Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Would this bring Lever back into the conversation
Would this rule out McKenzie for St Kilda with 21/22?

No need for two KPF with St Kilda's midfield still one of the weakest in the AFL. There should be two quality mids/flankers available with these selections. Best forwards usually go early.

If the Saints take McCartin there is zero chance we won't take both Petracca and Brayshaw. It is a dead set certainty we'll take both.

Hogan, Dawes, Pedersen, Gawn, Howe and the He-Man Watts will provide marking targets until we target another more physical tall.

You won't solve all of your deficiencies in one draft, but Petracca, Brayshaw, and Stretch partnering with Tyson, Viney, Salem and Jones will go a long way to addressing our midfield issues.

If the Saints take McCartin there is zero chance we won't take both Petracca and Brayshaw. It is a dead set certainty we'll take both.

Hogan, Dawes, Pedersen, Gawn, Howe and the He-Man Watts will provide marking targets until we target another more physical tall.

You won't solve all of your deficiencies in one draft, but Petracca, Brayshaw, and Stretch partnering with Tyson, Viney, Salem and Jones will go a long way to addressing our midfield issues.

Would be one of the best young midfields in the AFL

you guys have been saying that for years.... Ever since the Scully/Trengrove draft..
Oh shock horror a Collingwood supporter that struggles with reading.

I didn't say they'd solve the problem, I'd say they'd try to help us solve the problem besides I'm more confident that they'll develop into quality players with the coaching staff we have in place now as opposed to what we had with Scully and Trengove.

Oh shock horror a Collingwood supporter that struggles with reading.

I didn't say they'd solve the problem, I'd say they'd try to help us solve the problem besides I'm more confident that they'll develop into quality players with the coaching staff we have in place now as opposed to what we had with Scully and Trengove.
It's your develope that's the problem not recruiting! Most other clubs would have selected those players around those pick.

Doesn't make it any less true. Scully and Trengove (and Morton and Gysberts etc) were meant to be the solution. Obviously a failed solution. So solution number 2 is Viney, Toumpas, Tyson, Salem and whoever we take this year.

Then you can proceed to halt the development of yet another generation of the nations best young midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as you'd like to think so, we're not consigned to stuffing up forever. Even a simpleton would probably acknowledge that.

Or not.

Brayshaw and Petracca are both surer things than Scully and Trengove too IMO. Both are freak contested ball winners first and foremost. You'd be laughing with those two on your list I reckon.

Brayshaw and Petracca are both surer things than Scully and Trengove too IMO. Both are freak contested ball winners first and foremost. You'd be laughing with those two on your list I reckon.
Wasn't Scully the next Judd and Trengove the best young player to come out of SA?
Melbourne went from laughing to everyone laughing at them.

As much as you'd like to think so, we're not consigned to stuffing up forever. Even a simpleton would probably acknowledge that.

Or not.

More the fact that Scully and Trengove were suppose to be sure things and Melbourne had an amazing young list.

Melbourne won't be shit forever, but you're giving it a damn good shake.

More the fact that Scully and Trengove were suppose to be sure things and Melbourne had an amazing young list.

Melbourne won't be shit forever, but you're giving it a damn good shake.

The captaincy and his navicular have ruined Trengove's career. I've no doubt the foot has been the issue even prior to diagnosis such was the promise of his first 2 years. Scully is just too small.

Big bodied inside mids have the greatest success rate of top 10's. Guess what Brayshaw and Petracca are ?

Not to mention we have have a completely revamped football dept and development program.

But I accept it suits you to believe we're consigned to stuffing up forever.

Hahahahahahahah! Scully and Trengove were pick 1 & 2 pretty sure every afl fan thought they were sure things. Just like every other number 1 and 2 pick! Easy to post something this stupid so many years after they were drafted!

The captaincy and his navicular have ruined Trengove's career. I've no doubt the foot has been the issue even prior to diagnosis such was the promise of his first 2 years. Scully is just too small.

Big bodied inside mids have the greatest success rate of top 10's. Guess what Brayshaw and Petracca are ?

Not to mention we have have a completely revamped football dept and development program.

Ease up.

What has Melbourne done to address their development?
That is the problem.
Have you changed recruiting managers? Have you added more development coaches?

At the end of 08 we were in the same situation as you.
Since then we have completely changed our development system.
We now have the most development coaches in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back