DT Squads Part Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
juddyisgod,

it is imperative that Houlihan be bought as a back and not a fwd.
since Birchall is a doubt for rd1, i'd lose him.

What makes you say this?

The backs aren't the downfall of teams year after year. I think there is definitely merit in having him in the forward line depending on your team structure.

ey guys, having a few issues atm. i have 10gs left and this is the side

goddard, cornes, lockyer. malcheski, houlihan, raines, hill

corey, swan, cornes, gibbs, haselby, rich

cox, sandilands

didak, harvey, gia, lucas, higgins, skipworth, zeibell

FWD line is pretty short i feel, and needs upgrading, any ideas on what i can do ? main prob i feel is i need lucas out

if he averages 75-80 he's a potential keeper in the backs.

if you buy him in the fwds he'll most likely need an upgrade.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:eek: :rolleyes:

Like I said previously, this was the case last year. Not necessarily the case this year.

What if Hodge, Bowden, Scotland, Carrazo, Embley, Fisher, Goddard, Lockyer, Cornes, Bock, McMahon, Newman, Walker, Waite, Enright, Burgoyne and Shaw all average 80+ this year and there are not many injury concerns in the backline? Thats not even including players like Malceski, Mundy, McPhee and Adcock who are apparently very underpriced/due to improve. Its defintitely just as possible. If it ends up being the case, I sure as hell wouldn't want him as my 7th back unless I am really struggling for trades.

Every year is different. To strategize your team on last years results is a sure fire way to stay behind the pack. There are potentially 20 players that will average more than him. I know I want all my players to end up being in the top 20, ideally 3-4 of the top 8 and then the rest from the top 15 or better.

AFAIK the year before, it was the forwards that was the downfall injury wise.

My theory is, take value where you see it, and apply it to your structure. Don't be caged by rules that a player must be in a certain position (midfield/forward premium is the only time I see this rule as one that should be followed). If Houlihan fits your structure and balances your team better in the forwards, thats where you should put him, if its the backs, put him there.

I agree with Brent and Tippaz on some points.

I see that there are atleast 20 forwards who will average more than Houlihan the same as I see 20 or more backs that will average more than Houlihan.

I do agree a 80+avg in backs may constitute a 7th keeper (I expect 80-85 to constitute a keeper this year) where as an 80+ avg in forwards might not (I expect 85 to 90+ in the forwardline). But this depends on alot so go with your gut.

However as a rule I see any premium thats dual listed as a mid/fwd or mid/back should never be selected in the midfield. This is due to the plethora of strong midfield options available compared to the scarcer options down back and up forward.

opinions needed on my dreamteam
averages around 1200 point last year so need as much help as possible

my 1st draft:
b - Hodge, Goddard, C. Cornes, Lockyer, Houlihan, Raines, S. Hill [Rance, Suban]
c - G. Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Gibbs, Judd, D. Rich [T. Swift, Robinson]
r - Wood, McIntosh, [Vickery, Bailey]
f - Richardson, Higgins, Deledio, Skipworth, N.G Brown, Hentschel, Yarran, [Ziebell, Sidebottom]

Please opinions needed

my 1st draft:
b - Hodge, Goddard, C. Cornes, Lockyer, Houlihan, Raines, S. Hill [Rance, Suban]
f - Richardson, Higgins, Deledio, Skipworth, N.G Brown, Hentschel, Yarran, [Ziebell, Sidebottom]

Please opinions needed

Okay, so an average of 1200 is pretty awful, this year you should be aiming at averaging around 1800's as second year is also tough but should show significant improvement.

Your Backs are quite good, however I wouldnt pick Hodge just yet as he hasn't had much of a pre-season, upgrade to him later on, i would go with maybe Sam Fisher or Mackie or maybe even Wheatley instead. Aside from this your backs are probably the best of all of your positions.

You have spent heavily on your midfield, I agree with Ablett as you need a captain from the get go but do you need the other four premiums, its good to save money on your midfield and use it elsewhere, also i don't like Mitchell as his handball heavy and in my opinion slightly overpriced so he'd be the one to downgrade, maybe look at Paul Haselby or Winderlich as a roughie. Your overspending on the midfield leads me to your most important fault... Your Rucks

Wood is still fighting for his position in the side with Bryan performing so well, so don't pick him, and Mcintosh looks very sluggish, if your not getting Cox then at least get Hille.

Forward line is good but notably Richmond heavy, trade one of them in for Stevie J or Gian...

ALright My Team

Backs: Fisher Goddard Enright Cornes Drummond Raines Grimes (Hill Suban)

Mids: Ablett Judd S.Tuck Haselby Rich Dangerfield (Beams Robinson)

Rucks : Hille Maric (Graham Currie)

Forwards : Deledio Didak Giansiracusa S.Johnson J.Riewoldt Ziebell (Gumbleton Grant)

Criticism is openly accepted as is advice!

Please opinions needed

Don't waste your trades, they're like gold. Pick players that you view will play 22 games next year and are likely to improve their points per game.

That is the best advice you can get.

EDIT: Accept anyone's advice with a grain of salt, for all you know they may have as much idea as yourself. Do your own research and come up with your own theories.

READ THIS thread as well.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538573

my 1st draft:

Please opinions needed

Rucks are shithouse to the max.
If i were you:
Drop Gazza for a Otten/Polkinghorne
Wood to Cox
Then upgrade a Hentchsel/Yarran
;)
If any more change upgrade Houlihan or Raines.
All IMO though

Alright My Team

Forwards : Deledio Didak Giansiracusa S.Johnson J.Riewoldt Ziebell Skipworth(Gumbleton Grant)

Grab yourself a 7th forward :thumbsu:

EDIT: Now that that's sorted...

Backs are good, but perhaps a bit top heavy.

I don't like starting Dangerfield, because Neil Craig has had a good whinge about his apparent lack of fitness. I'd reccomend downgrading one of your top 3 backs to another 300K back or, if you're feeling particularly saucy, a cash cow. Use that to upgrade Dangerfield.

Mids are OK apart from that.

Rucks are interesting, not sold on Maric just yet.

Forwards look pretty good, Reiwoldt's a fairly unique pick, but I don't know how well he'll score. As well as that, Ziebell could be affected by The Curse of the Junkyard Dog, so watch out for that.

Overall, though, not bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucks are shithouse to the max.
If i were you:
Drop Gazza for a Otten/Polkinghorne
Wood to Cox
Then upgrade a Hentchsel/Yarran
;)
If any more change upgrade Houlihan or Raines.
All IMO though

I shouldn't laugh...but I do :D

I could say something like 'This seems like a sideways trade because you're getting the same thing' but that'd be childish.

On Bigfooty i have barely seen a unique team. I cant believe some players don't even show up in big footy teams. Heres a list of who i barely see:

Cooney
Boyd
Vince
A.Simpson
Kirk
Wirrapanda

There right of the top of my head:D

On Bigfooty i have barely seen a unique team. I cant believe some players don't even show up in big footy teams. Heres a list of who i barely see:

Cooney
Boyd
Vince
A.Simpson
Kirk
Wirrapanda

add to that matty stokes. i think hes gana have a super year and average 95.

my team for today:

Backs - Goddard, Cornes, Adcock, houlihan, raines, Grimes, Hill (rance, Suban)
Mids - Corey, Swan, Gibbs, Masten, haselby, Rich (Anthony, Robinson)
Rucks - Cox, Hille/Petrie (White, Currie)
Forwards - Didak, Deledio, Goodwin, Sylvia, Skipworth, Yarran, Ziebell (Sidebottom, Ballantyne).

Im looking for the gun/rookie set up, although there are a few mid price players in there as they look like good value. There is a bit of cash left over for early trades.

Not 100% happy with rance or ballantyne as back ups, and beams/polkinghorn and gumbleton are in the mix for their respective positions.

thoughts?

Players I'm worried about:

Ottens.
God damn these 2nd rucks are annoying. I don't have the cash for Hille, and I'm not really keen on any of the rucks at their price range. I think Ottens is the best value for money, and if he goes down I'm screwed. I'm seriously considering Maric.

S Fisher. I don't know why, but I have Goddard also. What if the saints are terrible? If he has a role change? I'm paying top dollar for this guy!

Lucas. I'm going with him no matter what, cause he's damn cheap for such a gun. But god he is putting in some stinkers! Not keen on 20s when the season begins!

I also need to pick 2 out of Reilly/Hasleby/T Tuck. So far, Tuck misses out.

Please console me on my choices. Thanks.

Forwards : Deledio Didak Giansiracusa S.Johnson J.Riewoldt Ziebell (Gumbleton Grant)

Backline - It looks like it has a nice mix, you're obviously one of the many people willing to accept Drummonds upside in compensation for his injury risk. Having Hill on the bench, should help reduce the risk of a zero.

Midfield - Many people say that Judd does not have enough upside, which you might want to make that call for yourself. Dangerfield has been getting some bad reports from Neil Craig, that is normally not good news. Craig rates work ethic rather high and I would not be shocked to hear Dangerfield in the 2's for a long time.

Rucks - They both have some potential to improve. Hille may have some slight injury concerns, but he has some good upside potential.

Forwards - I think you've picked the best kind of forwards (In my eyes) the forwards which are midfielders and should have a lower SD.

Any feedback would be much appreciated in regards to injuries and such as I have been out of the country for a while and I am struggling to catch up with everything.

Backs: Carazzo, S. Fisher, C.Cornes, N. Bock, A. Everitt, P Ryder, S. Hill, J Petrenko, A Rance.

Mid: G Ablett, K Cornes, J Selwood, B Reilly, H Skipworth, D Rich, A Otten, J Zeibell

Rucks: D Cox, T Simmonds, M Leuenburger, J Sellar

Forwards: M Richardson, J Roughead, A McPhee, P Veszpremi, N Krakour, T Hentschel, S Sidebottom, H Ballantyne, T walker.

Feel my forwards are pretty inexperienced so may need to tweek that a bit, have a bit of cash remaining but mainly relying on a few cash cows.

cheers lads

Cooney
Boyd
Vince
A.Simpson
Kirk
Wirrapanda

Well adam10, put them in your team and be Mr Unique!
or maybe there is a reason why even you're not going to put them in your team??????

Hey fellow Dream Team fanatics. I'd like to create a new thread for this information but I don't have the street cred yet....

You will be able to bet on your Dream Team in 2009 with Sportingbet Australia!

A few days before Round One kicks off Sportingbet are releasing a new website solely devoted to fantasy betting. It will just start off with AFL with punters picking 18 players using the same prices and scoring system as AFL.com.au Dream team. The salary cap will be adjusted proportionately. Punters will select their 18 players and then select what scoring range they will score between. ie. Between 1800-1900 points might return a dividend of $6 or something close to that.

Sportingbet will also be doing head to head matchups (ie Judd may be $1.80 head to head with Cousins $2.00 in the first match). There will be group betting that sees the top four players from each team compete against each other (Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Selwood, Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin, Sewell in one group). Also, there will be round betting that let's you pick the top player from each position. ie. Chad Cornes will be $9 or something to score the highest amount of points out of the best 20 backmen. Pavlich will be $6 competing against the other 19 best forwards.

Spread the word, do your research and get your punting shoes on. Sportingbet.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back