DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, is anybody interested in Reimers? Has two good scores on the board, was already underpriced at the start of the year, seems very underpriced at the moment, just not sure if he is a keeper

I'm thinking of going

Riewoldt -> Rioli
Dangerfield -> Goodes

or

Riewoldt -> Rioli
Dangerfield (using DP) -> Carrazzo

Thoughts?

There is so many ways to deal with Riewoldt trade, because I have Dangerfield it makes things a little tougher. I could hope that the injury isn't to serious and maybe he'll play in a few weeks time. Riewoldt will have to go this week, Brown looks good, but someone like Didak or SJ would be unique. Thoughts?

Stick with Seaby. You pick a mid pricer you generally hold for longer than a round. i'm optimistic Seaby will improve.

Yes but only with a view to get Sandilands down the track. Tippett is rubbish and struggling. I'd be losing too much value.

i would wait, seaby still has about 50k or more until he matures plus sandiland is not going to go up much more than he is already priced

would wait on watson as well he is not really loosing much value plus ablett is not likely to increase as his BE will always be about 120

Brett Burton is tempting me except he always gets injured. Probably would need him to play the next 10 games maybe more. So underpriced though and he was kicked to so much against Melbourne.

Reiwoldt out, Adam Goodes in. Only trade I need to make so far this week.

I was seriously tempted to go with Chapman but I wanted this trade to stay & concerned about Injury issues with Chapman throughout 2010.

reiwoldt ----> franklin (he should improve with some bad teams in the next month)

warren ----> rioli (could do anything this year)

Rioli Averages
Season 2008: 66
Season 2009: 76
2010 so far: 100

Isn't 3rd year supposed to be breakout?

Seriously considering Volt-brennan but i'm haunted by the memories of last year bringing him in after a good run of games and he proceeded to knotch up scores of 70, 60, 83, 48 for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh that's good news.

But what about Hargrave?

Feels like if you have him you are completely screwed, because you have the risk that he will be a dud all season, and also the disadvantage that you can't pick up a premium at a ridiculously low price.

Many coaches will be looking to bring in Hargrave over the next few weeks as his price drops. You picked him as a keeper so his price fluctuations are irrelevant, except that it will allow other coaches to pick him up for much cheaper than you paid. Sit tight. Don't trade him, even if he misses 1 week.

Rioli Averages
Season 2008: 66
Season 2009: 76
2010 so far: 100

Isn't 3rd year supposed to be breakout?

If Rioli hadn't had the interrupted pre-season and the rumours of op, he would have been as popular as Riewoldt. Lack of a pre-season means he may run out of puff later in the year, but he certainly was very impressive in his 2nd game for the year.

Def thinking of Rocky now. Lot's of the injured Lions come back by Round 7/8, thats 5/6 rounds to have a spot and prove himself and get some money.

Voldt > Brown
Tippett > Rocky

I kept rocky on the bench from the start as i didn't think it would take long for him to get a game. Only need to get rid of Volt and Tippett, thinking about even starting rocky and putting Tippett to Pods or someone else who is going to gain some value.

Bit early to tell how well rocky can hold up, but boy he is good at getting out to the wings and taking a few marks. He was exactly the same in the preseason as well. Had 23 touches vs port and 19 of those were uncontested with 7 marks.

I could potentially go,

Riewoldt - Brown

and Medhurst - Brennan, and have exactly $100 left. However I have faith in medhurst and he has good fixtures coming up....thoughts?

Here's my current forward line.

J.Brown
R.O'Keefe
N.Riewoldt
H.Ballantyne
D.Giansiracusa
B.Hall
K.Tippett
- - - - - -
C.Hitchcock
S.Gumbleton

I have 20 trades remaining for the year, and 13k in the bank.

Thoughts on these trades please:
N.Riewoldt > J.Brennan
K.Tippett > C.Rioli

Niether Brennan nor Rioli have risen in price, and both players have the highest current averages of players that I can afford (other than those I already have). I'm struggling to find any negatives to this trade since I already have Brown, O'Keefe, Ballantyne.

Any reason not to make this double trade?

Those trades look fine but don't you have to be careful you don't spread your value if you want to get Riewoldt once he comes back.

agree with you but before round 1, i considered both Riewoldt and Tippett (very foolishly) to be Keepers so to hold my team structure and trading plan I think that i should only be trading for two players who i consider to be keepers.

J.Brown
R.O'Keefe
N.Riewoldt
H.Ballantyne
D.Giansiracusa
B.Hall
K.Tippett
- - - - - -
C.Hitchcock
S.Gumbleton

N.Riewoldt > J.Brennan
K.Tippett > C.Rioli

Niether Brennan nor Rioli have risen in price, and both players have the highest current averages of players that I can afford (other than those I already have). I'm struggling to find any negatives to this trade since I already have Brown, O'Keefe, Ballantyne.

Jet,

I am strongly considering the same trades as well. I had rioli in my team all summer up until he got rested. He has been playing half fit and still scoring over 100.

Brennan, I am just not too sure about his consistency. I wish Mcglynn was still classed as a forward like last year :(

J.Brown
R.O'Keefe
N.Riewoldt
H.Ballantyne
D.Giansiracusa
B.Hall
K.Tippett
- - - - - -
C.Hitchcock
S.Gumbleton

N.Riewoldt > J.Brennan
K.Tippett > C.Rioli

I have the exact same forward line, except for Gumby and Rocky on the bench instead of Hitchcock. Considering a similar thing, but not sure on players. If Brennan and Rioli keep it up, wont need to go back to Volt. Hall ill still look to trade off after he hits a few good games in a row. I already have about 130k in the bank from doing a forced trade, Adcock down to Malceski which is really paying off, so i already have some money for midfield trades. Really not sure what to do with the forward line. Could nearly finish it off with 2 trades right now if the players perform as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back