DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think a midpricer to pods is better than trading a rookie that hasn't matured. It becomes a legitimate downgrade and frees up a ton of cash for a later upgrade.

If you're only making under 80 grand or so i'd probably hold off.

Hopefully this doesn't end up like me holding off on Petrenko-> Broughton last year.

I definitely think a midpricer to pods is better than trading a rookie that hasn't matured. It becomes a legitimate downgrade and frees up a ton of cash for a later upgrade.

If you're only making under 80 grand or so i'd probably hold off.

I just went Hall to pods.

now to keep gumby or get in rock?

Keep Gumby. Not worth the trade if your only gonna make 50K.

Agreed:thumbsu:
And Gumby has much better job security. Not point making the trade imo not a big enough profit and Gumby gives you good cover on the bench because he will play barring injury. Rocky could still get dropped if his for drops off

Thinking of the following trades:

Hitchcock (this year petrenko IMO) >> Pods

OR

Dangerfield>> Pods

Opinions?

Option 1: Hall, Dangerfield > Rockliffe, Podsiadly - will then have 18 trades and 467, 300 banked. Downside is the forwardline will be: Pav, Gia, Murphy, Buddy, Pods, Rockcliffe, Gumbleton (duncan, hitchcock).

Option 3: Lose one of hall or dangerfield to rock/pods, then upgrade tippet whos in the ruck to sanderlands

Option 3: No trade, 20 tades and 113,600 banked.

Thinking of the following trades:

Hitchcock (this year petrenko IMO) >> Pods

OR

Dangerfield>> Pods

Opinions?
IMO id go danger mate. I got the same decision but i have wright instead of danger. Im gonna trade wright to pods. Danger and Wright were both gonna have to be traded anyway and we will net more cash but trading them rather than hitchcock where we will only net 60-70k.

Also you can play pods on the field and he will probably score more than danger or at the very worst the same and he will be generating your a truck load of cash. Adelaide are stinking it and Danger is struggling. IMO i would definately go with him.

IMO id go danger mate. I got the same decision but i have wright instead of danger. Im gonna trade wright to pods. Danger and Wright were both gonna have to be traded anyway and we will net more cash but trading them rather than hitchcock where we will only net 60-70k.

Also you can play pods on the field and he will probably score more than danger or at the very worst the same and he will be generating your a truck load of cash. Adelaide are stinking it and Danger is struggling. IMO i would definately go with him.
You make a good point. Danger is playing the dogs and could get his pants pulled down. But a rule i usually stick to is to not start as many rookies as possible. But pods being a Mature age, i may have to break that rule. Will ponder this tomorrow...

Any any port fans, when Hitchcock is back, do you guys think he will get a game?

Option 1: Hall, Dangerfield > Rockliffe, Podsiadly - will then have 18 trades and 467, 300 banked. Downside is the forwardline will be: Pav, Gia, Murphy, Buddy, Pods, Rockcliffe, Gumbleton (duncan, hitchcock).

Option 3: Lose one of hall or dangerfield to rock/pods, then upgrade tippet whos in the ruck to sanderlands

no point holding onto trades if your team has major flaws. Get sandi in ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just did Warren to Pods. Should've probably waited until tomorrow. Hopefully Pods doesn't go injure himself now haha.

Dont worry mate. At least you waited for teams. Theres nothing wrong with trading tonight dont have to wait till the final 30 seconds of lockout to trade. Youd be very unluckey if pods went down.

Ill be making a similar trade this week Wright to pods:)

Can't wait to see Cunnington in action... He was in my team early till he got injured.. Is gonna be a dead set gun - Looking forward to his season.

Agreed:thumbsu:
And Gumby has much better job security. Not point making the trade imo not a big enough profit and Gumby gives you good cover on the bench because he will play barring injury. Rocky could still get dropped if his for drops off

Disagree on all fronts. I don't see him as an automatic selection, nor do I see him as good bench cover. Much prefer Rocky on my bench than Gumby.

Having said that, if Peterson doesn't make the final 22 for the Hawks, I'll be trading him for Rockliff, and pocketing 89k. And I'm also worried about JB not playing this week, so I've got about 6 possible trade scenarios all based around my 6th, 7th and 8th forwards. I've changed my mind a dozen times, but I suppose I can't do anything till the final teams come out.

With Hitchcock out with an injury im left with no bench (roberts as well:rolleyes:) and Brown in some doubt. Plus, I cant see Hitchy coming back in too soon with guys like Hartlett, Thomas, Rodan, Gray back in now.

So for that reason I will probably be going Hitchy -> Pods which will leave me with 150k in the bank.

Then hopefully next week I can go Robinson -> Selwood (Joel).

Or I can go Ball -> Swan this week

Not sure what I should do? Thoughts

Disagree on all fronts. I don't see him as an automatic selection, nor do I see him as good bench cover. Much prefer Rocky on my bench than Gumby.

Having said that, if Peterson doesn't make the final 22 for the Hawks, I'll be trading him for Rockliff, and pocketing 89k. And I'm also worried about JB not playing this week, so I've got about 6 possible trade scenarios all based around my 6th, 7th and 8th forwards. I've changed my mind a dozen times, but I suppose I can't do anything till the final teams come out.

True but surely you cant argue that gumbleton has better job security than rocky? Brisbane has very good depth, rocky is a first year player who could get dropped if he has some bad games. The fact he wasnt selected in round one after his pre season proves that. Gumbleton is promising player essendon have been dying to get on the field. With Lucas and Lloyd gone they really dont have many players to replace him with. Gumbleton to Rocky is barly netting you 50k. Waste of a trade IMO. But each to their own
Do you think is it real that forex expert

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on where should i look to upgrade first

Backs: Hodge , Goddard , Enright , Malceski , Waters , Maguire , S.Fisher
Bench: N.Krakouer , Nason

Mids: Bartel , Anthony , Barlow , Stanton , Ball , Bastinac
Bench: Trengove, Martin

Rucks: Hille , Naitanui
Bench: Warnock , Lobbe

Forwards: O'Keefe,Betts, Gia , Hall , Medhurst, Rockliff , Sylvia
Bench: Gumby, Roberts

17 trades $210,700

I was thinking on
Backs to wait to Hargave comes down in price a bit n swap magurie to him
hopefully Chad Cornes has a role change in the 2nd half of the year for a Waters- cornes trade

Mids
Ball to hayes/Gibbs while there cheap
and try get Ablett and Swan for the rookies

Rucks
thinking on getting the big cox if he has a good one this week
and try to get Sandi in maybe next week

Forwards
with the $210,000 in the bank i could upgrade Hall and Medhurst
to B.Harvey and L.Davis/A.Didak

thoughts ?

Hitchy is going to struggle to get a game, theres a chance he might get one under the following conditions:

Club loses patience with Ebert
Gray reinjures himself (Motlop is due back in the next couple of weeks though)

Given those circumstances he may come back in, but remember Motlop is highly rated and will be given an opportunity when back - most likely scenario would be Ebert getting dropped if Hitchy burns it up in SANFL.

It's bad for my DT & SC teams because Hitchy was my reserve in one and on the field in another with M Williams as emerg (who's also out this week). I was planning on getting rid of Williams anyway, in hindsight it's been my poorest decision of the year!(putting Williams in the first place)

Those on the Danger discussion, he can play and will improve steadily. Prior to his injury he'd had a couple of good games and I don't think he was ever going to play well after that crunch to the neck. Why he doesn't play through the midfield or as a halfback sweeper I just don't understand, but I don't pay much attention to the Crows and they would know him better than me.

Rockliff in my opinion only would be a better option than Pods, blind Freddy could have kicked 5 goals against Port on the weekend. With Rocky playing through the midfield I believe he'll get more of the pill and Black seems as if he's gonna struggle through the year so they'll need cover and Selwood appears to be out of favour.

True but surely you cant argue that gumbleton has better job security than rocky? Brisbane has very good depth, rocky is a first year player who could get dropped if he has some bad games. The fact he wasnt selected in round one after his pre season proves that. Gumbleton is promising player essendon have been dying to get on the field. With Lucas and Lloyd gone they really dont have many players to replace him with. Gumbleton to Rocky is barly netting you 50k. Waste of a trade IMO. But each to their own
Do you think is it real that forex expert
Not doubting that Gumby is a promising player, but last week against the Eagles, he looked out of his depth. Knights did come to his defence, so he may have a job for a while. But I just don't see any scoring potential in Gumby.

As for Rockliff, I thought it was relevant that Proud and Selwood were dropped this week. If he maintains his form, I don't think that there are any Lions players out of the side who will replace him purely on reputation.

Option 3A.

Not doubting that Gumby is a promising player, but last week against the Eagles, he looked out of his depth. Knights did come to his defence, so he may have a job for a while. But I just don't see any scoring potential in Gumby.

As for Rockliff, I thought it was relevant that Proud and Selwood were dropped this week. If he maintains his form, I don't think that there are any Lions players out of the side who will replace him purely on reputation.

Fair Call. If Brisbane are dropping players like proud and Selwood before Rocky it is looking good for him. If he can hold is form he should definately outscore gumby.

Guess it depends what your after. If you want someone with less scoring potential but more security to make you gradual cash and aybe even sit on your bench for the whole season to cover for injuries gumby might be the way to go. However if your after cash then there is no doubt rocky is the way to go. He may even end up playing the rest of the season if he can hold his form

Just Danger to Pods for me this week, next week I'll go Mayne to most probably Sylvia and downgrade Hunt to Hams. The following week I'll Upgrade Maguire to a 400k defender and probably pounce on Cunnington! All sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back