DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strauss & Roberts my weak rookies. Roberts should get many more, but since Strauss was out in a winning Melbourne side; he might find it tough to break into the side in the near future. Brodie Moles & Rohan Bail look tempting.

Dangerfield at the moment is my only real worry. Has been cleared of no real structural neck damage, so that is a good sign. Hopefully he can be fit & firing sooner rather than later.

I have have 20 trades available but the dilema i have is whether or not to use just the 1 trade or both trades this round?

H Shaw
K Tippett
N Riewoldt
P Dangerfield
L Franklin - suspended for 1 week.

M Maguire can cover H Shaw
R Warnock to cover K Tippett
Trade Riewoldt with Brown
Gumbleton in for Dangerfield
Hitchcock in for Franklin

The problem is with with only one trade i'm likely to get low score and risk losing my first game or using a 2nd trade when i may need it in the future to prevent any 0's

Def thinking of Rocky now. Lot's of the injured Lions come back by Round 7/8, thats 5/6 rounds to have a spot and prove himself and get some money.

Voldt > Brown
Tippett > Rocky

Great minds think alike mate. Thats exactly the way I'm gonna go, have had enough of Tippett spuddin it up.

Here's my current forward line.

J.Brown
R.O'Keefe
N.Riewoldt
H.Ballantyne
D.Giansiracusa
B.Hall
K.Tippett
- - - - - -
C.Hitchcock
S.Gumbleton

I have 20 trades remaining for the year, and 13k in the bank.

Thoughts on these trades please:
N.Riewoldt > J.Brennan
K.Tippett > C.Rioli

Niether Brennan nor Rioli have risen in price, and both players have the highest current averages of players that I can afford (other than those I already have). I'm struggling to find any negatives to this trade since I already have Brown, O'Keefe, Ballantyne.

Any reason not to make this double trade?

Very, very similar to my setup which is:

J.Brown
R.O'Keefe
N.Riewoldt
H.Ballantyne
D.Giansiracusa
K.Tippett
T.Rockliff
- - - - - -
C.Hitchcock
J.Posiadly

Also strongly considering the same two trades. Would also love to get Chappy in but I don't know if I can justify has price when I can nab 2 (probable) guns in Brennan and Rioli for instance. Thinking I will only trade Tippett this week if he plays, probs to Rioli. Reiwoldt isn't losing any value this week so gives me another week of information for which to make a decision on the St Nick trade.

Also be keeping my eye on Harvey who has a BE of 99.

Surprised at the lack of love for Chappy. Sure the bloke has a mild history of injuries, but he's looked good so far, so good in fact that his price has barely dropped from where it started. From a risk perspective I don't see him worse off than say Brennan (missed 5 games in the last year) or Rioli (missed almost all of last year and now with limited pre season).

Probably balk at his price and his tendency to miss games in the DT finals period for the last three years, but if you can afford it Chappy is certainly a great option.

Riewoldt > rioli...its done i know its early i dont care!!!. I have 200k spare cash but am goin to save it for a week or two, let hall, ballantyne, trengrove ziebell have a couple more price rises then update!!!!

Riewoldt > rioli...its done i know its early i dont care!!!. I have 200k spare cash but am goin to save it for a week or two, let hall, ballantyne, trengrove ziebell have a couple more price rises then update!!!!

Thats what I'm thinking...

Still cant pull the trigger though. Goodes and Higgins my other options.

What are peoples thoughts on my dilemma.

I have 75k in the bank:

I'm thinking:

Riewoldt + Tippett => Brennan + Sandi

Haven't made a trade yet, would give me no money in the kitty.

Surprised at the lack of love for Chappy. Sure the bloke has a mild history of injuries, but he's looked good so far, so good in fact that his price has barely dropped from where it started. From a risk perspective I don't see him worse off than say Brennan (missed 5 games in the last year) or Rioli (missed almost all of last year and now with limited pre season).

I picked Chappy from R1 last year and he was a gun... until he got injured and contributed to the downfall of my team. His hamstrings won't last the season. Especially since the AFL has now banned his dodgy "blood doping" hamstring-fix that he's used in previous seasons.

I'm sure that he'll play 22 this year just to prove me wrong, but I wasn't game to take the risk this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do u think about these trades??

Riewoldt to Higgins

Tippett to Rioli

Thoughts??

Rioli is all class and i imagine will get a good run of scores, however, the list of Hawks midfielders yet to return is quite extensive and i would imagine he will see less and less time in the midfield as the year progresses. Still i expect him to average around 80-90.

Higgins i don't see scoring above 100 on too many occassions, though with aker out he will have to step up.

I myself am hoping for a couple of things...

Originally i was going to go:

Roo > Peterson
Martin > Boyd

But i think i will let martin mature more.. If pods is picked this week i will trade Roo > Pods. I am pretty sure Gray will get up so he can slot into Roo's position. Then hoping that Rockliff gets another run.. This will net me around 370 000 cash and in a couple of weeks i can trade martin for boyd and should have enough later to upgrade Jetta to a fallen premium.

My midfield will then be:

Barlow, Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Ball, Fallen premium, (Shuey Bastinac)

Looking also to trade up waters or ladson for Gilbert - so need alot more cash incoming...

I'm also trading out Riewoldt and Tippet this week and would love some advice.

I have 11,300 in the kitty already, bringing my budget up to 740,200

Here are some combinations I've come up with and would love some feedback and opinions:
Grundy + Pavlich
Grundy + Brennan
Brown + Reimers
Brown + Burton
O'Keefe + Reimers
O'Keefe + Burton
Chapman + Burton

I don't think much of Higgins or Riolio and don't consider them options.

Thanks!

I've liked the look of Murphy so far. Honestly, he seems to be marking the ball more than we saw in the pre-season. Could be an option. Wish I went with him over Gia. <_<

Brennan people seem set on. With a small sample space, i don't know how sure I can be of his performance. 2 games? It is a risk, but if coaches are prepared to except he may be inconsistent, take him because he has shown he has upside.

Chapman looks risky. Too risky. He hasn't played over 17 games in years. His hammys are going to be something you'll be worrying about, week in week out. I know for a fact his recovery from any injuries will also be slowed due to the lack of injections he used last year. (now illegal)

These picks were slightly on my radar, but replacing Riewoldt is no easy task. I want consistency, and less risk involved with my picks.

I'm also trading out Riewoldt and Tippet this week and would love some advice.

I have 11,300 in the kitty already, bringing my budget up to 740,200

Here are some combinations I've come up with and would love some feedback and opinions:
Grundy + Pavlich
Grundy + Brennan
Brown + Reimers
Brown + Burton
O'Keefe + Reimers
O'Keefe + Burton
Chapman + Burton

Thanks!
the top 2
i really like grundy, looking at him myself, and rate him more highly than reimers and burton.
id choose pavlich over brennan if you want a consistent and proven gun..although brennans capabilities are endless and you could roll the dice with him.
that aside i rate higgins as a better option than grundy in the longterm

Chappy is a tough one.

Point A, he is more expensive than Roo, so a lot of people just can't afford him.

Point B, he misses games. More than that, he seems to be rested or injured approaching September, DT Finals time.

If you ignore both them, he is the best forward in the game.

Riewoldt --> Grundy

Ladson --> Malceski

I've just afraid Malceski price will rise to a point where I wont be able to afford him later on in the season. Doing these trades will leave me with around 100k in bank.

Could use that to upgrade to Sandilands or even a premium mid later on in the season.

OR

Riewoldt ---> Peterson

Ladson --> Gilbert

leaves me with 115K with a chance to get Sandilands later on as well.

I'm thinking of going Roo>Rioli then Medhurst> SJ. But I can't get Brennan out of the equation.

I heard from a Brisbane supporter that his first two scores were flukes and that he will be back to his inconsistent ways soon enough but still he has so much potential.

I would advise to stay clear of Rioli. He has an extremely limited pre season. We all know players miss many weeks down the line and cant last the entire season without another injury. Its also a reoccuring injury with OP. Players can also try and play with it and push through the pain but score really poorly. With they way Rioli plays, agility speed wise he wont last long IMO. He missed weeks with it last year. I dont like him as a pick even though if you get really lucky he becomes a cheap keeper and also you gain 100k. But hes to risky.

Considerring either Brennen or Chapman.

If I get Chapman, I will still have 130K in the bank.

If I get Brennen, I will have around 250K in the bank.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back