DT/SC Questions here (check Roster Watch first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DT/SC Questions here: Read thread first please

lock in clark and nic nat as your starting rucks with warnock and skipper on the bench. easy.

Joe Patful guys, do you think he will have more freedom this year, and as such see more of the ball?

To my mind JP's a tough one for DT / SC. Despite his immense value to the team I'd personally lean towards no for these comps.

If Maguire can hold down CHB (which is looking more likely than not at this stage) then I suspect JP will be played in a wider variety of roles this year, but those roles may not correspond to higher scores.

Look to his stellar shutdown role on Adam Goodes last year, and his similar role on Hodge yesterday for clues on how he'll be used. If there's not a suitable player for him to negate then I suspect he may play as that floating 3rd man back and get a bit more license to attack and get a bit more of the pill. However we'll also likely have McGrath and possibly Raines (a more line-ball call than Maguire at this stage, but again more likely than not) providing the real spark from down back.

As such I think his scores may fluctuate a fair bit from week to week, but I don't think he'll regularly pick up high scores.

The Lions big defender stocks are fairly thin too, so injuries could see him go back to taking the 2nd biggest defender every week fairly quickly.

Hope that helps.

Howdy ya'll.

How is Adcock tracking this pre-season?

Picked him in his 110 season and I recon he poses some good value this year in SC terms.

Cheers.

Is Rockliff a guaranteed starter in round 1?

Better to ask after the inter-club match.

Technically an interclub match would be against another club. We will be playing an intraclub match.

Guys just a quick one.

Just seeing if there are any Lions DT leagues floating around that have any spots left in them. I came about 3.000th last year and am wanting to join a league with fellow lions supporters.

If anyone could let me know that would be awesome.

I heard that Clark has been roving to Leuneburger when ever he wasn't rucking. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard that Clark has been roving to Leuneburger when ever he wasn't rucking. Can anyone confirm this?

They did it a few times vs Hawthorn, and Voss pretty much confirmed in this article that we're going to see things like that happen again.

Expect Clark to get a lot of time on ground this year.

They did it a few times vs Hawthorn, and Voss pretty much confirmed in this article that we're going to see things like that happen again.

Expect Clark to get a lot of time on ground this year.
That's great. Clark will average over 110 this year.

That's great. Clark will average over 110 this year.

If they've sorted out his dizzy spells you'd have to think he's a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey guys. what role did jared brennan play last year? ive been hearing that he will play more of a role through the midfield this year and im wondering how much this will improve his scoring for dt.

hey guys. what role did jared brennan play last year? ive been hearing that he will play more of a role through the midfield this year and im wondering how much this will improve his scoring for dt.

He has been playing midfield for the last two years, although was forced into the ruck a bit last year. Would expect the same this year - to play in the midfield but cover other positions if required. IMO his scoring to be fairly similar to last year.

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed...I am almost at my final supercoach team and have done the unthinkable...after being burnt by Raines badly last year, I have now put him in my team. I think i have lost my mind but I did it after reading encouraging reports from the practice match. Does he appear to be over his injuries and will he play round one? Please Please Please talk me out of this insanity...lol

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed...I am almost at my final supercoach team and have done the unthinkable...after being burnt by Raines badly last year, I have now put him in my team. I think i have lost my mind but I did it after reading encouraging reports from the practice match. Does he appear to be over his injuries and will he play round one? Please Please Please talk me out of this insanity...lol

Has had a shorter pre-season due to his past injuries (a case of the softly softly approach by the medical staff I think), but seems to be going fine now. As for Round 1, I reckon he'll play. Then again, I also thought Matt Moody would make it as an AFL player, so I'm not sure how much my opinion is worth! :p

You've got to work out whether he's going to play enough games to be worth it. Are you going to have to wax a trade on him later. I guess is that most of us haven't really seen him play that much. He's a decent price for the risk, but it's still a hell of a risk.

Thought Jack Redden was super impressive in the games I watched last year - is he definite best 22 and thoughts on his potential to take the next step?

Does he appear to be over his injuries and will he play round one?

He is about 50/50 on this board in terms of who thinks he will play round 1. IMO he won't.

Thought Jack Redden was super impressive in the games I watched last year - is he definite best 22 and thoughts on his potential to take the next step?

Should be in the 22 but I wouldn't say it is definite. He is 8kgs heavier than last year and has had an uninterupted preseason.

What's the story behind Al Proud? Doesn't seem to be mentioned much.

He is there abouts. Apparently blitzed it in the 2s again yesterday but has had difficulty adapting to the pace of senior footy. If he can get a game he should get some points with a high tackle count, but maybe lose some with disposal errors.

I wouldn't be getting on Raines in my initial line-up. I'd be waiting until he's played his first two games and looking at his potential price increase when I want to cash someone else in. Mind you, it may take more than two games for him to really settle into a role and he'll also have players like Drummond, McGrath, Adcock, Patfull and Hawksley competing for a similar role and possibly reducing his output. Nevertheless, he could be a solid downgrade from someone like Kennelly at the right time, freeing up some cash elsewhere.

I reckon J.Redden is a great mid-pricer if you're looking at a longer-term prospect. Most people will have the likes of Masten, Dangerfield and Ziebell for a similar price-range and role, so Redden presents as an interesting unique. He might not make big improvements in his value in the first eight weeks, but I reckon by round sixteen, he might well be up around the $450k mark if things go to plan. Don't shoot me if he isn't though! ;)

Anyone else here think that A.McGrath might be able to make the jump from a $388k mid-pricer to a $450+ elite scoring defender in SC? He'd certainly be a unique punt, I reckon, and I also feel that he could improve his output based on the form he showed in the second half of last season. The issue would be whether or not the various shut-down roles that he gets would impact on his scoring.

To be honest though, I actually think Voss needs to free McGrath up a bit more so that he can use his pace and deadly footskills to the overall team advantage.

Anyone else here think that A.McGrath might be able to make the jump from a $388k mid-pricer to a $450+ elite scoring defender in SC? He'd certainly be a unique punt, I reckon, and I also feel that he could improve his output based on the form he showed in the second half of last season. The issue would be whether or not the various shut-down roles that he gets would impact on his scoring.

To be honest though, I actually think Voss needs to free McGrath up a bit more so that he can use his pace and deadly footskills to the overall team advantage.

Who else have we got that can reliably shut down small forwards? IMO Adcock hasn't proved too successful on the flashier forwards.

I'm putting Ash in my team. Our backline structure at training so far seems to have him as our designated runner from defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC Questions here (check Roster Watch first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back