Draft Camp/state Screening Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

I read somewhere Chris Yarran, Neville Jetta, Lance Daly, Jarrad Blight,Clance Pearce, Nicholas Naitanui and Micheal Walters invited to the Draft camp from Swan Districts

I read somewhere Chris Yarran, Neville Jetta, Lance Daly, Jarrad Blight,Clance Pearce, Nicholas Naitanui and Micheal Walters invited to the Draft camp from Swan Districts

Thanks deadly :thumbsu:, I've been trying to find the boys from the mighty black ducks that were invited. Blight, there's a surprise for most I would think? He's got all the attributes of a good utility though, I've liked him more and more as the season has gone on.

The camp invites from SA are Broadbent, Cahill, Phil Davis, Hall, Hartlett, Johnston, Martin, O'Keefe, Redden, Schoenmakers, Varcoe, Stanley and Slattery.

The camp invites from SA are Broadbent, Cahill, Phil Davis, Hall, Hartlett, Johnston, Martin, O'Keefe, Redden, Schoenmakers, Varcoe, Stanley and Slattery.

I love it when people who obviously have the privelidge of having access to restricted information post it on open forums.

It is their total lack of respect to the process and privacy of information that illustrates that it is by far more important to big note themselves than do what is right and honourable.

Does anyone have any thoughts on dash barolli from murray bushrangers not getting invited to draft camp. Made Vic country side, only managed the one game due to injury. Just missed out on vic country as a bottom age player. Any thoughts

I love it when people who obviously have the privelidge of having access to restricted information post it on open forums.

It is their total lack of respect to the process and privacy of information that illustrates that it is by far more important to big note themselves than do what is right and honourable.

Is there a particular reason why the list of invitees is sensitive information?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That itself is a seperate debate.

Like you I do not know why the AFL do not release the information other than it is only an interim list and not the final list so it can be changed and will be changed if every other year the list has been added to. Maybe the AFL just want to ensure all the players find out directly from them rather than through a web site like this.

The information is handed out by the AFL to clubs in a manner where the clubs are expected to keep the information confidential, obviously each clubs recruiting department have the full lists and I would suspect that most of the scouts are shown the list.

It appears that some of these people who know the information is suppose to be kept in house still decide to betray that trust.

Some people here obviously find out about kids from their club and by that time it is general information and I find it acceptable for those people to post that information here. I also acknowledge that there are people interested in knowing who is going to draft camp and screenings.

Calder.

Johnny Rayner is out for the rest of the season with a back stress fracture- Outstanding athlete and very clean- real chance to go.

I was aksing after Rayner back in May when he disappeared from school footy. He had 4 good games with the Jets and then gorn. According to his school mates he has been doing rehab for the past 2-3 months (after doing nothing), is back doing 4-5 sessions per week with his aths coach and has been given the all-clear with his back. Be good if we could see him back in action for the Jets during finals - but would lack any sort of match fitness. May have to wait until next year for his opportunity but could be the smokey of this year's draft.

That itself is a seperate debate.

Like you I do not know why the AFL do not release the information other than it is only an interim list and not the final list so it can be changed and will be changed if every other year the list has been added to. Maybe the AFL just want to ensure all the players find out directly from them rather than through a web site like this.

The information is handed out by the AFL to clubs in a manner where the clubs are expected to keep the information confidential, obviously each clubs recruiting department have the full lists and I would suspect that most of the scouts are shown the list.

It appears that some of these people who know the information is suppose to be kept in house still decide to betray that trust.

Some people here obviously find out about kids from their club and by that time it is general information and I find it acceptable for those people to post that information here. I also acknowledge that there are people interested in knowing who is going to draft camp and screenings.
You ask any club official or recruiter who's going and they'll tell you, it's not a big secret and the cone of silence doesn't have to descend. Suggesting the list is to be kept in house and a betrayal if it isn't simply shows an ignorance of the whole process. And this years magic number is 75, post em if you've got them and don't have a sook if you don't.

Suggesting the list is to be kept in house and a betrayal if it isn't simply shows an ignorance of the whole process. And this years magic number is 75, post em if you've got them and don't have a sook if you don't.

It does not show ignorance to the process. It would be ignorant of me to expect that everyone in the process would do as they should. It does not therefore make it right to disclose what you know you shouldn't

It is a bit like drink driving. It is not ignorant of me to think drink driving is wrong. It would be ignorant of me if I thought drink driving did not happen. The fact that drink driving happens does not make it correct.

thanks for the challenge but that is school yard stuff.

Another fair effort by West Adelaide, with 4 of the 13.
Will West Adelaide count Mitch Robinson as one of their juniors?

Interesting story when he's 19 and might get drafted first round like Taylor who was a mature recruit.

The last time an older rookie was picked first round before Harry Taylor was Andrew McKay in 1992.

A long time between drinks.

It does not show ignorance to the process. It would be ignorant of me to expect that everyone in the process would do as they should. It does not therefore make it right to disclose what you know you shouldn't

Don't be so precious MP.

It's not as if the list is a State Secret. At the push of an AFL button 40 recruiters have the lists. Then another button push by the head recruiters and another couple of hundred spotters have the lists. And so on and so on.

Pretty soon the selected kids get told and they tell their mates and parents and before long there is not much that isn't fairly common knowledge.

It's no different to Mike Sheahan announcing in the Melbourne Paper today about the new GC17 drafting arrangements for 2010 before the formal announcement has been made.

That's just life.

99% of BF is about big noting in way on another so your holier than thou posts will certainly fall on deaf ears.

Claremont pair Ian Richardson and Tom Swift will finally get their chance to impress talent scouts after being invited to attend the AFL draft camp in Canberra on September 30.

Swift is one of the most promising players in the State but had a knee reconstruction last year and then missed this year’s under-18 national titles as a result of another knee injury.

Richardson won the WAFL colts best and fairest in 2006 but was overlooked in the draft. He made his league debut this season and has kicked 60 goals. The 20-year-old was also best on ground in the State game between WA and Queensland.

Tiger teammate Matthew de Boer attended last year’s camp but did not nominate for the draft.

Thirteen West Australians were invited to attend the camp, where they will be watched by recruiters and coaches from every AFL club.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=4&ContentID=94645

It is a bit like drink driving. It is not ignorant of me to think drink driving is wrong. It would be ignorant of me if I thought drink driving did not happen. The fact that drink driving happens does not make it correct.

thanks for the challenge but that is school yard stuff.
Yes is does show ignorance and the secret covenant of the priory has not been broken. You should spend less time trying to project your own inadequecies onto other people and try posting something useful.
Just to use an example Gugliotta, Sibosado, Sharples and Steven Motlop going to the camp would classify as being useful, critiquing information that appears in this thread is not.

As for your drink driving anology, that went completely over my head. What has that got to do with the price of tea in China? Nothing.

Stats from WAFL for WA National Draft Camp invitees

More information found at-

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-2393-0-64429-0&pool=-1&round=0&a=STATS

Ian Richardson (Cl) 20 yrs
19 games av 13.6 possessions and 5.1 marks per game
Kicked 60 goals and 25 points
WA State player
WA V Qld Simpson medalist 2008

18s State players who have played WAFL League (senior footy) in 2008

Dan Rich (S) 18 yrs
14 games av 15.6 possessions and 3.2 marks
All Australian 18s player 2007 and 2008
WAFL debut 2007

Matt De Boer (Cl) 18 yrs
13 games av 17.5 possessions and 3.8 marks