DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarred Kayler-Thomson!!!!
Why did I trade you?!
Because you and Howlett (picked from the start) weren't doing much and Boyd waqs to miss, thus giving me a donut.
So what did I do? I traded JKT 101 for Cunnington 48.
That will hopefully be my (the) worst move of the year.

Now what to do with fricken Jack Grimes?

Guys I need help in what to do with him. He’s gonna drop cash soon. Thought he was a keeper (is he?).
I’ve got 16 trades left and only $13,000 cash.
I’ve also got Goddard,Duffield, Hodge, Enright, Waters, Maguire, Silvagni and SUCKLING.

Could do a double trade of Grimes & Suckling out for Davis & White (or Hams) to gain ~ $350k for upgrades from next week.
Or what else could be done?

Thoughts appreciated

I assume you picked Grimes as a keeper so I would keep him. He has had some ok scores and one bad game, so unless he is your worst player which I doubt, I wouldn't waste a trade.

My foward line is Brown, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Gia, Grundy, Ziebell, Pods (Rockliff/Gumby).

I have 230k odd in the bank, do people think its worthwhile trading Ziebell to Didak (fallen premium) or spending the extra 100k odd and trading Ziebell to Chapman (premium gun but at the top of his price).

Also my backline is Goddard, Enright, Harbrow, Hodge, H.Shaw, Waters, Maguire (Ladson, Nason).

Do people think it is worth downgrading Ladson to Phil Davis this week in terms of using him as a DP in the future and possibly allowing me to switch Grundy to my backline in the future. Note I have used 3 trades so far.

Are people getting rid of J Brown now that he is 'injured', with a score of 38 he is going to tumble in value for a few weeks. Is he worth the risk??

Are people getting rid of J Brown now that he is 'injured', with a score of 38 he is going to tumble in value for a few weeks. Is he worth the risk??

Not this week. If he has another stinker, the club may need to bite the bullet, and give him a rest.

Now that Boyd is back for the dogs, will Moles get dropped again? He came in as a late replacement for Hargrave, and did really well DT wise. Unfortunately I don't think Rocket picks his side based on DT.

My, how things change after 2 weeks of footy.

Every man and his dog wanted him after round 2, now people are considering trading him out.

It's cringe worthy. I didn't start with him and certainly have not traded him in. Year after year you can almost guarantee getting Brown for less than 350k at some point.

Im definately not unless be becomes a long term injury. Heard voss speaking on sunrise this morning and still denies has brown has an injury. Says he just had a bad game. Whether this is true or not is a different story however i wont be trading him until i get confirmation of an injury or a long term one at that. Even if he scores 50 every week from here on in i wont be trading him unless he gets injured.

I assume you picked Grimes as a keeper so I would keep him. He has had some ok scores and one bad game, so unless he is your worst player which I doubt, I wouldn't waste a trade.

He was picked as a keeper but it looks like I didn't do my homework on him well. He is my sixth ranked defender with Maguire about to average better than him.

For him to not break 100+ yet, and for him to only score 58 in their big win over the Lions, and with a BE of 124 it looks like he might be a fowl and this week is the time to trade him with Davis/White/Hams lurking.

My main problem is I cash from somewhere and can't see it coming from anywhere but one of my falling premiums or an LTI.

With Dangerfield out for 4 weeks, are people going to trade him out now for Davis, and hold onto Hunt? Or risk playing Gumbleton, and hope he doesn't break down in the next 4 weeks? I am thinking of keeping Hunt as cover in the backs, and downgrading Danger.

trading hunt to hams and clark to BIG COX!!!!!!!!!!

good decision, Cox has been playing well and will only get better i rekon

I just want to know peoples opinions on my trades for the next couple of weeks
Got $266,900 in the bank

Trading Nason > Hams which gives me $390,000 in the bank

Bastinac > Swan which loses me $250,000
(Or would there be more sense in going for Lenny Hayes which is $80,000 cheaper)

then next week trading Martin > Cunnington which will give me around $240,000 in the bankk
and Ziebell > Didak

Also Ryan Hargrave is due to come back in the next couple of weeks, and with a break even of 157 i want to get on him after he has played a game, so i hope he plays next week because my next 2 weeks are sorted
and then after that i can jump on with
Kennelly in virtually a straight swap or perhaps even a downgrade to Hargrave as he is only going to drop further after playing

Just keen on peoples thoughts

With Dangerfield out for 4 weeks, are people going to trade him out now for Davis, and hold onto Hunt? Or risk playing Gumbleton, and hope he doesn't break down in the next 4 weeks? I am thinking of keeping Hunt as cover in the backs, and downgrading Danger.

im not convinced on davis, sure hes played real well, but hes going to struggle to hold his spot.. i certainly wouldnt consider him for a forward downgrade as the backs are so thin he would be most useful as a back downgrade.
i was already trading danger out this week for sylvia, so this current injury doesnt concern me.
for those worried that sylvias 2 big scores have come in 2 big wins, ive done some quick research into his high scoring games last year and compared them with the match result. (yes i realise melbourne only won 4 games last year but i still feel this will be of use)

Round 4 - 96 (8 point win vs Richmond)
Round 6 - 95 (43 point loss vs Geelong)
Round 8 - 105 (7 point loss vs Bulldogs)
Round 9 - 159 (22 point loss vs Hawthorn)
Round 10 - 94 (37 point loss vs St Kilda)
Round 11 -132 (66 point loss vs Collingwood)
Round 12 - 91 (48 point loss vs Essendon)
Round 13 - 106 (55 point loss vs Brisbane)
Round 21 - 120 (57 point loss vs Carlton)
Round 22 - 128 (47 point loss vs St Kilda)

averaged 86.6 in their Wins
averaged 97.1 in their Losses
averaged 95.3 for the season
only averaged 73.3 in his first 6 Matches
the remainder of the year he averaged 107.2
if you include his 2 games this year, his last 13 games have yielded an average of 109
:thumbsu:

I also want to trade out Clark for Cox but considering Clark has increased his score practically every game he has made my decision difficult.

I figure holding off one more week won't hurt me that much as Clark may drop about $15k and Cox may increase slighty. Gives me one more week to see what Clark does and Cox is playing his a team he posts his lowest score against - Freo and Sandi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not convinced on davis, sure hes played real well, but hes going to struggle to hold his spot.. i certainly wouldnt consider him for a forward downgrade as the backs are so thin he would be most useful as a back downgrade.
i was already trading danger out this week for sylvia, so this current injury doesnt concern me.
Mate as I said yesterday, Davis' JS is the last thing you should be worrying about. Our players are dropping like flies atm, giving Davis a solid run in the team. Was our first round draft pick a couple of years back, so is highly rated at Adelaide. Losing another 3 players to injury this week as well. Davis could quite easily play out the year in our current state, a solid bench option.

Mate as I said yesterday, Davis' JS is the last thing you should be worrying about. Our players are dropping like flies atm, giving Davis a solid run in the team. Was our first round draft pick a couple of years back, so is highly rated at Adelaide. Losing another 3 players to injury this week as well. Davis could quite easily play out the year in our current state, a solid bench option.

im definetaly considering him, even though it does sound like im not.
he could well be the last decent downgrade option for the backs for a long time.
the other thing im considering is just keeping mcguire/nason on my bench for the entire year or until another solid rookie comes through, and simply upgrade kennelly/ladson to guns, with the cash i already have/make off other downgrades in other positions.

I was considering Simon White as a downgrade instead of Davis to save a little cash but the more I think about it, Davis is the better option.

White will be an OK option but it sounds as though Davis could easily play the majority of the season and that would be great for me as a 9th defender.

Might hold off for 1 more week on trading Mayne out. Looking at Didak, Goodes, Sylvia as options, just unsure which to go to. Will probably save the trade for 1 more week to see what happens but I am bound to change my mind plenty of times before lockout.

How about this, Hunt -> Davis and Ball to Gablett?

Ball not my biggest worry but this will be the only week I can see being able to get Gary in and I really, really, really want GAJ, massive GAJ envy at the moment. Only problem is my midfield cows in Banner and Shuey are doing sweet FA at the moment and neither look like coming back in for at least 2 weeks which could give me big problems down the track with funds for upgrading. So might need to fix them first.

Thoughts?

Want to downgrade Danger to a potential cash cow. Cant really think of anyone besides Pods. Can anyone think of someone else?

Matt Dea is an option however not a very reliable one.

What is everyone doing with Robbie Gray? Keeping him or trading him before his price drops. Good arguments for both options keeping in mind he has just played St Kilda and Geelong.

just one question. sylvia or goodes?

i think both will average very similar..sylvia has greater scoring potential and could easily average 105+ for the year.
you know what your getting with goodes and he should always get you 80 minimum and average 100ish.
i think sylvia will score more 100s

Does Sylvia get any time in the midfield???
i know that didak does, so im wondering if Sylvia will hold his average??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back