Downgrade Options

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delaney looked really good, but having had Pedersen on the bench all year who knows what tricks Scott will pull with rookie selections. He's also a rookie, so may get dropped back to the rookie list if North runs out of injuries.

Yeah I have to admit I’m surprised he got the nod ahead of Pedersen, but if he gets named this week and next I’ll definitely be bringing him in for L.Thompson. Sorry about the cross thread post, wasn't sure which thread to go with so took a punt and went with both (half the time you don't get a response in the trades thread)

The Bulldogs have a LTI so there is a chance Luke Dahlhaus will be elevated. He's been tearing it up in the VFL worth an add on your watchlist.

Any defender downgrades on the horizon after Jacobs?

My plan this week was to downgrade a forward and upgrade a mid - thus missing the Jacobs boat.

But that makes me nervous cos I'll have a swag of $300k defenders with nobody to downgrade them too :confused:.

Nothing really good, and all are potential job security issues (Jacobs' big drawcard) except for Coad when he returns, and Clarke if he gets on the paddock.

Xavier Clarke is making his second comeback of the year from injury. Last time he lasted a game and a half in the 2nds. Should be great value if he actually gets on the park.

Jacob Brennan (WCE) is supposedly in good form in the West Coast seconds. He may get a game. Secondhand reports only.

Watson (Carlton) seems to be shelved after playing a couple of games early on and is still bottom priced.

Luke Delaney looked really good last week on Brown, so in theory he should continue to hold his spot at least until Grima comes back. However who knows given the fate of my next option...

Pedersen. Gone in and out of the team twice, and is an option to return this week according to Scott.

Golby is doing well in our seconds and might crack a game later in the year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Magin, Retzlaff and Shaw (GC) have all ticked up in price but are still cheap options at the moment. Job security is still an issue for all three.

Injured and bottom-priced mature agers: Coad, Daniher, Faulks.

Looking for a mid to downgrade to. Already have Mzungu and don't like Evans JS.
The only option I can think of is Callinan. He's good to go next week according to the afl injury list, but who knows if Adelaide will even select him.

Looking for a mid to downgrade to. Already have Mzungu and don't like Evans JS.
The only option I can think of is Callinan. He's good to go next week according to the afl injury list, but who knows if Adelaide will even select him.

Josh green from the lions is on the bubble.

Anyone know of back downgrade options?

Josh green from the lions is on the bubble.

Anyone know of back downgrade options?

Green looks like another C. Beams for us - low scoring mid, should hold his place but might be in and out down the stretch.

I had a look at backs last week, there's not really any quality until/unless X. Clarke comes back for the Lions (obscene injury risk) or Coad for the Suns. WCE's Brennan might be another option (emergencies this week) but nothing promising for at least two to three weeks.

The Bulldogs have a LTI so there is a chance Luke Dahlhaus will be elevated. He's been tearing it up in the VFL worth an add on your watchlist.

Trained with the main group today with another rookie listed player Barlow. Hopefully Dahlhaus gets the nod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuohy is set to debut for Carlton this week! Could be an option to cash in a backline cow in a couple of weeks.

Nice spot. Tree trunk legs, very strong and good long kick for an Irish convert. The only thing holding him back is job security as Carlton have great options down back this year - Bower is also due back 3-4 weeks.

Probably needs Russell to miss this week to be a chance but could really do anything if he can handle the speed.

Most Bullant watchers slating him for a lock in the back pocket next year.

Alex Browne may get a run for Essendon in the near future too. Midfielder that's listed as a defender in SuperCoach. Played well during the NAB Cup, solid reserves form. Job security will be poor though.

Update: Looks like Browne is getting a run quicker than I thought, he's been named this week. Keep an eye on him.

Last chance to grab Evans before his prices rises - not great job security but if you purely want money you cant get any cheaper than him.

With Newton out for 4-6 weeks, Gawn has come in to ruck and should play a fair bit. Not sure how many people will want a ruck downgrade (Petrie?) but yeah.

Any North fans out there give us some reasons to or not to trade in Pederson & Delaney??

Pederson must be plowing scotts daughter or something, looked good first game then couldnt get another one. I think there just isnt a spot for him in the long run, he looks a mr fix it guy and doesnt have a set position. We have plenty of rucks and tall defenders, so he JS sucks.

Delaney has been playing well, but he looks like a key backman, so will get the best forward which means prob going to give away frees and not get many possessions due to maning up tight. Wont score well so i would steer clear of him also.

Christian Howard (WBD) must be a smokey for a downgrade option in the backline next week. First-round draft pick (?) for the Bulldogs a couple years ago. Named on a wing vs Geelong tomorrow. Could be part of a "generational change" underway down there at Footscray.

Christian Howard (WBD) must be a smokey for a downgrade option in the backline next week. First-round draft pick (?) for the Bulldogs a couple years ago. Named on a wing vs Geelong tomorrow. Could be part of a "generational change" underway down there at Footscray.

Yep I've got my eye on him, playing his second game this week, should play out the year

Alex Browne may get a run for Essendon in the near future too. Midfielder that's listed as a defender in SuperCoach. Played well during the NAB Cup, solid reserves form. Job security will be poor though.

Update: Looks like Browne is getting a run quicker than I thought, he's been named this week. Keep an eye on him.

Good call mate :thumbsu:

Didn't take alot of notice of him last night but Howe ($103600 F) for the Dees managed a 97 first up..19 touches, 6 marks and a goal which is pretty impressive on Hooker. I need a forward downgrade as well and while I wait for Callinan he might be my man.

I need to get rid of either Mckernan or Toy. Any advice on the best fwd/back downgrade options? Jeremy Howe scored well up forward for the dees but what is his js like?

I need to get rid of either Mckernan or Toy. Any advice on the best fwd/back downgrade options? Jeremy Howe scored well up forward for the dees but what is his js like?
I reckon we are getting to the difficult downgrade time, Howe looked good for the dees, I'll be checking how callinan went in the SANFL this weekend.
Wasn't many standouts in the VFL this weekend either.
Watson from the blues may come back in if Jamison is injured for some weeks (but it'll only be short term IMO).

I don't think Callinan played this weekend. I remember reading it somewhere although i could be wrong and haven't researched that comment one bit but don't think he's too far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back