Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Collingwood want Laverde but don't want Pickett, but GWS fully aware of this and will take Laverde at 4. Collingwood to take Lever at 5 to fill the gap left by Maxwell. Sometimes leadership is underrated and 'snake' lever has it in spades. GWS to supplement Laverde with Pickett and Wright/Durdin/Goddard at 6 & 7.

Port Adelaide have shown significant interest in Stingray Alex Harnett who if overlooked will likely play at local VFL club Casey Scorpions in 2015.

Source?

Nielson linked to port by a st Kilda poster, McGrath linked to port according to cal Twomey, Panos and Richmond by a close source of mine and that's all I have

Source?

Nielson linked to port by a st Kilda poster, McGrath linked to port according to cal Twomey, Panos and Richmond by a close source of mine and that's all I have

Highly unlikely it will happen but Alex himself has mentioned Port have shown the most interest of 3 clubs.

Port Adelaide have shown significant interest in Stingray Alex Harnett who if overlooked will likely play at local VFL club Casey Scorpions in 2015.
Six boys from the Stingrays think they'll get drafted (very confident young guys though, they'd tell you they're future Brownlow Medallists if you'd believe them)

Six boys from the Stingrays think they'll get drafted (very confident young guys though, they'd tell you they're future Brownlow Medallists if you'd believe them)

Speaking with Luke Kitchen (strength and conditioning coach), he says up to 8 could be but more than likely 3 will (Lamb, Capiron and Lonie the best chances) with another couple rookie prospects.

Is there any hope of a minor miracle for Pickett to slide outside top 10? There's usually 1 or 2 each year that surprisingly slide.

Is there any hope of a minor miracle for Pickett to slide outside top 10? There's usually 1 or 2 each year that surprisingly slide.
No chance IMO, GWS to keen. Peter Wright very likely to slide out of the top 10.

No chance IMO, GWS to keen. Peter Wright very likely to slide out of the top 10.
Don't think we will take a forward but he would be hard to pass up. Tigers have stated clearly they want a classy mid. Wish Cockatoo would slide to our second pick but that won't happen. Would be disappointed if we took him with 12. Now wishing we hadn't won that last round match against Sydney which would have left us with a top 10 pick.

Don't think we will take a forward but he would be hard to pass up. Tigers have stated clearly they want a classy mid. Wish Cockatoo would slide to our second pick but that won't happen. Would be disappointed if we took him with 12. Now wishing we hadn't won that last round match against Sydney which would have left us with a top 10 pick.
Judging by the pre draft articles, Richmond are looking at Duggan/Ellis for pick 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking with Luke Kitchen (strength and conditioning coach), he says up to 8 could be but more than likely 3 will (Lamb, Capiron and Lonie the best chances) with another couple rookie prospects.

Who are the stingray guys likely to be drafted??
Rouke Fischer any chance?

Adelaide linked with all of the following for pick 14:

R McKenzie (may be hoping he lasts until 35)
P Wright (in the unlikely event that he is still available we'd be a huge chance to pull the trigger)
H Goddard (again, seems unlikely to still be on the board to me with GWS sniffing at 6-7 and other suitors including Freo at 13)
S Durdin (SA lad, we lack KPDs, it makes sense but his stocks have taken a major hit - again Freo at 13 will surely take Goddard or Durdin I suspect)
K Langford (could be this year's Bontempelli, so perhaps he goes before 14)
J Lever (hard to see a guy of his talent dropping to 14 but not out of the question and I suspect our recruiting team would blow their loads if he is available)
B Maynard (again, may be hoping he falls to 35 - fans will puke if he's selected at 14 with so much superior talent out there)

I don't recall a draft this unclear. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Pick 14 ends up being none of the above (Weller, Duggan, Ahern, Garlett, Cockatoo, Marchbank, Ellis, De Goey all some sort of chance you'd think). Pick 7-40 odd of this draft could get majorly wacky for all clubs I suspect. It's ridiculously even.

Emma Quayle next Wednesday will have real answers. Until then we can only guess!

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back