Mega Thread Draftees Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shit thread.

Even if Heppell does turn out to be a better player than Conca it does not mean Conca wont be good. I see plenty of upside in Conca, hes very good inside and has all the skills of a well rounded midfielder, he will be a jet in a few years.

Conca's done enough to justify pick 6 IMO.. Look at Yarran and others in their 1st seasons... He is coming off a limited pre season and has shown glimpses of what he is capable of and the talent he has. It's now up to the Tigers to develop the talent.

You know when you're having an argument with your girlfriend, and you're just like "I cannot believe we're even having this argument, this is so absurd, how can you possibly think this?"

That's what this thread is like.

Conca will be easily as good if not better than Heppell by the time they retire.

Thought Conca looked very good in the first half of the year. Should be an excellent player when he builds a tank, just looks tired as most first year players do at this time of year.

You have enough Heppell types already anyway, Houli, Newman and Connors, i can see why you went Conca instead.

Severe overreaction is severe.

The only way that Conca will not be a great long-term player for the Tigers is if he leaves to go elsewhere.

One of the main reasons for leaving is feeling unwanted....Imagine if he logs on and sees some of the infantile dribble in this thread.

Why the f... is this thread a sticky? Stuck up there at the top of the Tigers page like a badge of idiocy.

Let it sink into oblivion.

The only way that Conca will not be a great long-term player for the Tigers is if he leaves to go elsewhere.

One of the main reasons for leaving is feeling unwanted....Imagine if he logs on and sees some of the infantile dribble in this thread.

Why the f... is this thread a sticky? Stuck up there at the top of the Tigers page like a badge of idiocy.

Because we're sick of the weekly threads that bag either the recruits, established players, coaches, admin and just about everything else about the club. So we've decided to establish these mega threads to allow those that want to vent a place to vent without taking over the whole board, which allows other threads not related to these topics a chance to thrive.

God damn right.

Would be nice if there were some positive threads on the page for a change. I wouldn't mind seeing some of this crap just fall off the page to make room for something a little more positive.

I hate to think what people from other clubs think when they first log onto this board and see 5 Mega Vent threads directed at everyone but the Pope.

Critical analysis is fine but focussing and dissecting only negatives will make this board a horrible place to be.

Just dont think he was the best of the best we could have attained with our pick six ... means FJ has no clue how to draft

no doubt he will be a 200 game player but you get those with picks 20 to 30

you get future AA with picks 10 to 1

Just dont think he was the best of the best we could have attained with our pick six ... means FJ has no clue how to draft

How many people had Jack as a future AA Coleman medalist when he was drafted?

FFS the kid only started running a few weeks before the NAB cup...

No you do not. Do you have any idea how few players have played 200 games? If Conca gets there, he will be a highly successful pick 6. I could not be happier. Heppell is over rated. Conca is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you do not. Do you have any idea how few players have played 200 games? If Conca gets there, he will be a highly successful pick 6. I could not be happier. Heppell is over rated. Conca is a gun.

Jacko is at 100 and counting ...

Sorry guys I think I'm just a little bummed about recent form and I see heppel and shuey darling ect ect exell in the game at such a young age

And I gees I have grown to not like high draft picks other than dusty after bling :rolleyes:

Jacko is at 100 and counting ...

Sorry guys I think I'm just a little bummed about recent form and I see heppel and shuey darling ect ect exell in the game at such a young age

And I gees I have grown to not like high draft picks other than dusty after bling :rolleyes:

Missed most of the pre-season. We didn't need another back flanker. He isn't going to excel with no pre-season. Besides people forget how good his first half of the year was. Was rated top 3 or 4 of the draftees with Batch top 6ish. But yer our draftees are no good. :rolleyes:

Yes and to get to 200 that's another 5 seasons barring any injuries. Do you really think he will still be around in 2016?

At a decent club wouldn't have been around in 2011 let alone 2016.

Also, for Jacko to be used as an example of a 200 game player is pretty funny. FFS he just scraped to 100. He's only half way and will be lucky to be still on the list end of the year.

Also, for Jacko to be used as an example of a 200 game player is pretty funny. FFS he just scraped to 100. He's only half way and will be lucky to be still on the list end of the year.

Um.... that's my point.

Missed most of the pre-season. We didn't need another back flanker. He isn't going to excel with no pre-season. Besides people forget how good his first half of the year was. Was rated top 3 or 4 of the draftees with Batch top 6ish. But yer our draftees are no good. :rolleyes:

How do you figure? We're currently playing our best player out of his most dangerous postion (midfield/half-forward) because of our lack of quality back flankers. Plus Newman probably only has 2 more years in him. Getting Heppell would have allowed Deledio to move up the ground where he would be a lot more damaging. Im not having a go at Conca i think he will be a very good player, but i know which one i'd prefer to have atm.

And anyone calling Heppell over-rated seriously havent watched Essendon play.

How do you figure? We're currently playing our best player out of his most dangerous postion (midfield/half-forward) because of our lack of quality back flankers. Plus Newman probably only has 2 more years in him. Getting Heppell would have allowed Deledio to move up the ground where he would be a lot more damaging. Im not having a go at Conca i think he will be a very good player, but i know which one i'd prefer to have atm.

And anyone calling Heppell over-rated seriously havent watched Essendon play.

Batchelor, Newman, Connors, Houli, Dea, Jakobi plus Conca can play there too. I think we need to take the Geelong model and just take mids than will fill the flanks. You have your 3 on-ballers plus 2 wings, 4 flanks and 3 bench players. Thats 12 spots taken by mids. Wouldn't suprise if we took a mid/flanker in the draft this year either (Kavanagh/McKenzie)

I think Batchelor/Heppell in same draft would have been a mistake.

Batchelor, Newman, Connors, Houli, Dea, Jakobi plus Conca can play there too. I think we need to take the Geelong model and just take mids than will fill the flanks. You have your 3 on-ballers plus 2 wings, 4 flanks and 3 bench players. Thats 12 spots taken by mids. Wouldn't suprise if we took a mid/flanker in the draft this year either (Kavanagh/McKenzie)

I think Batchelor/Heppell in same draft would have been a mistake.

Batchelor - looks good
Newman - nearly finished
Connors - unaccountable, over-rated. Should be gone very soon if he dosent show something
Houli - nothing more then depth on a decent team
Dea - really hard to tell what he'll turn into at this stage
Jakobi - Cant even get a VFL game?

We have very few quality flankers.

Heppell will become an elite mid, he wont be a half back flanker his whole career. While Conca will be a very good player, I think Heppell will become elite. Having Heppell allows Deledio to push up the ground without losing out on skill in the back half. Batchelor will probably need another year or 2 to develop before he takes over Deledio's role on the half back line, which means Deledio will still be playing back there for the next couple of seasons. Not ideal having your best player played out of position for all this time.

Heppell would have filled a more urgent need, plus I beleieve was the best available.

Batchelor - looks good
Newman - nearly finished
Connors - unaccountable, over-rated. Should be gone very soon if he dosent show something
Houli - nothing more then depth on a decent team
Dea - really hard to tell what he'll turn into at this stage
Jakobi - Cant even get a VFL game?

We have very few quality flankers.

Heppell will become an elite mid, he wont be a half back flanker his whole career. While Conca will be a very good player, I think Heppell will become elite. Having Heppell allows Deledio to push up the ground without losing out on skill in the back half. Batchelor will probably need another year or 2 to develop before he takes over Deledio's role on the half back line, which means Deledio will still be playing back there for the next couple of seasons. Not ideal having your best player played out of position for all this time.

Heppell would have filled a more urgent need, plus I beleieve was the best available.

Also, the commentators love child. Every time he makes an error they avoid a replay never mention it. Good player but is being hyped up to epic proportions. Lets wait and see once Conca has had a pre-season. First few rounds Conca was having roughly the same possessions playing as a genuine mid while Heppell played loose across half back. Now he has tired and we are saying he is no good or Heppell is better? Would like to re-visit next year and year after to see.

Also, the commentators love child. Every time he makes an error they avoid a replay never mention it. Good player but is being hyped up to epic proportions. Lets wait and see once Conca has had a pre-season. First few rounds Conca was having roughly the same possessions playing as a genuine mid while Heppell played loose across half back. Now he has tired and we are saying he is no good or Heppell is better? Would like to re-visit next year and year after to see.

I agree with Heppell being a commentators love child. Selwood is the worst for that though, if he runs the ball out of bounds the commentators will twist that into making him sound like a genius and a master of disguise.

Your right it will be very interesting to re-visit this in a year or two's time.

Not one mention from any of the the commentators about Batch or Conca for the best young draftees this year.

You say Conca was in teh top 3/5 draftees but just fell off near the the end of the season but... Heppel or Sheuy or Gaff although he coped a bit of injury.

How did we let heppel go ...

GOOD ONE FRANCIS !!!

P.s im not saying he is a crap player he will be good but... not a pick 6

Not one mention from any of the the commentators about Batch or Conca for the best young draftees this year.

You say Conca was in teh top 3/5 draftees but just fell off near the the end of the season but... Heppel or Sheuy or Gaff although he coped a bit of injury.

How did we let heppel go ...

GOOD ONE FRANCIS !!!

P.s im not saying he is a crap player he will be good but... not a pick 6

Your a clever Bird......

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Draftees Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back