DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
could i get some help guys....think i got similar problems to y'all :)

Gonna do howlett to gysberts which gives me 140k...like most ppls

but other option is the hard part...
1. Maguire to Gilbert but no cover for hille
2. Hille to Kreuzer (want consistency and no injury worries...ie thats why i am picking him over cox/mummy) and have cover for maguire in hunt/webberlly

which option should i consider....reading over i should trade hille since i have no cover but its 'only' for 2 weeks.....
huh.gif
?

Thx hypes guys, hope i get some light on this issue.....DT oh the ups and downs!!!

NicNat/Tippett->Mumford/Clark
JKT->McNeil/Gysberts

would've instantly chosen tippett to trade a week ago but the crows may start winning and he may start averaging 80. Additionally, Clark looks very tempting at that price, and Mumford is sure to rise.

My Adelaide bias making me stop trading Tippett every week?

Option 1: If Hams/Silvagni are named:
Howlett->Gysberts
Hitchcock->Tippett

Rationale: Gysberts for obvious reasons (cash and hopefully cover), Tippett repairs my Lobbe DP link, covers Hille until he returns and provides solid cover for both rucks and forwards for the remainder of the season.

Option 2: If Hams/Silvagni are not named:
Warnock->Simpson
Maguire->Premium
Rationale: Simpson covers Hille for however long, Maguire becomes a keeper. Problem is I miss out on Gysberts.

Option 3: Regardless of Hams/Silvagni named:
Hille->Mumford/Kreuzer/Cox
Howlett->Gysberts
Rationale: I may cop a zero if one of my back reserves aren't named.. I do not like this option because I think Hille is certainly worth keeping. Would use cash gained to upgrade Maguire later on.

Would like to do option 1 if all falls into place. May even be worth copping the zero in the backs for. Other thing is if Lobbe gets a game, which I doubt, but could happen resulting in Howlett->Gysberts and Maguire->Premium (If Silv and Hams don't get a gig.)

10 trades, 3.6k

Back: Shaw, Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Duffield, Waters, Maguire (Hams, Silvagni)
Mid: Stanton, Gibbs, Swan, Bartel, Barlow, K.Cornes (Howlett, Shuey)
Ruc: Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
Fwd: Ziebell, S.Johnson, Pavlich, Podsiadly, O'Keefe, Goodes, Thomas (Hitchcock, Rohan)

Got higgins, hille, pods and maguire.

Will probably trade Higgins, I have playfair as cover for pods if he is out, upgrade maguire and hope that Lobbe comes in as cover for Hille.

Cheers for your opinion Jet11, I agree with what you say, but I'm just not sure if the added points Swan will bring will be worth only having two 1 playing emergency in each position. If I had 2 I could even use DP to perhaps swap someone underperforming like Gia onto the bench and put Gysberts on the field. Option 2 removes all this flexibilty.

In your case, I think there are better options than Grimes that you could go for. If you don't want to go for Carrazzo because he's been dissappointing (only for the past 2 weeks mind you), I don't see why you'd go for Grimes (who's been equally dissappointing). There's quite a few underperforming premiums at that price range which would be better IMO, such as H.Shaw, Newman and Gilbee.

That is a good point you make. I guess it is the risk you take if you were going to go with option 2. How many trades do you have left? Swan is such a consistent performer though, rarely lets you down. Looking at it again, your mids are already very strong and your forwards prob need more work. Rockliff is in good form. Tough decision mate.

Thanks for your opinion on my post. Those 3 players are now in consideration, cheers

That is a good point you make. I guess it is the risk you take if you were going to go with option 2. How many trades do you have left? Swan is such a consistent performer though, rarely lets you down. Looking at it again, your mids are already very strong and your forwards prob need more work. Rockliff is in good form. Tough decision mate.

Thanks for your opinion on my post. Those 3 players are now in consideration, cheers

I currently have 7 left. I do really want Swan, as I said, almost all of my upcoming league opponents have him. I have a few players I could downgrade to get him in but I just don't think it's worth using another trade for it. The whole premise of option 1 rests on a first year player in Rohan staying healthy, and if he does cop an injury, I've essentially lost 130k. I'll be thinking about this one for a while :p

I know he's not looking 100% fit by a long shot- however, it's very hard to resist J Brown at his current price. Silly move at this stage of the game?

could i get some help guys....think i got similar problems to y'all :)

Gonna do howlett to gysberts which gives me 140k...like most ppls

but other option is the hard part...
1. Maguire to Gilbert but no cover for hille
2. Hille to Kreuzer (want consistency and no injury worries...ie thats why i am picking him over cox/mummy) and have cover for maguire in hunt/webberlly

which option should i consider....reading over i should trade hille since i have no cover but its 'only' for 2 weeks.....
huh.gif
?

Thx hypes guys, hope i get some light on this issue.....DT oh the ups and downs!!!

I would trade Hille to be honest. He is injury prone and it wouldn't surprise if he is out for more than the two weeks listed. You don't want ot be copping zeros week win week out if he has a set back.

Also Defenders such as Carrazzo, Fisher and Gilbert won't fluctuate in price much, so they are easy upgrade targets in the next few weeks.

As for my team I have the following plan set out to complete my team...

Round 12
Out Howlett In Gysberts
Out Tippett In Kruezer ( Have to bite the bullet, Kreuz will average 30-40 more points a game...)

Round 13
Out Davis In (Rookie)
Out McGuire In S.Fisher/Carrazzo

Round 14
Out Warnock In (Spud rookie)
Out Rockliff In Chapman (I have enough cash if Rocky gets to 300,000 and Chap stays around the same price)

Leaving me with defensive cover in Trengove and yet to be known rookie, Gysberts and McNeil and up forward Mayne and TDL. Ive decied to keep Mayne as he will play every week and with DP is an asset off the bench if injuries strike my Mids/Forwards.

That will leave me with 5 trades left for injuries/finals and a set team:

DEF: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbert, Shaw, Waters, S.Fisher/Carrazzo
MID: Bartel, Swan, Hayes, Pendlebury,Barlow, Lewis
RCK: Sandi, Kreuz
FWD: JBrown, O'Keefe, Pav, Dale, Gia:rolleyes:, Pods, Chappy.

That's the plan anyway....:thumbsu:

Thoughts on Hille > Ryder? Ever since Ryder got the #1 ruck position against Hawthorn he has been tonning up every week. If I don't trade Hille will cop donuts for every week he misses..

Thought about this myself. Would be paying top dollar for him though but is a good unique-ish choice. Has been awfully consistent, if i could i would.

I know he's not looking 100% fit by a long shot- however, it's very hard to resist J Brown at his current price. Silly move at this stage of the game?
Interesting one with Brown. A couple of weeks ago i would've said no without any hesitation but after looking at his scores, it's hard to say. I haven't seen him play for a while now but when i saw him a few weeks ago, he looked terrible.

I'm thinking about doing a Hille -> Clark trade. From what i can see he's not playing ruck exclusively but i still don't mind his point scoring potential regardless of this. Thoughts?

Is anyone happy to give Gysberts a miss this week?

I am not sure whether I should join the bandwagon. My onfield midfield is set with Shuey and Martin on the bench. I have 9 trades and 300k in the bank with Fyfe, Rockliff and Pods my remaining upgrades. So I should be able to make those upgrades comfortably with the 300k.

I could trade Martin to Gysberts to give me cash for late season injury trades, but that would leave me more open to donuts in the midfield. I could trade Shuey to Gysberts to strengthen my bench, but I am primarily concerned about my league and Shuey should be playing in the late rounds. Neither of these options seem like they are worth a trade...

So I am thinking I will leave Gysberts - am I crazy?

Gents,

I'm in a pickle (a good one infact).

My forward line currently is;

Pavlich, Didak, S.Johnson, Goodes, Gia, J.Brown, Franklin, Pods and Playfair.

That's right, Pods is currently my 8th forward!

What do you wise dreamteamers suggest I do? It's all good having him on the bench but his 328k price is just too much on there. Of course I could leave him and have the best forward cover ever.

Thoughts are much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gents,

What do you wise dreamteamers suggest I do? It's all good having him on the bench but his 328k price is just too much on there. Of course I could leave him and have the best forward cover ever.

Only thing I can suggest is get McNeil in your mids. Swap Pav to the mids and McNeil to the forwards and put Pods on the field.

Is anyone happy to give Gysberts a miss this week?

I am not sure whether I should join the bandwagon. My onfield midfield is set with Shuey and Martin on the bench. I have 9 trades and 300k in the bank with Fyfe, Rockliff and Pods my remaining upgrades. So I should be able to make those upgrades comfortably with the 300k.

I could trade Martin to Gysberts to give me cash for late season injury trades, but that would leave me more open to donuts in the midfield. I could trade Shuey to Gysberts to strengthen my bench, but I am primarily concerned about my league and Shuey should be playing in the late rounds. Neither of these options seem like they are worth a trade...

So I am thinking I will leave Gysberts - am I crazy?

Not at all. I am in a similar (sort of) position to you (well, actually I'm in a worse position but never mind). I have 8 trades, and premiums in the mids with Shuey and Rohan on the bench. I still need to upgrade Maguire, Yarran and one of Hitchcock/Rockliff. So to me, what good would trading, say, Shuey to Gysberts do me? Make some cash? Not much. Good bench cover? Maybe, but assuming Rohan stays fit he's probably not much better than him in the long run.

If I were you, I certainly would not trade Shuey for Gysberts, you would make hardly any cash. Trading Martin for Gysberts makes more sense, but even then I would probably keep Martin for bench cover and save the trade.

Unsure about it myself but what if you have a Howlett/Shuey type bench? Assuming Howlett gets dropped this week (for Stanton) it's almost a must in my eyes. Still deciding on that one.

Gents,

That's a tough one. Nice problem to have. I'm not joking in saying that I'd be keeping Pods before Gia - I reckon Gia is a rubbish premium and is prone to very average scores esp when he plays forward. Not necessarily saying you should trade Gia, but I wouldn't be trading Pods before him, unless his injury is worse than first thought. I'd actually wait and see how Playfair's JS goes. If he is quite solid then you can probably afford to trade a Pods/Gia to make some cash. If not, you might want the good cover.

I would trade Hille to be honest. He is injury prone and it wouldn't surprise if he is out for more than the two weeks listed. You don't want ot be copping zeros week win week out if he has a set back.

Also Defenders such as Carrazzo, Fisher and Gilbert won't fluctuate in price much, so they are easy upgrade targets in the next few weeks.

As for my team I have the following plan set out to complete my team...

Round 12
Out Howlett In Gysberts
Out Tippett In Kruezer ( Have to bite the bullet, Kreuz will average 30-40 more points a game...)

Round 13
Out Davis In (Rookie)
Out McGuire In S.Fisher/Carrazzo

Round 14
Out Warnock In (Spud rookie)
Out Rockliff In Chapman (I have enough cash if Rocky gets to 300,000 and Chap stays around the same price)

Leaving me with defensive cover in Trengove and yet to be known rookie, Gysberts and McNeil and up forward Mayne and TDL. Ive decied to keep Mayne as he will play every week and with DP is an asset off the bench if injuries strike my Mids/Forwards.

That will leave me with 5 trades left for injuries/finals and a set team:

DEF: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbert, Shaw, Waters, S.Fisher/Carrazzo
MID: Bartel, Swan, Hayes, Pendlebury,Barlow, Lewis
RCK: Sandi, Kreuz
FWD: JBrown, O'Keefe, Pav, Dale, Gia:rolleyes:, Pods, Chappy.

That's the plan anyway....:thumbsu:
Haha what the heck mate, your potential trades look exactly like the ones I'm going to make. AND you're about the only other person I've seen with Lewis! :D :thumbsu:

That's a tough one. Nice problem to have. I'm not joking in saying that I'd be keeping Pods before Gia - I reckon Gia is a rubbish premium and is prone to very average scores esp when he plays forward. Not necessarily saying you should trade Gia, but I wouldn't be trading Pods before him, unless his injury is worse than first thought. I'd actually wait and see how Playfair's JS goes. If he is quite solid then you can probably afford to trade a Pods/Gia to make some cash. If not, you might want the good cover.

Thanks for the input mate.

At the moment, I'll prefer the cover from Pods and downgrade him in the future just to make a Premium to Premium+ upgrade later in the season.

The real problem at the moment is Goose Maguire, and I'm even tempted to wait a week and see if Heater drops further so I can straight swap for him.

i reckon i'll hold off a week and do maguire to kelly. dunno why more people arent looking at kelly, hes had 2 average week and will be pretty cheap

tempted by gysberts but have shuey and banner on the bench, so prob go with mcneil instead

Option 1: If Hams/Silvagni are named:
Howlett->Gysberts
Hitchcock->Tippett

Rationale: Gysberts for obvious reasons (cash and hopefully cover), Tippett repairs my Lobbe DP link, covers Hille until he returns and provides solid cover for both rucks and forwards for the remainder of the season.

Option 2: If Hams/Silvagni are not named:
Warnock->Simpson
Maguire->Premium
Rationale: Simpson covers Hille for however long, Maguire becomes a keeper. Problem is I miss out on Gysberts.

Option 3: Regardless of Hams/Silvagni named:
Hille->Mumford/Kreuzer/Cox
Howlett->Gysberts
Rationale: I may cop a zero if one of my back reserves aren't named.. I do not like this option because I think Hille is certainly worth keeping. Would use cash gained to upgrade Maguire later on.

Would like to do option 1 if all falls into place. May even be worth copping the zero in the backs for. Other thing is if Lobbe gets a game, which I doubt, but could happen resulting in Howlett->Gysberts and Maguire->Premium (If Silv and Hams don't get a gig.)

10 trades, 3.6k

Back: Shaw, Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Duffield, Waters, Maguire (Hams, Silvagni)
Mid: Stanton, Gibbs, Swan, Bartel, Barlow, K.Cornes (Howlett, Shuey)
Ruc: Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
Fwd: Ziebell, S.Johnson, Pavlich, Podsiadly, O'Keefe, Goodes, Thomas (Hitchcock, Rohan)
Sorry to bump, but thoughts and suggestions?

Thoughts on Hille > Ryder? Ever since Ryder got the #1 ruck position against Hawthorn he has been tonning up every week. If I don't trade Hille will cop donuts for every week he misses..

Ryder is overpriced. He's gunning it but you can save money.

Sandi $383k
Cox $368k
Clark $334k
McIntosh $309k :eek:

These are the risks that pay off in DT.

Imagine if Hmac comes out and kicks a bag and walks all over Kruezer on Friday night. You'd be spewin. :p

Ryder is overpriced. He's gunning it but you can save money.

Sandi $383k
Cox $368k
Clark $334k
McIntosh $309k :eek:

These are the risks that pay off in DT.

Imagine if Hmac comes out and kicks a bag and walks all over Kruezer on Friday night. You'd be spewin. :p

Ryders current average says he is underpriced. Last 3 games he is averaging 115, last 5 109. If he contines this form he will be at least 10ppg better than the next best ruck (excluding Sandi) which is 120 points for the remainder of the year.

I think if you can get him, do it!

tempted by gysberts but have shuey and banner on the bench, so prob go with mcneil instead

I'm in the same boat, but just cannot reconcile trading down a non-playing bench player to a cheaper non-playing bench player just for the DP and coin.

I feel the need for bench cover in the midfield. The problem is that Shuey has had a horrid run with injuries (not unexpected but was hoping he'd have squeezed out 6 games by now!) and Banner may as well be in a barrel in a disused bank vault in Snowtown!!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back