DT 2011 Mids Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Than again to counteract that, Premium midfielders are well stronger than the back and forward line aswell. This is the only position where it seems you can get some uniqueness from, the backs and forwards each IMO have 4-5 must have premiums and they select themselves well ahead of the rest.

:thumbsu: Thats why its such a tough call in the mids. You could go foley (85 ave.) and goodes (100) or yarran (75) and m.murphy (110). Its pretty close, i was really set on murphy as a unique but rumors for the weekend are that he hobbled off in the intra club game. I dont wanna take any risks with a player that not many will have

How much of a "no-no" do you see having both Swan and Pendles from the start. I do realise when Collingwood have the bye - I'll be pretty much stuffed. And those league games will be gone.

I really rate Pendles chances this year of really improving his average - but then again I'm worried about missing the boat with Swan. I would prefer to not have to wait until Round 12 to pick him up.

Foley definitly worth it, but i would argue Swallow can avg the same as him and is alot cheaper.

Agree totally with what you have said.

However, Foley has that late first bye (Round 11) and barring injury, should play all games. This is great for upgrading him to a premium.

Now, Swallow has the two byes before foley even has one and im sure ive read somewhere that Mckenna will rest the younger players. Will swallow be rested somewhere between rounds 2-8? Im starting to think he will, therefore i am leaning towards foley.

This is causing me the biggest headaches and is the only thing i have to finalise before lockout.

However, Foley has that late first bye (Round 11) and barring injury, should play all games. This is great for upgrading him to a premium.

Now, Swallow has the two byes before foley even has one and im sure ive read somewhere that Mckenna will rest the younger players. Will swallow be rested somewhere between rounds 2-8? Im starting to think he will, therefore i am leaning towards foley.

This is causing me the biggest headaches and is the only thing i have to finalise before lockout.

Sounds like you've presented a pretty good case FOR Foley. It's the same scenario I'm working on.
If foley is to be upgraded around the time his first bye comes then I say pick him, sit him in that mid 4-5 spot and take the points he will give. He will play more and score more than swallow in the timeframe you are looking at, and will require less cash to upgrade.

Im getting concerned everyone is picking Foley and im not. If he dominates than i might be left behind, i simply cannot fit him into my structure.

How much of a "no-no" do you see having both Swan and Pendles from the start. I do realise when Collingwood have the bye - I'll be pretty much stuffed. And those league games will be gone.

I really rate Pendles chances this year of really improving his average - but then again I'm worried about missing the boat with Swan. I would prefer to not have to wait until Round 12 to pick him up.

Had the same dilemma (as im sure most do). I guess it comes down to this...

Is having Pendlebury over someone else worth the potential zero(s) and/or trades that may likely be used come round 7/13.

For mine, the answer was no.

Yeah that was the reason why i didnt pick Swallow from the start, but now i see Swallow as a keeper. Not a top 6 mid keeper but a solid number 7 mid keeper. I can see him being a very reliable number 7 who scores 70 points every week and plays just about every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you are paying 160k for someone who won't top out until round 11 for starters. If you were going with a 3-3 set-up I can see the argument, but otherwise no thanks.

He will be one of the highest scoring (if not the highest) rookies and is guaranteed best 21. I doubt hell be rested. And he doesnt need to top out. We have 3 subs for a reason. That 7th mid will need to play a lot of games. I think paying an extra 60k for the security he gives you is a no brainer. And I cant really see too many other mid rookies that give you that.

He will be one of the highest scoring (if not the highest) rookies and is guaranteed best 21. I doubt hell be rested. And he doesnt need to top out. We have 3 subs for a reason. That 7th mid will need to play a lot of games. I think paying an extra 60k for the security he gives you is a no brainer. And I cant really see too many other mid rookies that give you that.

Harris?

Even if Chappy misses Rd 1 I'm giving serious thought to keeping him in my side. There's a lack of mid/fwds with Mzungu out and if Chappy comes good and dominates the rest of the year it's almost a given that A LOT of people will have been scared off by the Rd 1 injury. Could give me an edge.

Yeah, as I said earlier I will take Harris for that role. Therefore, there is no reason for me to get Swallow as I will have him to get rid of him.

Do you have a rookie at M6?

here here :thumbsu: there really aren't many other rookies ill feel safe leaving as the 7th mid to cover byes, injuries. Although if he gets rested right when you need him it will suck but hopefully another rookie can fill in. Theres no point picking a rookie at 97k then watch him get dropped after 3 games to Swallow who is a gun but is avoided because he's 60k more and misses 2 in the first 10. Could be a good finals move for those going for the league win as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT 2011 Mids Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back