DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all...have aimed to offer a fair bit of help and advice around here and now im keen on yours.

Pretty much my team has hit a massive speedbump with Anthony and Brennan gone.

My team is as followed

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Broughton, Hodge, Duffield, Waters, Silvagni, Nason, Hams

Mids: Swan, Bartel, Anthony, Barlow, Trengove, Martin, Shuey, JKT

Rucks: Sandi, Hille, Warnock

Forwards: ROK, Brown, Brennan, Sylvia, Hall, Ballantyne, Pods, Rockliff

So the players in Red are the players which need to go They are all either reaching BE's which they can not maintain or they are not performing. (injured)

My thoughts for trades this week are.

Anthony to one of Hayes/Judd

Brennan to one of Pav/Didak/SJ

I was originally going to trade out Hall this week but I am off the belief that he is a chance of having a large game against the Swans this week. Next week I will looking to downgrade him to Hughes.

I have 13 trades remaining and $200k in the bank.

any suggestions on future moves?

cheers

Well my plans this week is downgrade Nasonor Hunt to Webberly

Upgrade Martin to Whoever.

Seems you are in a similar boat.

I'd downgrade Nason and upgrade Martin this week

Does anyone have suggestions on whether to downgrade nason or Hunt. Farmer is my 9th mid but plan to switch him to mids for Hodge.

So basically who is the better 8th back up mid for the season, Hunt or Nason

hey all...have aimed to offer a fair bit of help and advice around here and now im keen on yours.

My team is as followed

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Broughton, Hodge, Duffield, Waters, Silvagni, Nason, Hams

So the players in Red are the players which need to go They are all either reaching BE's which they can not maintain or they are not performing. (injured)

I was originally going to trade out Hall this week but I am off the belief that he is a chance of having a large game against the Swans this week. Next week I will looking to downgrade him to Hughes.

cheers

Well my plans this week is downgrade Nasonor Hunt to Webberly

Upgrade Martin to Whoever.

Seems you are in a similar boat.

I'd downgrade Nason and upgrade Martin this week

Does anyone have suggestions on whether to downgrade nason or Hunt. Farmer is my 9th mid but plan to switch him to mids for Hodge.

So basically who is the better 8th back up mid for the season, Hunt or Nason

I mean back up Back Nason or Hunt

My team is as followed

cheers

Anthonys gone for the season so he becomes a must trade. Its good you have a fair bit of cash in the kitty. You backline is set. If you get luckey and have a spare trade at the end then ud upgrade waters but at this stage he is looking like a solid 7th back.

Anthony is the first issue to address. With the cash you have you can basically trade him to anyone. You have swan and bartel which make a great foundation so probably no great need to chase ablett (even tho he would be nice to have). Hayes has a BE of 89 which is very achieveable against the dons. Judd is around 109 which is also achieveable. Cant complain with bringing either of those in. Another one to look at is stanton. He is a little more expensive however hasnt scored below 100 this year and would look great in that id field. Another one to look at is selwood who is turning it around. I dont normally like naming players but just to others to think about incase you havent considered them. That being said you cant go wrong with hayes or judd either.

For your second trade you basically have 2 options. Cant remember whether rockliff is dropped or not but from memory he isnt. You could run him this week and save a trade and upgrade brennane next week. PERSONALLY i dont rate brennan. Even if he does return in 3 weeks rather than 8 i rekon his a spud. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it. I love the idea of brenan to pav. Pav is durable, in one of the best performing teams in the comp and is an absolute gun. Didak and stevie J are also great options and are underpriced if you wanna save some cash. Stevie J has brissy this week and collingwood the week after but after that has a fairly easy 5 weeks. Didak is a gun but durability and consistancy are the issues. If your happy to cop 60 1 week and 150 the next then he isnt bad. I like Pav tho good solid pick. Next week you can either downgrade hall or downgrade nason to shepard and upgrade hall which will leave you with a pritty solid team. One or two more upgrades and ull be looking pritty solid with 5 trades left for injuries:thumbsu:

Hope this helps!

The other one i forgot to mention as an option for hall if you like the look of him is goodes. Has a high BE this week around 137 so should drop to a tempting price.

traded martin for swan

now my team looks like this:

GODDARD, HODGE, GRIMES, CARAZZO, KENNELLY, WATERS, MAGUIRE (SILVAGNI, HAMS)

ABLETT, SWAN, BARTEL, GIBBS, BARLOW, TRENGOVE (SHUEY, BANNER)

COX, KREUZER (WARNOCK, LOBBE)

BROWN, GOODES, GIA, FRANKLIN, GRAY, ZIEBELL, PODSIADLY (GUMBLETON, FYFE)

15 trades left. 9k in the bank (spent it all to get swan)

pretty happy, would love to pick up Didak or Pav in the next couple weeks, and trade Trengove for Montagna too. then leave it rest for a while

thoughts/criticisms?

1 trade, Waters to Carrazzo.

Backline is now Hodge, Goddard, Shaw, Harbrow, Grundy, Enright, Carrazzo (Nason, Maguire). So hopefully that will mean I won't have to do any more upgrades till the later rounds when Harbrow/Grundy might be upgraded to a Scotland/Gilbert.

My team is as followed

cheers

Anthony and Brennan out!!!! What a blow :mad:

Seriously feel for you bro. That's a harsh roll of the dice.

Lucky for you Joel Selwood has bottomed out this week. Super durable and a high scorer.

Brennan > Didak/SJ looks the good trade in the forward line as I think Pav is a little overpriced right now.

That should leave you with some money to play with later to upgrade Martin/Trengove.

Hope this helps. All the best Weninrome!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeah cheers mate, really appreciate your comments :thumbsu: you're a top poster.

Goodes is my next forward upgrade option and has been for a while, it just depends who I want to upgrade to him, at the moment it looks deadset to be Hall.

My main concern is getting the cash to upgrade Trengove, Martin, Nason/sivagni.....

Ultimately I want team such as the following.

Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Duffield, Broughton, Gilbert, Waters

Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Barlow and then 2 of Hayes/Montag/Stanton/Boyd.

Rucks Sandi, Cox

Forwards

ROK, Pav, Brown, Didak, Gia, Sylvia, Pods,

but not 100% confident this will happen :)

Anthony and Brennan out!!!! What a blow :mad:

Seriously feel for you bro. That's a harsh roll of the dice.

Lucky for you Joel Selwood has bottomed out this week. Super durable and a high scorer.

Brennan > Didak/SJ looks the good trade in the forward line as I think Pav is a little overpriced right now.

That should leave you with some money to play with later to upgrade Martin/Trengove.

Hope this helps. All the best Weninrome!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Cheers mate, yeah I am still just a little dubious on Selwood, need one more week to sus him out I think and then I will look at upgrading once of my rookies to him.

traded martin for swan

now my team looks like this:

GODDARD, HODGE, GRIMES, CARAZZO, KENNELLY, WATERS, MAGUIRE (SILVAGNI, HAMS)

ABLETT, SWAN, BARTEL, GIBBS, BARLOW, TRENGOVE (SHUEY, BANNER)

COX, KREUZER (WARNOCK, LOBBE)

BROWN, GOODES, GIA, FRANKLIN, GRAY, ZIEBELL, PODSIADLY (GUMBLETON, FYFE)

15 trades left. 9k in the bank (spent it all to get swan)

pretty happy, would love to pick up Didak or Pav in the next couple weeks, and trade Trengove for Montagna too. then leave it rest for a while

thoughts/criticisms?
How players are you looking to upgrade? Personally, by round 22 I'd imagine that the highlighted players would need to be upgraded.

With no money in the bank, all future upgrades will require a double trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have two concerns this week:

1. Going to trade out waters, but not sure who to bring in. Should I go for a Carrazzo type who is not really undervalued but solid, or undervalued player like cornes or goodwin - they worry me though as they are both a bit old

2. Considering Trengove to Swan, but not sure if I should leave that and maybe try Trengove to Montagna in a few weeks time, probably saving 50k. I only have Bartel as a captain option right now, so getting Swan in would help on that front...

Any suggestions?

How players are you looking to upgrade? Personally, by round 22 I'd imagine that the highlighted players would need to be upgraded.

With no money in the bank, all future upgrades will require a double trade.

This is true but thats a very solid squad!
Besides Ziebel and perhaps Trengove in a few weeks theres no real necessity to upgrade anyone quickley. Could look at nason to webberly to generate $134500 for a future upgrade. Nice team tho:thumbsu:

Just watching The Footy Show and wondering why there is no interest for Nicky Dal? 104 avg last year has to be somewhat appealing?

Or is the old 'he will get tagged' keeping people away?

Just watching The Footy Show and wondering why there is no interest for Nicky Dal? 104 avg last year has to be somewhat appealing?

Or is the old 'he will get tagged' keeping people away?
Look what he scored on Monday. He is going down for atleast the next 2 weeks.

I have decided on Anthony to Stanton

for my final trade, thoughts on.

Trengove to Selwood

vs

Brennan to Didak/SJ/Pav

?

It's more a question of DT strategy.

Stanton is overpriced and Selwood is underpriced.

I would be willing to bet that the Stanton vs Selwood average for rounds 8-22 will be within 5 points.

It's your choice in the end if you feel the extra points from Stanton are worth paying top dollar this round.

It's more a question of DT strategy.

Stanton is overpriced and Selwood is underpriced.

I would be willing to bet that the Stanton vs Selwood average for rounds 8-22 will be within 5 points.

It's your choice in the end if you feel the extra points from Stanton are worth paying top dollar this round.

i think stanton is actually fairly priced at the mmoent. There is no reason why he won't average 120 for the year, his game is so suited for DT.

Time will tell but I'm willing to take the punt

Look what he scored on Monday. He is going down for atleast the next 2 weeks.

Im not just talking about this week, but throughout the first six rounds. I personally think he is in the top 7-8 midfielders DT wise. Can score massively with tackles and has added goalkicking to his bow (10 shots already compared to 21 for the season in 2009).

Such a smooth mover as well and great to watch :D

Im not just talking about this week, but throughout the first six rounds. I personally think he is in the top 7-8 midfielders DT wise. Can score massively with tackles and has added goalkicking to his bow (10 shots already compared to 21 for the season in 2009).

Such a smooth mover as well and great to watch :D

no doubt, but his crap scores means he's going to keep dropping in value over the next week or two. he's definitely a target if he gets going soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back