DT Talk 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw, I actually talked Corey up to begin with but elected to go for Chapman myself. Again, I could find the post and prove that theory wrong but another theory would pop up.

Lucky the stupid got beaten out of you, we just left Ausyid to his own devices... Sometimes in life you have to make a mistake to learn a lesson.....

tbh, I actually strongly believe that when FFC first formed that it was run with an iron fist. I don't care what gets overlooked here, where there is smoke there is surely some fire. I believe that this may be changing slowly, but take it from me, I think for the long term benefit of your private board, allow freedom of thought and allow people to make their own stupid mistakes.....

The old teach a man to fish concept....

At worst, you can laugh about it for years to come... Ausyid will NEVER forget his Corey trade and people will always have the ability to take the piss out of him.....

Lucky the stupid got beaten out of you, we just left Ausyid to his own devices... Sometimes in life you have to make a mistake to learn a lesson.....

The old teach a man to fish concept....

At worst, you can laugh about it for years to come... Ausyid will NEVER forget his Corey trade and people will always have the ability to take the piss out of him.....

That's some fairly loser talk coming from someone who considers himself in the elite company of dream teamers. I'd rather not make mistakes.

DWD....I believe you were a member of FFC at the time, do you have any recollection that the following was posted? remember you are under oatch:

"If you don't choose Ladson, you will be kicked out of FFC?"

I cannot remember that quote to be honest. Im under oath afterall.

Having said that, i was banned a good 6 weeks before the season began, so im not to sure if it was said in that period after that.

Also i will swear under any oath, under my mums, dads, sisters life that i was told i would get banned had i not picked Franklin and or Pavlich. Which is what ended up happening, because i myself like to contradict myself - but actually im looking at both sides of the coin to see what is the best option. So when people on here say im contradicting myself, im simply looking at both sides to make a clearer and right decision.

This question seems to be the sticking point at the moment. If somebody can answer whether this was posted in FFC with a simple Yes or No we should all be able to move on and get back to our DT study.

Cheers

Lemmings will not post unless 10 stage check has been performed.. thats the way i read it.

It wasnt even a bad trade, well it was on face value. But i remember him or Baxter putting up graphs to show why he was such a good pick at the time.

Ausyid is probably lucky it wasnt in 08 or 09 when he was a top 20 or so DTer, lucky it happened in a shitty year for him.

Anyway from memory Aus has always been a J.Corey lover and maybe showed some bias towards him :p. Im sure he wont be picking him this year ;).

Can you please confirm or deny that the following statement wasn't posted on your site:

"If you don't choose Ladson, you will be kicked out of FFC?"

Don't lie now.

Don't remember seeing such a post.

Anyway

select * from post where pagetext like '%you will be kicked out of FFC%'; ..

No data returned

The closest thing i could find to what you said was

Gary Ablett's a spud, anyone who picked him should be kicked out of FFC for being a dumbass. Bye guys :lol: Edit: Dylan is the best! :lol:

That's some fairly loser talk coming from someone who considers himself in the elite company of dream teamers. I'd rather not make mistakes.

I think you should re-read his post.

And as for not making mistakes, apart from that comment being completely pathetic, I guess I have to accept that consensus and guidance from an entire forum can help you avoid mistakes. Noted, but not admired.

The enjoyment of DT is picking players you like and enjoy watching too, don't forget that. Ausyid likes Corey, get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tbh, I actually strongly believe that when FFC first formed that it was run with an iron fist. I don't care what gets overlooked here, where there is smoke there is surely some fire. I believe that this may be changing slowly, but take it from me, I think for the long term benefit of your private board, allow freedom of thought and allow people to make their own stupid mistakes.....
Where was this man with the Iron fist when I traded in Seaby? I made plenty of mistakes last year, I had Medhurst, I traded out Waters after he scored 100 (150 the next week) etc. If I wanted Corey, I would have gone for him but I chose Chapman in the midfield for DP benefits. We all control our own teams but whether you want to believe that or not is totally up to you.

Where was this man with the Iron fist when I traded in Seaby? I made plenty of mistakes last year, I had Medhurst, I traded out Waters after he scored 100 (150 the next week) etc. If I wanted Corey, I would have gone for him but I chose Chapman in the midfield for DP benefits. We all control our own teams but whether you want to believe that or not is totally up to you.

He probably told you to

Edit: BTW where has the great god given talented man gone. I hope hes alright. He told me he use to only live for DT, now he aint playing it? not talking about it. I hope the blood is alright. My feelings go to you Stubs if your reading this keep safe. :rolleyes:

Good to see you guys have told Terminators not to post on bigfooty anymore.

I guess all I can add to this discussion is my own account.

I was private messaged on here about last January saying that they had noticed some sort of quality in my posting here (don't ask me where :confused: ) and asking if I'd be interested in joining FFC. I accepted and found a forum with quality DT and SC discussion amongst a generally good bunch of blokes. I'll admit that there where childish disagreements between certain posters such as DWD and Stubz which resulted in the former being booted by the latter and I'd assume bitter feelings still hang around (would say that's pretty evident actually). The latter has since parted ways with the group. As far as I know any other departed where so on the basis of insufficient amount of posting and the concern of people just leeching (an act which you'd think if the goal was for everybody to have the same team would actually be smiled upon).

Now as far as I'm go, I'm a 27 year old married man with a kid. If some snotty nosed little punk like the ones being portrayed in this thread tried to tell me that I had to pick player x in my Dream Team, (which I play for the fun and love of) or I couldn't be in their little group, my first response would be to tell them where they could stick their forum and find my own way out the door.

A LOT of crappy discussion going on in here by people who either hold bitter feelings or generally just don't have an idea and never seen the forum. I tend to not pass judgment on EDT or NP because I've never been around either and don't know the first thing about their individuals or how their forums operate.

Send Notorious a PM. He doesn't make mistakes and he'll help you.

I was private messaged on here about last January saying that they had noticed some sort of quality in my posting here (don't ask me where :confused: ) and asking if I'd be interested in joining FFC. I accepted and found a forum with quality DT and SC discussion amongst a generally good bunch of blokes. I'll admit that there where childish disagreements between certain posters such as DWD and Stubz which resulted in the former being booted by the latter and I'd assume bitter feelings still hang around (would say that's pretty evident actually). The latter has since parted ways with the group. As far as I know any other departed where so on the basis of insufficient amount of posting and the concern of people just leeching (an act which you'd think if the goal was for everybody to have the same team would actually be smiled upon).

Now as far as I'm go, I'm a 27 year old married man with a kid. If some snotty nosed little punk like the ones being portrayed in this thread tried to tell me that I had to pick player x in my Dream Team, (which I play for the fun and love of) or I couldn't be in their little group, my first response would be to tell them where they could stick their forum and find my own way out the door.

A LOT of crappy discussion going on in here by people who either hold bitter feelings or generally just don't have an idea and never seen the forum. I tend to not pass judgment on EDT or NP because I've never been around either and don't know the first thing about their individuals or how their forums operate.

I actually think the discussion has been very good and eventful to say the least. An enjoyable read. If you dont like it dont come on here and read it. Get it. Good.

Back off to FFC, where all teams are the same.

Well as ive already said ill swear on my life thats what happened to me and i told Stubz exactly what you said "stick it" and even a bit more than that :D and i got banned. So your either talking utter bull sh1t like the rest of your mob or are to ignorant to see that for yourself. Im thinking the former :thumbsu:.

Dont like whats being said go grab a tissue from master and soak it up, dont read this thread.

If some snotty nosed little punk

Many of them there at FFC ?

I look forward to the year you make a "loser" selection due to injury. Seriously mate, if Corey did not go down injured, we could have been saying what a great selection Ausyid made.

Just like my selection of Waters, if he goes down injured, everyone who did not select him is saying how stupid you are for selecting an injury prone guy... Instead everyone who selected him last year is sounding like an "elite dream teamer"

I hope the head of your decision making team don't stuff it up for your leagues.

I actually think the discussion has been very good and eventful to say the least. An enjoyable read. If you dont like it dont come on here and read it. Get it. Good.

Well as ive already said ill swear on my life thats what happened to me and i told Stubz exactly what you said "stick it" and even a bit more than that :D and i got banned. So your either talking utter bull sh1t like the rest of your mob or are to ignorant to see that for yourself. Im thinking the former :thumbsu:.

Dont like whats being said go grab a tissue from master and soak it up, dont read this thread.
Ease up DWD. That is the first sensible post I've read and at least shows me that Bert is his own man.

Nice. Post may have actually had a bit of sting to it.... Had it not come from one of the clear top 5 worst posters on any forum. Your credibility and character has been questionable long before the idea of FFC had even been coined. Up there with Celtic Pride and Black Flag you are DWD.

Maybe try coming at me with one of your aliases champ ;) That way I may not know it is you (although you are very recognisable) and actually take your rubbish on board.

The enjoyment of DT is picking players you like and enjoy watching too, don't forget that. Ausyid likes Corey, get over it.

Not anymore I don't* :p

Why does that trade get constantly brought up? Yes if I had traded in Boyd over Corey I would have finished top 100, but what makes me so interesting that people always feel the need to use me as an example on this forum. Just leave me alone** :eek:

*Actually I do but you won't find him near my DT ever again.

**I'm kidding, clearly I crave the attention

Lucky for us it's about the group performance rather then the individual.;)

Since we are having so much fun I thought I would add this.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc

Not anymore I don't* :p

Why does that trade get constantly brought up? Yes if I had traded in Boyd over Corey I would have finished top 100, but what makes me so interesting that people always feel the need to use me as an example on this forum. Just leave me alone** :eek:

*Actually I do but you won't find him near my DT ever again.

**I'm kidding, clearly I crave the attention

Ha ha :thumbsu:

I also think it was an interesting trade, but the thing is it backfired so spectacularly because he was a late wdl wasn't he?

I am actually not sure what notorious was getting at with his not making mistakes comment, but everyone makes mistakes in any year, it just happens. Minimising the damage is important, and you still had a bloody good year.

I think the reason it gets brought up is because of that bloody famous dream team coaches thread. Maybe we can do something similar this year with fresh blood and someone will do something worse and you'll be off the radar!

Actually that thread wasn't too bad in the end despite the odd bait thrown at a coach or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back