DT Forwards 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky Lance

Buddy may have been seen to have his best season last year and it sure seemed that way. Yet Lance got Lucky with loser loose checking teams late in the year, which allowed him to avg over 100 to put him into legendary status. Lucky Lance.

After round 10 in a 24 round season Lucky Lance only scored tons against bottom 8 teams. Lucky Lance. Lance struggled against the top teams, so lets have a look at the latter half of Lucky Lance's season.

His only 100's came against bottom 8 teams.
GC - 108
Bris - 109
Melbourne - 127
Port - 142
WBD - 119

While he struggled against the top end
Geel - 86
Coll - 55
Carl - 92
Finals (which i dont usually care about but just further evidence)
Geel - 79
Syd - 100
Coll - 57

Do we read much into lucky lance and hawks lucky run home?

Pretty good point on Lance there. Still have him in my side for now though...

Am weighing up between Didak,Ballantyne & Winderlich. Thoughts?

Lucky Lance

Buddy may have been seen to have his best season last year and it sure seemed that way. Yet Lance got Lucky with loser loose checking teams late in the year, which allowed him to avg over 100 to put him into legendary status. Lucky Lance.

After round 10 in a 24 round season Lucky Lance only scored tons against bottom 8 teams. Lucky Lance. Lance struggled against the top teams, so lets have a look at the latter half of Lucky Lance's season.

His only 100's came against bottom 8 teams.
GC - 108
Bris - 109
Melbourne - 127
Port - 142
WBD - 119

While he struggled against the top end
Geel - 86
Coll - 55
Carl - 92
Finals (which i dont usually care about but just further evidence)
Geel - 79
Syd - 100
Coll - 57

Do we read much into lucky lance and hawks lucky run home?

Not sure I understand your point. He has 11 games this year against bottom 8 sides as well, are you expecting something different?

I agree with 54......DT wise, if they're not looking like being in the top 10 scoring players for that position IMO they're OK and the DT coaches that are 'OK' can select them.

Between you and I and the fence post, and I say this every year....I list who I think will be the top 10 scoring players for each position, 5 for ruck and will only look at taking these players as premium keepers in my team. Otherwise it's rookies and possibly a few of the bargain type (Price Reduction) players.

By all means if you're happy ending up with a team of OK players at the end of the year it really doesnt worry me, in fact I endorse it!

Whilst players may be undervalued at that awkward price, unless they can develop into a season keeper it seems a waste to me to start them or trade them in.

Just my 2c worth.

Rather than getting fixated with your starting team each pre season, this is the time you really should be planning your final team.

:thumbsu: Probably the best advice i have seen on Bigfooty

Hi, seen a lot of love for A. Christensen, i thought he was the pick of the draft last year and certainly rate him , but as far as being a keeper in DT, i dunno if he's just there yet?

Why are so many people sold on him?

Hi, seen a lot of love for A. Christensen, i thought he was the pick of the draft last year and certainly rate him , but as far as being a keeper in DT, i dunno if he's just there yet?

I actually haven't seen that many teams with him in it. I think his bye round hurts and even if he does improve his avg he will be one player come the bye round 12 where you look at trading him to a player who no longer has a bye remaining.

Am starting with him but the question is who with the round 11 bye is worth turning AC into? Not alot of great options

Don't get too freakout out about the byes, your team will change between now and the start of rd 11, it's nice to take note but i wouldn't completely discount a player based on his byes.

just my opinion.

- He is priced at 68.
- Price depressed due to some subs and starting the year in the forwards.
- In the mids he showed very good scoring ability with 4 tonnes.
- Varcoe is out for quite some time in the first half of the year which opens up some time for him.

He might not be a keeper but he is a good bet to make you some money. Whether you are looking at him will probably come down to whether you are determined to go full on guns and rookies or not. There are a few other mid priced forward options and I am not necessarily sold on Christensen but I will be watching him carefully.

KA was also right. He does present as a good trade option in round 12 if you have him. He is likely to have done his job and you could go to someone else without losing a true premium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is martin really as much a lock as most people think?

coming into the his 3rd year which is usually the break out year

but once again with richmonds hard start to the year is he worth it as a starting premium

another bad thing about richmond is they have 2 byes in a row so if your going to upgrade to any richmond players the best time would be round 12 against gws but then they have the bye in rd 13 which is f*cked :thumbsdown:

you would have to say he is a lock. A midfield playing forward is what dreams are made of in this game

It's always exciting to see a new forward who was previously a mid only become available.

Do you put Lewis and Beams in the same category as auto-selections?

What about Sidey and Robinson aswell, they are in that midfield 2011 to forward eligibility 2012 category.

Varcoe is out for 10 weeks which happened last week. I havnt read the latest but geelong fans expected him right to go for round 3-5 he will have little to no impact on other players. He mainly played forward last year aswell and had the normal short stints of any small forward in the midfield which happens for every player every game now. He also had a few games across half back, but mainly up front.

Borrat what is with you and trying to find reasons to not pick the most pick able players? i mean its great to be open minded but have a look out how Martin went against some of the top teams last year, he actually performed very well against them. The R12 game against GWS (i havnt had a look, but from what your saying they play GWS) means that players from the tigers will likely score big before the round bye, thus upgrading to them after the R13 bye makes it hard and expensive. Eg: your better to start with them.

Just posted this on the Suns DT board.

Campbell Brown tweeting that Alex Sexton is a must-have for fantasy leagues. Since he's a dual position player (FWD/MID) at 98k, that's a big hint that he's going to be playing games. Cash cow written all over him.

Sexton is a QLD Zone selection that the Suns took, and according to many would have gone in the top 12 of the 2011 draft. Think of him as a Fyfe type, able to take great overhead marks, kick goals and run stints in the midfield.

He has completed two AFL pre-seasons, as he's been training with the Suns since 2010. Played last year in the NEAFL, and looks set to cement himself into the side. Expecting good things. :thumbsu:

So if you're looking for a cheap pick that will get games and rack up possessions over a number of games, but do not want to go with one of the GWS high draft picks since they're an extra 10k or so, Sexy'll be your man.

What about Sidey and Robinson aswell, they are in that midfield 2011 to forward eligibility 2012 category.

Varcoe is out for 10 weeks which happened last week. I havnt read the latest but geelong fans expected him right to go for round 3-5 he will have little to no impact on other players. He mainly played forward last year aswell and had the normal short stints of any small forward in the midfield which happens for every player every game now. He also had a few games across half back, but mainly up front.

Borrat what is with you and trying to find reasons to not pick the most pick able players? i mean its great to be open minded but have a look out how Martin went against some of the top teams last year, he actually performed very well against them. The R12 game against GWS (i havnt had a look, but from what your saying they play GWS) means that players from the tigers will likely score big before the round bye, thus upgrading to them after the R13 bye makes it hard and expensive. Eg: your better to start with them.
im just asking whether or not they are as much a lock as everyone says thats all nothing wrong with that

and about richmond having 2 byes in a row yes they do play gws in rd 12 and then have the bye which sucks big time for anyone wanting to upgrade to say newman or houli or anyone else

of course i have the 3 main richmond players like everyone else

im just asking whether or not they are as much a lock as everyone says thats all nothing wrong with that

and about richmond having 2 byes in a row yes they do play gws in rd 12 and then have the bye which sucks big time for anyone wanting to upgrade to say newman or houli or anyone else

of course i have the 3 main richmond players like everyone else

How is Richmond playing GWS in R12 a bye?

I hope you remember Richmond losing to GC last year. Richmond are at a point where they need to beat every side and make sure of it. I havnt looked where that game is, but if they are away they need their best team, if they are home they dont have to worry about travel.

Your assuming they will rest, yet the more likely scenario is they will have 10 players score over 100 and make it hard to upgrade to them after R13 because they are all priced spiked.

Why would Richmond rest players the week before a bye - not playing for 3 weeks would be very regenerative to skills and structure ESPECIALLY for Richmond.

Under a new coach does anyone have the faith in Taylor Walker to have the 2011 year that Travis Cloke had? Or am I just showing my bias :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back