Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Emma Q says that Carlton is very keen on Clay Smith with pick 22, but she believes its unlikely he will last that long.

Based on that, it seems unlikely he will last past 30.

We have been linked to numerous players such as Smith Greene Tomlinson Adams Docherty Longer and a few others.

I am surprised people Clay Smith is a good option at 8/12. I personally think he will go around the mid 30s - early 40s.
Devon Smith i think they mean.

Not a lot of eagerness for Clay round here.

Looks to have a real good attitude and thirst for the contest, puts his head over the ball and wins it.

You could do worse out of a comprimised draft then a player who won't die wondering and loves to get his hands dirty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have no trouble taking Smith where you got Sloane.
That year also saw Jackson Trengrove, Shaun McKernan, Jack Redden, Zaharakis, Suban in the 20's, Hannebury, Clarke, Sheils, Roughead in the 30's, Robinson, Banfield and Stanley in the 40's. Was a pretty solid draft.

I can see Smith getting picked early because a recruiter 'fell in love'. Tis' the year for favourites.

If you could iron out Clay's disposal - like Jobe Watson has managed to do, you would have an excellent in-and-under player.

Seems strange the Dogs are so keen when there are better-skilled players forecast to be availiable - although they do need replacements for Boyd and Cross.

Hate players who kick like Clay :)

Seems like a Matthew Boyd type to me. Its great having a stoppage monster, but I hope the dogs take someone with a bit more polish.

Its a tad unhealthy to have one player dominate winning the contested ball for your side when that player has suspect disposal. But way better than not winning the contested ball at all.

Surely there will be a well-rounded midfielder who has a bit of polish available at 17? From what Ive read, Kavanagh or maybe an Ellis, McKenzie or Devon Smith if they are thought to be vcapable of playing midfield. Adams would be fantastic, but likely to be gawn by 17.

anyone know what time the draft actually starts? No foxtel at my house, so gonna have to be SEN, as i reckon the internet broadcast is slower to get the info across.

anyone know what time the draft actually starts? No foxtel at my house, so gonna have to be SEN, as i reckon the internet broadcast is slower to get the info across.

I read somewhere that the broadcast will start at 6 pm. The draft itself is from 7pm. Whether that applies to SEN couldn't tell you.

Geoff Parker (Port Recruiting manager) basicly said Liam Sumner won't be considerded at Pick 6.

Prob between WHE, Wingard, Buntine and Greene for Port.
Will not be WHE, despite Port visiting him multiple times they won't be taking him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back