Status
Not open for further replies.
Swan
Pendles
Mitchell
Trengove
Martin
Cunnington

Starting 3 rookies with 3 premiums, thoughts??

Bad move mate. Who's your cover on the bench going to be if one or more of your premiums gets injured? It happens a lot. Rookies have no job security, your heading for zeros.

what are your thoughts on this midfield?

Gibbs
Selwood
Cotchin
Palmer
Trengove
Martin

Cunnington
Morabito

As everyone does :p, my team feels right but not to sure on my midfield. thoughts?

Gibbs
Selwood
Cotchin
Palmer
Trengove
Martin

Cunnington
Morabito

As everyone does :p, my team feels right but not to sure on my midfield. thoughts?
pretty decent
id watch cotchin in the nab though
is injury prone and has had a very injury inerrupted pre-season
good rookies that should all play barring injury
two good captain options in gibbs and selwood
but gibbs may have a few low weeks to begin with due to judd being out and murphy doubtful for round 1 and 2

Gibbs
Selwood
Cotchin
Palmer
Trengove
Martin

Cunnington
Morabito

I have a few doubts over some of your selections.

With Judd missing the first 3 rounds, and with strong hints that he may move forward for longer periods this season, Gibbs may attract a little more attention. Still I would expect a 100 point average.

Cotchin and Palmer worry me. Both haven’t had full pre seasons IRRC. & If I'm not mistaken Palmer recently had a set back with his knee ?

The NAB Cup and more training reports will shed mor elight on these blokes though.
Apart from that, it’s a nice Midfield structure you are building around.

Currently the Midfield is my weakest position but I would like some thoughts on this midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, McLean, Dalziell, Trengove and Martin with Shuey and Bastinac on the bench

Thoughts?

Also Rate these Low premium midfielders in order... Ben McGlynn, Cale Morton, Luke Ball, Brock McLean

Now Rate these high midpricers/keepers- David Mackay, Josh P. Kennedy, Callan Ward, Tom Swift, David Armitage, Bradd Dalziell

All Based on value taking into consideration injury, consistency, job security etc.

Bumpidy-Bump-Bump :p

Currently the Midfield is my weakest position but I would like some thoughts on this midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, McLean, Dalziell, Trengove and Martin with Shuey and Bastinac on the bench

Thoughts?

Also Rate these Low premium midfielders in order... Ben McGlynn, Cale Morton, Luke Ball, Brock McLean

Now Rate these high midpricers/keepers- David Mackay, Josh P. Kennedy, Callan Ward, Tom Swift, David Armitage, Bradd Dalziell

All Based on value taking into consideration injury, consistency, job security etc.

Low Prems; Mclean, Morton, Ball, McGlynn

High - Mids; Swift, Mackay, Dazler, Ward, Army, Kennedy

Good rookies in your mids, wouldnt start with gibbs.
I like Mclean but watch dalziell as he may be used in a tagging role which means less disposals

Abit undecided between Joel selwood or Scott Pendlebury.

Leaning toward Scott pendlebury - think his a ball magnet and gets alota cheap kicks. However, I'm also considering Selwood i think his an absolute gun and Ablett will cop the no.1 tag so i think it helps his scores abit too. Pendlebury will probably cop the no.1 tag - so it scares me abit lol.
I would like an 110avg from one of these guys.

Who do you think will be the better pick?

If anything i'd be worried about Selwood getting more attention. Ablett getting the number 1 tag doesn't effect him and some teams don't bother trying to stop him and just go for Selwood.

If anything i'd be worried about Selwood getting more attention. Ablett getting the number 1 tag doesn't effect him and some teams don't bother trying to stop him and just go for Selwood.
Yeah but the umpires llllooooooovvvveeeee Selwood, so even if he gets a "hard" tag from time to time, the umps will just give him a free as soon as anyone tugs on his jumper and then up goes his DT scores again.

One of my "keepers" is Selwood, not too expensive and barring injury is guaranteed to avg around the 100 mark yet again, if not improve.

As for Pendlebury, I'd watch the NAB Cup a bit, Pendles ended 09 with a broken leg, and while he has trained strongly over the post/pre season I still want to see that he's back to his "old self" before placing him in my side.

Pendlebury and the other Collingwood mids will be helped out a lot by the inclusion of Ball and Jolly and the improvement of Sidebottom and Beams, who will take a lot of the "grunt" work out of Pendles game and give him some "cheap" ball, which can only add to his DT score/avg.

Both Selwood and Pendles are in my team at the moment, and unless I see something "off putting" in the NAB Cup, they are two of my "keepers" for sure.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

taking shots to the head seems to run in the family. Troy has been doing it for years up in the lions den, as im sure Adam as has well. Its like they run a family knockout comp, only their version of knockout is different to what most people take it to mean.

Mitchell, Thompson, Cooney, Dalziell........or

Bartel, Selwood, Goodes, Armitage.........

Kornes pissed me off so much last year and when I got him for a bit in 2008.

He's not the same as he used to be scoring wise.

Agreed.....both of them are not the same anymore....certainly wont be in my calculations.....they used to pretty much be a lock in.......

With Hudson as the main ruckman, will there really be enough ball in the Western Bulldogs midfielder for Cooney, Griffen and Ward to increase their respective averages by 10+ and to keep Boyd's and Cross' average around 100? He ranked 13th in hit outs last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back