Draft discusson thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodie Smith could be the best player in the draft

lets get BRODIE SMITH

I think he is the one we should go with.

Has a long kick which has superstar energy feel to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7G9KeEjyg8&feature=related

If he gets abit of muscle he could be a real star.

He can weave and side step like Judd abit AND PETER MATERA.

HE MOVES LIKE A SKINNY YOUNG JUDD, EVEN HIS TACKLES LOOK THE SAME

For all those saying we need a Stephen hill type,I agree. But the truth is apart from bennell there are now real hill types left in the draft. Yes Polec plays that role, but he's no hill. And we don't need a other Chad Fletcher in gaff (yes agree a bit better than Fletcher, but similar). Heppell on the other hand just oozes class. :thumbsu: I compare him to a Luke hodge off the back line who can push through the midfield.

Correct. Polec has shown more as a Junior than Hill.

It's all about positioning Polec gets in similar spots and attacks. Great body strength and strong agility. My biggest problem with Polec is he often looks rushed and i question his ability to roost the ball 60m without shanking it like Nicoski.

Re: Brodie Smith could be the best player in the draft

lets get BRODIE SMITH

I think he is the one we should go with.

A couple of things to work on:
1. You don't need to start a new thread every time a new thought pops into your head, especially when we have several threads on similar topics.
2. You don't need to use big fonts and bold to get your point across.

Dial it down a notch thanks.

1. You don't need to start a new thread every time a new thought pops into your head, especially when we have several threads on similar topics.

Brodie Smith looks abit stronger in that video than at the under 18 championships.

He has some of that physical elasticity that Judd, Matera and Stephen Hill have.

Yep you are totally right

Sorry about that.

I guess I am looking forward to seeing someone light up Subi oval again

Its going to be great fun next year

a couple of things to work on:

praise-the-lord.jpg

Praise the Lord!

Anyone think the Eagles could make a shock selection and pick Jed Lamb at 4?

I feel he will be gone by pick 26, probably between picks 12 and 18 but he is the type of player we lack. Top score in the kicking test, which I know isn't the ultimate test of foot skills but he does add x factor, goal kicking and does rotate through the midfiled at times as well.

Bit of Didak about him.

Geeez, its a shame we couldn't have packaged pick 4 with a player and got say pick 9 and 14. These two picks could have landed us Lamb and Darling / or another decent mid.

Reading a Q&A with Emma Quayle?? she mentioned that this draft has a lot of good inside mids / MBFers and not so many quality outside mids, Bennell being the standout.:eek::(

If we do go best avaliable at 4 it could end up being another inside mid / HBF.

That's powerful stuff Five Strings I hope Go Eagles feels suitably chastised and remourseful. he's been a bad, bad boy - or girl, if that is the case.

Oh, by the way I also believe Brodie Smith should be pencilled in with Hepple for our number 4 pick.

If Andreoli were an exceptional prospect, he wouldn't be rated in what a fair few deem to be in the pick 25-40 range in a compromised draft. He may be a good player, but not the quality to match that of our IM's. The quality of a deserving pick 4 compared to a player rated 20-30 places lower is significant in most cases. Why settle for OM's at later picks as per usual if that's the case. WC currently have average players as Wingmen, because they were only willing to spend average picks for that type. WC will continue to receive what they're willing to pay. WC must change their drafting of not spending their 1st pick on an Outside Midfielder.

While i agree we shouldn't take Darling i disagree with this. Andreoli is a strong propspect and i wouldn't be suprised if he was the 5th West Australian picked after Swallow, Bennell, Darling and Conca.

For all those saying we need a Stephen hill type,I agree. But the truth is apart from bennell there are now real hill types left in the draft. Yes Polec plays that role, but he's no hill. And we don't need a other Chad Fletcher in gaff (yes agree a bit better than Fletcher, but similar). Heppell on the other hand just oozes class. :thumbsu: I compare him to a Luke hodge off the back line who can push through the midfield.

saw this on a phantom draft and he looks good for a 2nd or 3rd pick.Is a mature -aged 21 yr old so should be ready to go .

#28 (West Coast) – Isaac Smith (VIC)
Height: 187cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: ?
Recruited from: North Ballarat (VFL)
Style: Travis Varcoe/ David Wojcinski (wingman)
Range: 24-45
Why: Kid who came out of the Ballarat league. Only played a couple of VFL games but he was an absolute standout showing incredible pace during the VFL grand final showing obvious AFL talent. Super fast wingman who has risen up the draft order very quickly in a very short period. Some of Smith’s results at the state screening were outstanding testing superbly in the running vertical jump, 20m sprint and scoring a more than respectable result in the beep test which highlights his great all round athleticism. Also don’t be surprised to see North Melbourne use Hawthorn’s compensation pick they got in exchange for David Hale from Hawthorn to get Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really want Green in the second round.

Would love him at 26, I dont think he'll be available though. Apparently the saints and brisbane are extremely keen on him at 24 and 25 respectively. We're a very good chance to pick up a good ranga at 26 though, with Green and Conca possibly being available, and even Andreoli, seems to have a small hint of red :p

Spoke to Conca, he said wc had spoken to him and he reckons he's a good chance if he lasts to 26.

I keep changing, but im currently on the Heppell bandwagon. But its looking more and more likely Gaff will be pulling on the blue and gold next year.

saw this on a phantom draft and he looks good for a 2nd or 3rd pick.Is a mature -aged 21 yr old so should be ready to go .

#28 (West Coast) – Isaac Smith (VIC)
Height: 187cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: ?
Recruited from: North Ballarat (VFL)
Style: Travis Varcoe/ David Wojcinski (wingman)
Range: 24-45
Why: Kid who came out of the Ballarat league. Only played a couple of VFL games but he was an absolute standout showing incredible pace during the VFL grand final showing obvious AFL talent. Super fast wingman who has risen up the draft order very quickly in a very short period. Some of Smith’s results at the state screening were outstanding testing superbly in the running vertical jump, 20m sprint and scoring a more than respectable result in the beep test which highlights his great all round athleticism. Also don’t be surprised to see North Melbourne use Hawthorn’s compensation pick they got in exchange for David Hale from Hawthorn to get Smith.
Yeah Isaac Smith looks really good.
Long striding wingman, very damaging.
The fact that he's 21 and has been playing in a poor league will count against him. Would very much like him or Andreoli at 26/28 if we don't pick a "pure" wingman at 4.
Shame we don't have a pick around the 30-40 mark.

Yeah Isaac Smith looks really good.
Long striding wingman, very damaging.
The fact that he's 21 and has been playing in a poor league will count against him. Would very much like him or Andreoli at 26/28 if we don't pick a "pure" wingman at 4.
Shame we don't have a pick around the 30-40 mark.

I disagree, I think the fact he moved up from a lower level to VFL and shone is a sign that he has potential. A 21 year old who no one knew at the start of the season is interesting, I wouldn't mind drafting purely because of the unknown factor next his name. He could be anything.

I disagree, I think the fact he moved up from a lower level to VFL and shone is a sign that he has potential. A 21 year old who no one knew at the start of the season is interesting, I wouldn't mind drafting purely because of the unknown factor next his name. He could be anything.
Perhaps count against him was the wrong phrase.
Yes, he is an unknown quantity who hasn't played much in reputable leagues. It is this fact that is probably the difference between him going 25-40 and going 15-25.
If we took Gaff, Darling or Heppell I would like to see him be taken at 26/28.

Polec, Cook and Pitt would be an ideal outcome for me.
Gaff/Heppell, Cook and Andreoli/Smith would also be good.

good signs
he impressed in the VFL GF.

VFL whip the WAFL by 100 points so there is little risk

Really want Green in the second round.

Me too, surprised not more people are lobbying for him at the Eagles.

Think a less tough but more dynamic Hams. With red hair! :p

Not sure about his angles though...

I'd jump on Green at 26 if he was there. From what I've seen / read he has a lot of energy, run and goal kicking ability. Really knows how to rove a pack and run at the goals. Red headed Milne crossed with Ballantyne. ............. :eek: actualy scrub that thought.

Anyhow he'd be a little terror in the attacking half of the ground. Definately the outside sort we need more of.:thumbsu:

Is Hayden related to Chris? Cousins? I remember reading someone saying that Hayden has the potential to be even better than Chris, surely not?...Hayden doesn't look as silky smooth or quick in his movement like Chris.

Prem, that was the other Chris Yarran (played in the AFL U16 Championships this year and won the Kevin Sheehan Medal for player of the series) that was being to referred to, as having the potential to be better than Carlton's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back