DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never like suggesting people buy players that have peaked in value and have very little upside.

When you pay $400k to trade a player in you want to be damn sure they are going to average 95-105 and I just don't think Ryder will get those kind of scores over the 2nd half of the season.

Mitch Clark could outscore him quite easily. We know he can. If he's shaken off his injury there's every chance he will.

Clark has a greater chance of breaking down with an injury though. I think the reason why people are trading this week is because they have Warnock and some other non-playing ruck on the bench (ie no cover for Hille). Definitely need durability if you are trading Hille so you minimise the chances of this happening again. I just don't trust Clark or Cox's body to hold up.

But yeh, I can see where you are coming from!

I never like suggesting people buy players that have peaked in value and have very little upside.

When you pay $400k to trade a player in you want to be damn sure they are going to average 95-105 and I just don't think Ryder will get those kind of scores over the 2nd half of the season.

Mitch Clark could outscore him quite easily. We know he can. If he's shaken off his injury there's every chance he will.

Yeah Ryder is probably too expensive considering Cox and Clark's prices although I think he probably will outscore the other rucks from here on out or at least is much safer but if you have the money it is one of the most important spots in your team.
Im leaning towards Cox at the moment. He has NicNat to help him so he is less likely to break down. Wont score as well but still can avg about 90. I need to find the extra 6k though:rolleyes:

Gents,

I'm in a pickle (a good one infact).

My forward line currently is;

Pavlich, Didak, S.Johnson, Goodes, Gia, J.Brown, Franklin, Pods and Playfair.

That's right, Pods is currently my 8th forward!

What do you wise dreamteamers suggest I do? It's all good having him on the bench but his 328k price is just too much on there. Of course I could leave him and have the best forward cover ever.

Thoughts are much appreciated.

I'm in the same boat (not quite as flash one) ROK, S.Johnson, Gia, J.Brown, Franklin, Pods, Betts, Hall and Playfair.

My problem is that I need to cover Hille so I was thinking trading Hall or Betts (effectively spare forward) for Tippett:eek: to provide the Lobbe DP link. I've been happy with this situation as it hasovered Franklin and Pods mi breaks but Tippett gives me reasonable cover for forwards and rucks for the rest of the season.

The other option is to just trade Hille to Sandilands (can't afford Ryder). Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat (not quite as flash one) ROK, S.Johnson, Gia, J.Brown, Franklin, Pods, Betts, Hall and Playfair.

My problem is that I need to cover Hille so I was thinking trading Hall or Betts (effectively spare forward) for Tippett:eek: to provide the Lobbe DP link. I've been happy with this situation as it hasovered Franklin and Pods mi breaks but Tippett gives me reasonable cover for forwards and rucks for the rest of the season.

The other option is to just trade Hille to Sandilands (can't afford Ryder). Any suggestions?

If you haven't got Sandi and you can swap Hille to get him then I would definitely do this!

Ok... since the Maguire injury got announced, plans to upgrade my forward line have been put on hold.

$197,700 in the bank with Fisher, Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Maguire, and Ladson in my backline; Schoenmakers and Hargrave on the bench.

Who do I upgrade Maguire to?

Is Martin to Gysberts and Gumby to Pavlich an acceptable upgrade or can anyone suggest something different ??

sounds good, just bear in mind there seems to be some question marks over whether gysberts is solid enough physically to survive the season, but you can't go wrong with pav.

no trades for me this week i reckon, there are no decent forward or back downgrade targets, and the midfield cows are either still mooing (stevenson) or tipped over (shuey). 8 trades and $96k left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have 5 trades left. Which isn't many I'm aware, but I was very keen to get my team finished ASAP.

I have Hille in the ruck, Warnock on the bench.
Assuming Warnock isn't named on Thurs, which is very likely, is it worth trading in Skipper for Warnock?
Gets me a few k spare for any other trades I might have to make, and gives cover for (hopefully) the rest of the season.

Need to create a DP link with my mids through a trade to a playing player (so no McNeill, unless he gets named!) to cover at least one 0 in the forwards....

Question is:

Do I go Howlett to either Davis or Dangerfield.....

Davis fallen gun, has been unreliable this season, dropped once form/injury.

Danger, lots of injuries the major concern, but looks to be getting back to some form. Might reasonably be expected to outscore Davis, and is cheaper....

Anyone??

Haha what the heck mate, your potential trades look exactly like the ones I'm going to make. AND you're about the only other person I've seen with Lewis! :D :thumbsu:

Lewis has been doing his job nicely, the past few weeks he has averaged 100. For the 7th midfeilder in my team, he is pretty reliable and consistent.

Is anyone consdering Waite in the forwards? Averaging about 100 over his last 3, 90's in his 2 before suspension and a big hundred on the weekend.

Got 9 Trades left and have Maguire, Pods,Enright,Stanton and Hille all struggling.

I think STanton and Enright should play however i think Hille, Pods and Maguire are all set to miss by the looks of it. Tippet can cover Hille which will be pritty much the first useful thing he has done all year! Other option is to trade warnock to skipper. Will probably just get tippet to cover him tho. Just hoping Hilles injury doesntg become reoccuring. Just need to make sure i have forward cover which will probably mean downgrading hitchcock if he doesnt play.

So much for having plenty of trades to upgrade Tippet. At this rate im gonna have to burn all 9 on Injuries!

Is anyone consdering Waite in the forwards? Averaging about 100 over his last 3, 90's in his 2 before suspension and a big hundred on the weekend.

Probably not mate! As good as he is when his actually playing he causes way to many headaches with injuries,suspensions imo to be worth it. If you believe he will stay injury free and suspension free then yes i think his a good pick but its a big IF imo

Ok... since the Maguire injury got announced, plans to upgrade my forward line have been put on hold.

$197,700 in the bank with Fisher, Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Maguire, and Ladson in my backline; Schoenmakers and Hargrave on the bench.

Who do I upgrade Maguire to?

im thinking give it one week and pick up kelly pretty cheap

Got 9 Trades left and have Maguire, Pods,Enright,Stanton and Hille all struggling.

I think STanton and Enright should play however i think Hille, Pods and Maguire are all set to miss by the looks of it. Tippet can cover Hille which will be pritty much the first useful thing he has done all year! Other option is to trade warnock to skipper. Will probably just get tippet to cover him tho. Just hoping Hilles injury doesntg become reoccuring. Just need to make sure i have forward cover which will probably mean downgrading hitchcock if he doesnt play.

So much for having plenty of trades to upgrade Tippet. At this rate im gonna have to burn all 9 on Injuries!

I'm pretty sure Pods will play mate.

i have matt maguire, paul bower, tadgh kennelly and phil davis in my backline

i have 132,400 in the bank and only 9 trades

my three options im considering are

1/ trade maguire for someone like grimes and go down to 8 trades, hoping kennelly , bower and davis (who is 9th best backman anyway) are all back soon

2/ trade dustin martin off my bench for gysberts and upgrade maguire to goddard.... leaving 7 trades and a bit of cash to get chapman up forward soon

3/ keep magurie and keep my trades as planned and put up with any zeros in the backline

any thoughts? i was hoping originally bower and kennelly come back and would save all my 9 trades

Why do you say Enright is struggling? He has been a pillar of strength in Geelong's backline.

Chris Mayne ==> Kurt Tippett

And really struggling with if its time to go Betts ==> ROK...... Just cant bring myself to get off the Eddie train after he has been pretty good to me this year.

Then slide him into the rucks to cover Hille. Lobbe might get a game but I havent made a trade in the Rucks all season and was always planning to bring Tippett in as my 9th forward.

Backs
Goddard
Hodge
Enright
Gilbert
Carrazzo
Duffield
Hargrave

Silvagni
Webberly

Mids
Ablett