DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is hard to tell with TDL but maybe turf him but you have held onto him this far.

who do you think I should get rid of for pods out of ziebell or danger??

is hard to tell with TDL but maybe turf him but you have held onto him this far.

who do you think I should get rid of for pods out of ziebell or danger??

Id go danger. RRekon Ziebel has ore scoring potential. Probably doesnt matter that much because both are probably have to go before season end but id go danger at this stage. With adelaide struggling really cant see hi turning it round very much at all

Do i downgrade Dangerfield to Pods in my forward line, pocket the cash and run with it?

All about risk and reward and whilst bringing in any rookie carries an element of risk, the pay off could be huge. He can conceivable average 65-70, he makes you a heap of cash, scores the same as Danger and allows you to upgrade elsewhere massively!

Do i downgrade Dangerfield to Pods in my forward line, pocket the cash and run with it?

One of Danger or Ballantyne were planned to be my 7th FWD and if they both performed really well then they will be my 6th and 7th FWD's.

I don't think Danger has really shown what he can do this year and Ballantyne has only had one bad game and averaged 80 in the other 3.

Personally I am not making any trades this week for two reasons;

1. The best trades this week are for $$$ and won't gain me many if any points. Got $280k in the bank so will be able to upgrade Trengove/Martin/Ladson/Petersen to a keeper in 2 weeks.

2. If Brown goes out this week that will be 5 of my players that have missed game(s) through injury. 5 players in 5 rounds, might save some trades me thinks!!!

Mez

One of Danger or Ballantyne were planned to be my 7th FWD and if they both performed really well then they will be my 6th and 7th FWD's.

I don't think Danger has really shown what he can do this year and Ballantyne has only had one bad game and averaged 80 in the other 3.

Personally I am not making any trades this week for two reasons;

1. The best trades this week are for $$$ and won't gain me many if any points. Got $280k in the bank so will be able to upgrade Trengove/Martin/Ladson/Petersen to a keeper in 2 weeks.

2. If Brown goes out this week that will be 5 of my players that have missed game(s) through injury. 5 players in 5 rounds, might save some trades me thinks!!!

Mez

Have I missed something?

If you picked Tippett as a keeper, no. Tippett will improve, and there is no certainty Hille will hold up, or NicNat will post consistent scores. I have Tippett, and will be keeping him unless an injury strikes.
Injury HAS struck, he's just playing through it which is big props for his courage, but considering his form, not really big props for his coaches. And his courage is not helping our DT scores.

I've held onto him this long, but with the number of rookies in my forward line (and Relton Roberts being one of them), I'm going to have to ditch him this week. It's either that or start sucking up doughnuts.

I really want to believe because I reckon if he's fit, he's a great pick, but his knees are far from fit by the looks of his first 4 games.

Injury HAS struck, he's just playing through it which is big props for his courage, but considering his form, not really big props for his coaches. And his courage is not helping our DT scores.

I've held onto him this long, but with the number of rookies in my forward line (and Relton Roberts being one of them), I'm going to have to ditch him this week. It's either that or start sucking up doughnuts.

I really want to believe because I reckon if he's fit, he's a great pick, but his knees are far from fit by the looks of his first 4 games.
I honestly thought he was coming into some form late in the third quarter and early in the fourth quarter against Carlton. He has had plenty of scoring shots for the year but he is struggling with confidence. I think he has kicked 1.10 for the season. If he can get his confidence up a bit he will be alright.

I honestly thought he was coming into some form late in the third quarter and early in the fourth quarter against Carlton. He has had plenty of scoring shots for the year but he is struggling with confidence. I think he has kicked 1.10 for the season. If he can get his confidence up a bit he will be alright.

1.10 gives him 16 DT points. Even if it had been 10.1 (45 more DT points) his average would still be only 56. Much much less than you anticipated when you selected him. The burning question is how long to hold. He's shaping up as the Buddy of 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

Anyone have a link to the break even calculator?
The link I usually use is not working for some reason.

Cheers

1.10 gives him 16 DT points. Even if it had been 10.1 (45 more DT points) his average would still be only 56. Much much less than you anticipated when you selected him. The burning question is how long to hold. He's shaping up as the Buddy of 2010.
Don't forget the confidence he would gain if he was kicking straight.

I picked him as a keeper and I think I'm going to hold on to him. However, it is very tempting to downgrade him to Rockcliff or Podsiadly.

Im holding onto him.

I picked him as a keeper and his staying as a keeper. If i get to the last few rounds and i have trades to burn(unlikley with the amount of injuries these days) then i will upgrade him but only once i am satisfied with the rest of my team. In the mean time im crossing my fingers he finds some form

Im holding onto him.

I picked him as a keeper and his staying as a keeper. If i get to the last few rounds and i have trades to burn(unlikley with the amount of injuries these days) then i will upgrade him but only once i am satisfied with the rest of my team. In the mean time im crossing my fingers he finds some form

TBH, I don't think he can get to the form he was in last year let alone the form required to become a forward keeper. I am actually thinking he will only be marginally better than his rookie year and if that's the case then he wont be much better than Gumby. The reason why I think this is 1. Adelaide are crud and I think they are being left behind and 2. He has a fitness cloud cearly hampering his performance. Unless he gets some rest I think this will continue.

I think as long as you are able to either 1. Upgrade him to a keeper with spare cash or 2. Downgrade him to Pods/Rocky and upgrade someone like Wright to a keeper (which is what I am doing) then getting rid of him is warranted.

Heyo, being relatively new to understanding how trading in DT really works, I was hoping to get some advice.

When would be the best time to trade out Trengove or Martin to a Lucas or Cunnington? I've used 3 trades (1 to fix Roo and 2 this week: Hall -> Pods / Dangerfield -> Pavlich) and have around 100k in the kitty.

The next plan was to downgrade one of my midfield rookies in Trengove or Martin and upgrade Masten to Gibbs, but I'm not sure when the good time to do this is? Ie - Rookies reach their peak and Gibbs bottoms out.

Any advice would be appreciated :).

Alright all you sound bigfooty brains... Thoughts on what to do... I have a fwd bench of Pods and Gumby, however, I also have Robbie Gray, Zeibell & Dangerfield.

My thoughts are that Rockliff has to come in somewhere this week, however, do I trade Gray given the soft-tissue injuries and he is yet to move on price (profit $200k), trade Dangerfield or Zeibell and resign the last one as my 7th forward ($130k) OR trade Gumby out and take my $50k or run....

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Gray - Rockliff as believe that poor scores in one game have affected Danger and Z.... Thoughts?!?!?

If I downgrade one of my forwards for Rockliff I would have to do it on the basis that he is potential keep and can average about 75 and not get dropped for the rest of the year.

At this point I really feel that could be better than continuing to use LeCras. He's just been useless, doesn't want to touch the ball unless he's running in a goal.

Any chance of either Rockliff or Pods doing a Greg Broughton this year?

Or maybe even both of them?

I know they play different roles in their respective teams but they both play a very DT friendly role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back