DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on a few things, but im likely to do this.

Hall > Mcneil (If Hitchcock play i will definitly get Mcneil).
Trengove > Goddard

Will also consider Hughes aswell.

Third time I've posed this question here but I'll still can't decide.

Option 1:
Trade Dangerfield for Jono Brown and play Maguire

or

Option 2:
Trade Maguire to Broughton and play Dangerfield

what do you think of these trades???

nason > webberly
trengove > kane cornes???

Trengove still has a bit of value in him, but Cornes looks like going up ~10K this week, so yeah, can't fault it.

Third time I've posed this question here but I'll still can't decide.

Option 1:
Trade Dangerfield for Jono Brown and play Maguire

or

Option 2:
Trade Maguire to Broughton and play Dangerfield

You won't lose anything by waiting a week on either of those. Maguire still has a fair bit in him and none of those other players look like moving much in value. The week will also give Brown a chance to show some form.

Nason and Duncan were going to be used by me for my next two upgrades. It was supposed to be; Nason -> Webberley this week, and Duncan -> forward rookie in a week or two. However, I'll be copping a 0 in the forwards this week and was wondering if it'd be worth trading Duncan this week instead of Nason.

Duncan still has a lot of money left in him, even one more game will see him go up almost 30K, but he seems to be getting pushed further back in the pecking order. Worth jumping the gun and trading him this week?

Any thoughts on this:

This week:

Hall -> Didak
Nason -> Webberley

Which will in turn lead to next week:

Trengove -> Selwood/Hayes
+ about 140k still in the bank.

I must admit I don't remember too much of the Richmond game, but I remember hearing webberley's name crop up a fair bit, and he seems to prefer to use it by kick rather than the hands, which is always good...

Which of the following is the best forward downgrade target?

1. Grant 149k av 73.3 after 3 games
2. Polak 149k av 73 after 1 game
3. Rohan 137k av 40 after 1 game
4. Fyfe 133k av 63 after 3 games

I really can't decide so what does everyone think of those 4's chances at staying in their team's 22 and scoring well?

Expect Grant to play a lot of games this year, possibly all year. His JS gets even better when Hall is rested in the coming weeks. Fyfe is also very good.

Expect Grant to play a lot of games this year, possibly all year. His JS gets even better when Hall is rested in the coming weeks. Fyfe is also very good.

Why would Hall need a rest. The split round where you get 2 weeks recovery is only 3 weeks away. The only rest Hall will get is through suspension.

I agree that Grant has good JS it seems. Who takes his spot.

I keep struggling with the Stevie J vs Chappy trade.

Barry Hall has to go and I think Chappy is just getting sore as SJ is getting back into form.

I just can't handle the Chappy out! stuff I'm going to have to put up with every week.

Geelong not selecting Duncan is annoying and I would like him to go up more in value. He isn't totally ripe yet but the word is he can't get selected with Hogan, Varcoe and Stokes and Byrnes all getting games.

Three quick ones:

1) I am thinking of trading out Brennan for Leon Davis. Am I crazy? Is he a keeper? He's very cheap and scored a bit better last week.

2) Who should I be trading out this week, Jordie McKenzie or Trengove?

3) Or if I want to trade from my backline, get Nason or Maguire out?

Why would Hall need a rest. The split round where you get 2 weeks recovery is only 3 weeks away. The only rest Hall will get is through suspension.

I agree that Grant has good JS it seems. Who takes his spot.[/quote]

Suspension is hardly likely.. Playing a player sore just to make it to the split round is asking for injuries. Given the managment of injured players at the club, I expect Hall to be rested next week.

Grant would only be as risk of being replaced by Eagleton, Johnson, Picken, Ward.

Grant, Addison and Stack are the only fringe players playing atm[/quote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry Hall has said he's going to have a rest in the next few weeks.
Sauce: http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/rest-on-halls-radar-91109

I want to trade out Ladson this week, but I can't decide between H. Shaw, Malceski or Broughton.
Any suggestions?

Am I crazy for also considering Chad Cornes?
He's looked much more comfortable the last few weeks back in defense and has been racking it up. Could use the extra 60k or so that I'd save from picking Shaw. :confused:

I think Kornes will score more than Cassissi. He is definitely getting a lot of the ball and someone mentioned on here earlier he definitely never gets tags.

Has Webberly's job security been discussed. Is he likely to stay in the team, Can't think who else they have but don't wanna jump the gun seeing he's only played 1 but need the downgrade this week.

kornes, more consistant. Plus if you look at cassisi's stats, most of his points come from tackles and the last few weeks he has had an astronomical amount of them. Not sure if he can keep his tackle count up for the whole season so leaves me thinking kornes is the safer option.
However if you think cassisi can continue as a tackling machine and score more than kornes, could be a good little uniquie pick, not that uniqueness matters but just for the sake of argument

Yeah it looks like Stevie J is my best option.

Looks to be over his problems from last year. Hopefully he can kick a few goals at the Gabba with Pods out of the way.

Can just make the trade Hall > SJ with the cash I have in the bank.

Can't agree more about the Daisy mystery. Must be running free down the wing, opposition coaches need to figure out why. Must be to do with the blocking.

Yeah it looks like Stevie J is my best option.

Looks to be over his problems from last year. Hopefully he can kick a few goals at the Gabba with Pods out of the way.

Can just make the trade Hall > SJ with the cash I have in the bank.

Can't agree more about the Daisy mystery. Must be running free down the wing, opposition coaches need to figure out why. Must be to do with the blocking.

Its a good sign him pulling a good score against a good side! I wasnt convinced after the richmond game but a good score against sydney means he could be finding form. Geelong play brizzy this week and collingwood next week. After that their next 5 weeks are reasonably easy so should be a chance to pull some good scores.

Just needed to get the confidence back I think for Stevie J. He's a very good shot on goal so shouldn't cost me too many points in missed oppotunites.

I've been trying to figure out why Chappy getting massive scores. I think it could be that he's taken Corey's spot in the midfield. If that's the case he could get a little quieter when Joel gets over his sore knee and takes the spot back.

Barry Hall has said he's going to have a rest in the next few weeks.
Sauce: http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/rest-on-halls-radar-91109

I want to trade out Ladson this week, but I can't decide between H. Shaw, Malceski or Broughton.
Any suggestions?

For me I would go Broughton, he is a solid consistent scorer.

I have Shaw and have been frustrated with him all year. Not sure on Malceski. If you had him from the start you are laughing but I would be less inclined to bring him in later in the season.

hey all...have aimed to offer a fair bit of help and advice around here and now im keen on yours.

Pretty much my team has hit a massive speedbump with Anthony and Brennan gone.

My team is as followed

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Broughton, Hodge, Duffield, Waters, Silvagni, Nason, Hams

Mids: Swan, Bartel, Anthony, Barlow, Trengove, Martin, Shuey, JKT

Rucks: Sandi, Hille, Warnock

Forwards: ROK, Brown, Brennan, Sylvia, Hall, Ballantyne, Pods, Rockliff

So the players in Red are the players which need to go They are all either reaching BE's which they can not maintain or they are not performing. (injured)

My thoughts for trades this week are.

Anthony to one of Hayes/Judd

Brennan to one of Pav/Didak/SJ

I was originally going to trade out Hall this week but I am off the belief that he is a chance of having a large game against the Swans this week. Next week I will looking to downgrade him to Hughes.

I have 13 trades remaining and $200k in the bank.

any suggestions on future moves?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back