Damien McCormack (Dandenong Stingrays) - 84cm
Ryan Willitts (Northern Knights) - 83cm

tigers1au said:
Deledio - Chris Mainwaring, only taller
Roughead - Nietz, but not as quick over the first 5-10
Griffen - Buckley, without the fig jam
Tambling - Peter Matera, only smaller
Franklin - Ottens, he's nothing like TarrentHaven't seen the rest
I have heard plenty of well-informed people compare Franklin to Tarrant and also Goodes so I think I'll take their opinion over yours. Never heard a single comparison to Ottens, from what I've seen of him and heard of him he is nothing at all like Ottens. Stupid comment.

It seems that some people are taking this thread the wrong way. It's called 'draft top 10 - who do they remind you of'. Now that will come down to all different results because different people have different opinions. It seems that people are saying that other people's opinions are wrong, which just doesn't work because they're all interpreted differently.
Originally Posted by dascman03
LOL

Judd has pace
End of story
Deledio is just about as fast as Judd. In the 20m sprint, Deledio got 2.90sec, and back when Judd did it, he got 2.90 as well. So next time think before you speak.

I have heard plenty of well-informed people compare Franklin to Tarrant and also Goodes so I think I'll take their opinion over yours. Never heard a single comparison to Ottens, from what I've seen of him and heard of him he is nothing at all like Ottens. Stupid comment

I can see the how the goodes comparison might apply, but goodes is more thickly set than Franklin. Franklin is a tall, lean forward/ruckman. Who moves well and has nice skills, similar to Ottens(when healthy that is). And they both seem to have temperament problems ie. When the going gets tough they tend to look for a place to hide. You can delude yourself as much as you want about Franklin being like Tarrant if you want, but the first time you actually see him play you'll see that I'm right and will beg me for my forgiveness, which is pending, depending upon how much you grovel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the playing style not if they're as good as or as bad as:

Deledio - Pavlich but quicker
Roughead - D.Schwarze
Griffen - Buckley but lighter
Tambling - Wells
Franklin - Goodes/Tarrant
Williams - B.Kinnear (if B.Kinnear was any good)
Lewis - Athletic Ling
Meesen - Charman
Russell - N.Lappin
Egan - X.Clarke/O'Louqlin in the midfield hopefully

As for Collingwood's other draftee here's what I've heard:
Rusling: Don't really know apart from the stupid carey comparison. Maybe a lighter but faster Pavlich?
Iaccobuchi: Picket and Licuria
T.Cloke: Ottens

cypher said:
Anyone know who Jesse Dubbya Smith reminds you of? Perhaps Ben Hart
He would have gone top ten for sure and his career barring injury will surpass most of the players taken before him.

He reminds me of a Clement.

tigers1au said:
I can see the how the goodes comparison might apply, but goodes is more thickly set than Franklin.

Franklin is a tall, lean forward/ruckman. Who moves well and has nice skills, similar to Ottens(when healthy that is). And they both seem to have temperament problems ie. When the going gets tough they tend to look for a place to hide.

Firstly, Franklin is about 86kgs at 17 years old! How heavy was Gooodes at 17? As for the temparament problems, think your thinking of Richo there mate. Don't delude yourself into thinking you have gotten rid of that problem.

tigers1au said:
You can delude yourself as much as you want about Franklin being like Tarrant if you want.

At the teal cup carnival all the scouts were calling him tarrant like and he was even asked in a interview about being compared to tarrant. Just out of interest how many games have you seen franklin play?

mitch morton - nick dal santo; the common denominator being class. also watch out for mitch's foot skills they are pretty special. the roo's recruiting manager said he would be on a par with any other player picked in the draft incl deledio.

OneEyedHawk said:
Firstly, Franklin is about 86kgs at 17 years old! How heavy was Gooodes at 17? As for the temparament problems, think your thinking of Richo there mate. Don't delude yourself into thinking you have gotten rid of that problem.

I don't know exactly how heavy Goodes was at 17 but I remember he wasn't as lean as Franklin.

At the teal cup carnival all the scouts were calling him tarrant like and he was even asked in a interview about being compared to tarrant. Just out of interest how many games have you seen franklin play?

All the scouts, just out of interest how many scouts told you this. I think you've been listening to pre draft hype, where player abilities tend to be blown out of proportion. Just for the record I've seen Franklin play a couple of times both in person and on tv, and it was pretty obvious that he's a different player to Tarrant.

OneEyedHawk said:
Well I'm telling you right now he was as lean as Franklin, possibly moreso. 86kgs at 17yo, you wouldn't want to be any heavier than that.

mmm, I don't have the stats in front of me at the moment, but isn't Franklin around 197.5cm and goodes about 193cm(current height), as is Tarrant. So physically at least he looks leaner. And Goodes does have a very solid build.

Remove this Banner Ad

draft top 10 - who do they remind you of

Remove this Banner Ad

Back