. I loved Kotton and Bolf interviews throughout. You could see how much this whole thing from the movie to the actual game itself means to him. Still think Syd Jackson’s the coolest bloke goin tho.

Just watched it on the Club website now thanks to Aph posting the link. I loved Kotton and Bolf interviews throughout. You could see how much this whole thing from the movie to the actual game itself means to him. Still think Syd Jackson’s the coolest bloke goin tho.

Worked with Howard and Tony when they were at the Herald Sun, mad nutter Carlton supporters who told some great stories.
Tony was stiffed trying to get the scoop on Colonial Stadium when it was opening and the AFL wanted his head and got it. campaigners

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My favourite player in the late 70s, early 80s. Which is saying something with the competition he had.

There was the peerless Ashman, Doull the best backman of all time, not just Carlton, the superhuman, bravest ever Hunter, and the superb Harmes.

But The Dominator was unbelievably good. Nothing compares with the way he could hit a pack at pace, and explode out, and hit targets or goals every time.

A complete force of nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite player in the late 70s, early 80s. Which is saying something with the competition he had.

There was the peerless Ashman, Doull the best backman of all time, not just Carlton, the superhuman, bravest ever Hunter, and the superb Harmes.

But The Dominator was unbelievably good. Nothing compares with the way he could hit a pack at pace, and explode out, and hit targets or goals every time.

A complete force of nature.

Mine as well sosos (1979 - 1990)

Privileged to watch The Dom play.

Mr. September.

I was lamenting Vossy spilling the beans this morning and declaring that Charlie Curnow is not playing on Sunday.

Nobody plays mind games any longer.

It made me think of the 1982 GF when David Clarke and Frank Marchesani ran out with the team to keep Richmond guessing about who was playing. It didn’t quite work.😂

I then googled the game and found this cracking article summing up the game. It highlights the big moments. I love the reference to Alex Marcou’s goal in the last quarter. It happened right in front of where we were sitting. It wasn’t only Serge doing the happy dance.

I was lamenting Vossy spilling the beans this morning and declaring that Charlie Curnow is not playing on Sunday.

Nobody plays mind games any longer.

It made me think of the 1982 GF when David Clarke and Frank Marchesani ran out with the team to keep Richmond guessing about who was playing. It didn’t quite work.😂

I then googled the game and found this cracking article summing up the game. It highlights the big moments. I love the reference to Alex Marcou’s goal in the last quarter. It happened right in front of where we were sitting. It wasn’t only Serge doing the happy dance.

And to think with the current rules we might well have lost as Hunter wouldn’t have been able to come back on under concussion protocols and Rioli ran riot in the time he was off the field. With Ditchburn that would have left us with 2 players unable to come back on

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back