Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

What has Melbourne done to address their development?
That is the problem.
Have you changed recruiting managers? Have you added more development coaches?

At the end of 08 we were in the same situation as you.
Since then we have completely changed our development system.
We now have the most development coaches in the AFL.

Um seriously?

Obviously besides Roos who brought with him George Stone who retired this year, we've got a highly regarded assistant coach Simon Goodwin from Essendon and then we've got Brendan McCartney who is responsible for the development of the Bulldogs promising midfield.

Then there's about another 4 developments coaches in Brad Miller, Ben Mathews, Brett Alison and Daniel McPherson, our development team is on an entirely different level from the circus it use to be.

Dave Mission is also a pretty highly regarded fitness coach.

Um seriously?

Obviously besides Roos who brought with him George Stone who retired this year, we've got a highly regarded assistant coach Simon Goodwin from Essendon and then we've got Brendan McCartney who is responsible for the development of the Bulldogs promising midfield.

Then there's about another 4 developments coaches in Brad Miller, Ben Mathews, Brett Alison and Daniel McPherson, our development team is on an entirely different level from the circus it use to be.

Dave Mission is also a pretty highly regarded fitness coach.
He's responsible for more than that mate. He played a massive role in developing Geelong's young players in the early to mid 2000's. They love him so much that a number of them joined him at the Dogs in one way or another.

Are you serious with this question?

The reason why I'm asking is that only an absolute imbecile could not notice that we've made massive changes to all facets of the club over the last 18 months.
Sorry that I don't pay attention to the worst "club" in the league.
It was actually a question. Not a statment.

We will probably be discussing who Melbourne takes next year at pick 1 when they are down the bottom again

He's responsible for more than that mate. He played a massive role in developing Geelong's young players in the early to mid 2000's. They love him so much that a number of them joined him at the Dogs in one way or another.
Which also reinforces the fact that our development team is a completely different team than our past team, this one has proven coaches that have proven track records.

We will probably be discussing who Melbourne takes next year at pick 1 when they are down the bottom again

:rolleyes:

I think we've all established you're a lightweight, mate.

Which also reinforces the fact that our development team is a completely different team than our past team, this one has proven coaches that have proven track records.

:rolleyes:
How is the saviour Roos going?
Him being at Melbourne has proved how good Sydney as a whole are and how much shit Melbourne are in.
Roos is the band aid to a deep infection

Melbourne rant over....( I hate Melbourne btw :D)

Hahahahahahahah! Scully and Trengove were pick 1 & 2 pretty sure every afl fan thought they were sure things. Just like every other number 1 and 2 pick! Easy to post something this stupid so many years after they were drafted!

What I mean to say is highly rated juniors who excel in winning contested ball have been proven time and time again to be the best bets going forward. Neither Scully nor Trengove had the level of inside game that Brayshaw and Petracca do. Of course I'm saying this in hindsight, but only because it seems to be a more recently evident trend.

Fyfe didn't "slip" to round 2, he was never expected to go any higher than he did. He's just come on in leaps and bounds since being drafted.

What I meant was that it is quite a poor reflection on certain recruiters that blokes like Christian Howard and Luke Tapscott were selected ahead of him. Especially Howard - he was a pick 40 prospect at best.

What I mean to say is highly rated juniors who excel in winning contested ball have been proven time and time again to be the best bets going forward. Neither Scully nor Trengove had the level of inside game that Brayshaw and Petracca do. Of course I'm saying this in hindsight, but only because it seems to be a more recently evident trend.
I think there's a lot of hindsight in that. Trengove had plenty of inside game, even if his main strength was accumulating the footy and using it smartly if not brilliantly. Scully was likened by many to Chris Judd with the way he'd burst away from packs and with his hands in close. Unfortunately at AFL level he's been turned in to a poorly skilled outside runner, pretty much Brent Stanton, where I would've liked to have seen him even with a small build mix it inside more.

How is the saviour Roos going?
Him being at Melbourne has proved how good Sydney as a whole are and how much shit Melbourne are in.
Roos is the band aid to a deep infection

Melbourne rant over....( I hate Melbourne btw :D)

A Richmond supporter having a go at another team's recruiting - Pot. Kettle. Black:rolleyes:

What I meant was that it is quite a poor reflection on certain recruiters that blokes like Christian Howard and Luke Tapscott were selected ahead of him. Especially Howard - he was a pick 40 prospect at best.

Why Fyfe had a poor championships then dominated wafl colts in the second half of season.
He was also never played in the centre, mainly forward and occasionally on a wing.
He didn't go to draft camp.
Only two other clubs apart from Freo and WCE showed any interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing you preferring Durdin over Lever
Yes abit of that floating around on our board.
Main reason they want Durdin over Lever if hes available is because Durdin is flexiable and can play forward/back/pinch in ruck if we prefer that in a player.

But even though Lever has had a knee reco at the age of 18 i still see him as having more potential then Durdin seeing as we can focus him in the backline and maybe shape his game around Johnson.

Yes abit of that floating around on our board.
Main reason they want Durdin over Lever if hes available is because Durdin is flexiable and can play forward/back/pinch in ruck if we prefer that in a player.

But even though Lever has had a knee reco at the age of 18 i still see him as having more potential then Durdin seeing as we can focus him in the backline and maybe shape his game around Johnson.
Yeah and also cos I hope you guys take Durdin so we can get Lever :D

If Wright and Lever are available at pick 13 who do you think Freo will take
We will possibly take Wright so once Pavlich retires that gives us Wright/Apeness/Taberner as key forwards....
If we are going to Rerookie Smith, we will have Vandleur/Smith/Pearce so theres our key backs

So really its a 50/50 choice we would most likely take the required 3minutes to make a selection.

I woulda thought use would of preferred Durdin as he is a Adelaide boy and you wont have to worry about home sickness
Nah I rate Lever highly, got good character and wouldn't have to worry about home sickness there. Durdin is okay but there is a rumour that we won't even take him if he is available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back