Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton have TDK, Pittonet and O'Keefe.

Then it's pinch hitting from McKay, Silvagni, Young and maybe Lemmey.

It's pretty hard to carry too many rucks these days.
The Lions have struggled with this over the last few years. With Oscar/Daniher locked in the seniors, we had Fort, Smith, Lane and another who I've gone mental blank on. Struggled to give them enough ruck time in the VFL to keep in touch and develop.

Definitely is a limit if they are all fit

We'll take Draper so you better trade up

Yep you'd be happy with either Draper or FOS. Crows want him, hand over their f1. You get the death wish Adelaide next year.

Haven't they already chosen footy by the time it's being considered?
Yes - the acadmies are about the top end. In theory, the system is designed to help develop players from communities that don't play much footy, so more enter the AFL asystem and thus interest in footy grows in those communities. They're not really grasroots academies - they're to make players from African and Asian backgrounds more likely to play AFL and that's what will result in more community particpation.

Last edited:
Maybe your F2 going back or whatever, if they want Draper pay up
There's a clear top 4 in this years draft, I think Adelaide would be happy with any one of them.

I can't see us giving up a F1 to move up 1 spot.

(Especially given the Market Price to move from Pick 6 to Pick 2 :rolleyes:)

Who are the 4?
Lalor, FOS, Jagga and Draper... maybe then a half step down to Langford (who I don't think suits Adelaide's needs).

I'd just sit there and take whoever is left. They all have skills which would improve out list.

Although, we did draft McAsey so who knows!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor, FOS, Jagga and Draper... maybe then a half step down to Langford (who I don't think suits Adelaide's needs).

I'd just sit there and take whoever is left. They all have skills which would improve out list.

Although, we did draft McAsey so who knows!?

McAsey was pick 6 to be fair wasn’t he

We are gonna take a part time fisherman from Surf Coast area currently play Geelong Ammos at the end of the Draft and he's gonna become a 2 time All Australian player.

Trust in Stephen Wells :praying:
If only it wasn't true. You actually bloody will. It's commendable, but it's what the job description should be for all clubs. "Find untapped talent". Cats do it far better than everyone, by streets.

Yes - the acadmies are about the top end. In theory, the system is designed to help develop players from communities that don't play much footy, so more enter the AFL asystem and thus interest in footy grows in those communities. They're not really grasroots academies - they're to make players from African and Asian backgrounds more likely to play AFL and that's what will result in more community particpation.
Like the Crows grabbing James Borlase born in Cairo when his father father, a Port Adelaide Captain in the SANFL briefly worked in Egypt for the Australina Wheat board.

Like the Crows grabbing James Borlase born in Cairo when his father father, a Port Adelaide Captain in the SANFL briefly worked in Egypt for the Australina Wheat board.
The intention of a rule doesn't always match an individual outcome. Some speeding isn't even remotely dangerous, whereas sometimes driving at the speed limit is too dangerous for the situation.

They could assess every single case as to whether it is likely to encourage participation in non-traditional communities, but that's a shit-storm waiting to happen, so they've gone the easier path of blanket rules which will throw up some anomalies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back