Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

We will possibly take Wright so once Pavlich retires that gives us Wright/Apeness/Taberner as key forwards....
If we are going to Rerookie Smith, we will have Vandleur/Smith/Pearce so theres our key backs

So really its a 50/50 choice we would most likely take the required 3minutes to make a selection.
You've had 3 months to get your order down, I don't see 3 more minutes helping. You take the best player after watching them all year and learning all about them. As much as I rate Taberner and Apeness, plus dont' hate Zac Smith and am a Hannath fan, you'd probably say the ruck/fwd is more valuable. But Lever is a freak. You can't make that call in 3 minutes, you've got your list locked in for a reason.

Wouldn't at all surprise me if Freo went for a small either. I get the feeling your recruiters trust their ratings and have done well when doing so.

You've had 3 months to get your order down, I don't see 3 more minutes helping. You take the best player after watching them all year and learning all about them. As much as I rate Taberner and Apeness, plus dont' hate Zac Smith and am a Hannath fan, you'd probably say the ruck/fwd is more valuable. But Lever is a freak. You can't make that call in 3 minutes, you've got your list locked in for a reason.

Wouldn't at all surprise me if Freo went for a small either. I get the feeling your recruiters trust their ratings and have done well when doing so.
Known us we will take some skinny flanker kid..
Worked with big Fyfe but doubt it will work again.
we either need a defender or forward.

Rogers is the National Recruiting Manager with three recruiting officers and the rest reporting to him.

Reckon Williams left to due his actions, not Carlton's. Can't think of too many people who have worked for three clubs in the space of six months. Sounds legit after he walked out two weeks before the draft.

Rumour is false after Mick said Rogers could pick who he wanted.

"Let the baker bake the bread, just make sure you give me a good loaf"

Tigers still handed over a second round pick for Hampson after Williams moved to Tigerland.

How is this relevant? Luke Williams isn't our list manager, Blair Hartley is. He is responsible for any trades that happen.

Word on our board is Vickers-Willis and D.McKenzie are the two we are dead keen on.

Have been linked with Menadue a bit too.

It's your develope that's the problem not recruiting! Most other clubs would have selected those players around those pick.

Development - How come these failed players have failed to kicks goals elsewhere - And some have moved into allegedly good systems - Sometimes players aren't as good as projected.

Development - How come these failed players have failed to kicks goals elsewhere - And some have moved into allegedly good systems - Sometimes players aren't as good as projected.
You could understand one or maybe 2 players not coming on but everyone of there early picks have failed! Like I said most clubs would have selected those players around those picks. To me that's there develpment program not so much there recruiting.

Oh shock horror a Collingwood supporter that struggles with reading.

I didn't say they'd solve the problem, I'd say they'd try to help us solve the problem besides I'm more confident that they'll develop into quality players with the coaching staff we have in place now as opposed to what we had with Scully and Trengove.
Meow!

You could understand one or maybe 2 players not coming on but everyone of there early picks have failed! Like I said most clubs would have selected those players around those picks. To me that's there develpment program not so much there recruiting.

Hm, not really. Trengove, Tapscott, arguably Blease and Strauss (both horrible broken legs) cruelled by injury, Scully going okay at gws, Morton okay for first several seasons and then fell in a big hole, Gysberts and Cook abject failures. Watts easily best 22 for us, and likely would be for any other club too.

Blease is getting another go at the Cats, and who knows what will happen with Trengove and (if rookie picked by either us or someone else) Tapscott.

No doubt development has been a big problem, but there's also been a lot of bad luck involved.

Gysberts, Cook and Strauss all massive reaches who were picked far earlier than they should have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ever helps you sleep at night buddy.
Chin up.
If I was a parent I'd rather have my kid play for the bombers than Melbourne.
At least they can develop talent.

A new broom has swept through, Champ.

There's been nothing wrong with the development of Salem and Kennedy-Harris in their first years, Gawn continues to improve, as does Kent; and Tyson took his game to a brilliant level in his first year at the Dees. The tide is well and truly turning.

Keep swinging though, kid.

Sam Durbin will go top ten was told yesterday :) yes a friend of his mum told me.

Langford is looking like going to Collingwood at 5 :)

North Melbourne want ReeceMcKenzie at 14

Dogs want Vickers-Williss and D.McKenzie also keen on McDonald and Webb

Sam Durbin will go top ten was told yesterday :) yes a friend of his mum told me.

Durdin to the Cats you reckon? Giants, Suns?

Sam Durdin will go top ten was told yesterday :) yes a friend of his mum told me.

EFA.

Adelaide at 14 or North Melbourne at 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back