DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at my first trades and would like some advice!

DO I trdae out Cox for a Jamar, Natanui, Ottens, Kreuzer (dont want to make another ruck trade after this

or do I make two other trades

Hall or Ziebell or both out and who in? Suggestions? Dangerfield maybe.

Winderlich or Ball out of midfield for a lower priced player eg, mckenzie, conners, scully howlett?

Any ideas???

Cox is a definite concern for owners and i don't think i could blame anyone for downgrading him. Of the lot you mentioned Kruezer is probably the safe bet but Nic Nat probably has a bigger upside, however expect a few low scores.

I wouldn't pull the trigger on any of your other suggestions just yet.

Interesting you went for the set and forget backline with the wealth of cheaper backmen, like Malceski, Kennelly, Waters, Ladson, Hunt.

Hows that going ??? and where have you gone cheaper (midfield rookies or cheap forwards) ???

I wasn't too sold on a lot of the cheaper backmen on durability, but it looks like it could turn out badly with me if Waters & co keep fit and firing. I really cheaped out on the midfield. Looking at the teams, Heath Shaw just made my decision a lot easier.

Hi guys, I have Nathan van Berlo + 80k in the bank. With his back injury (have a feeling he could be out for a few weeks, and/or restricted by it for the rest of the season). I have narrowed down the options to:

Cooney - Has the potential to score massively. Only issue is, when he has a quiet game, he doesn't tend to score well DT-wise. I also already have Boyd & Higgins, so not sure if I should do with the Coon dog and have virtually 3/4 of the Bulldogs main mids!

K Cornes - Mr. Consistency. Can rack up big numbers consistently, even when he isn't finding the footy (see: 15 tackles last week)

L Power - Sneaks under the guard (Black & Rich cop the most attention). Finds the footy, can kick a goal, and often gets loose to take marks. Also a unique pick at 1.96% of teams!

T Boak - Seems to have matured this year. Has really lifted his game a notch, and appears to be getting to the right places. Can also lay multiple tackles regularly, and knows where the goals are. Another unique pick who I quite like.

D Cross, K Simpson, A Selwood have also come into calculations!

Please help me - and with reasons why!

Cooney or wait for a week and get Vince.

Was thinking of doing this with 100k in the kitty:

Hunt-> Silvagni
Matty Campbell-> JBrown

Fell about 5k short so thought about higgins/brennan/murphy but decided against it and kept my trades. Need Stevie J to lift big time as i had the big brown burger in till about the last day and swapped him for SJ :rolleyes:

want a few thoughts on when is too early to upgrade
with lucas and colyer in this week and vince looking to drop 100k by the time the rookies have played 2 games, im considering at the end of round 4:
trengove/martin + bastinac/shuey
for vince + colyer/lucas

my reasoning being
its not that likely a player who averaged 100+ in 09 to be well under 350k unless they have a bigger rut of form than vince...
vince is someone i almost invested in early on, and he will recover from early form and not be any cheaper than that at any stage
he has always been my upgrade target for martin or trengove
lucas is a sort of player who can keep his spot all year from here on in, score well, and still appreciate in value
new rookies and a vince returning to form will appreciate at a higher rate after round 5 than martin/trengove/bastinac/shuey i.e concept of diminishing returns...

im not a fan of early trades... but if im getting who i want at the cheapest price, whats the problem..?

Im so tempted to trade out Ball -> Shuey/Basinac/Conners, and then upgrade Gray or Tippett to J.Brown

Only reason I don't want to is that i will eventually have to burn another trade to upgrade the cash cow i put in.

This thread makes me facepalm so much.

Why are people wasting trades on sideways trades?

I have made a few selection mistakes including choosing Cassisi, Wright and Tippet but I'm not going to go trading all the guys out just because they're scoring low and their prices will drop.

Cassisi I chose as a premium, he has been tagged this year so he has not scored that well but he was able to average 100 last year so I have faith that he will be able to lift his DT performances. Even though he has been tagged in the last two games Port has still managed to win both of them so teams may think that tagging Cassisi is not the answer.

In regards to Wright, Scott has guarenteed the younger players at North game time. He is at the moment being taught a harsh lesson on playing accountable football playing on small pacy forwards. Wright is a midfielder with a beautiful kick. He will eventually be released into the midfield where I'm hoping he can increase his scoring output. One thing is certain is that he will be playing.

Tippett will be a star of the game. Adelaide as a whole have started the year poorly. Once Adelaide start improving and Tippett is allowed to play his forward role you will see a huge increase in scores. I have heard rumours about his knee soreness but at the moment they are only rumours.

You'd think a coach wouldn't play a player if they think a potential replacement would be better.

Until I see Tippett's name on the injury list or he's being omitted from the team sheet I wouldn't read too much into that tbh.

I agree with you the only trouble is what if the tendinitos gets worse? Players play with injury all the time, and as for not being on the injury list thats not suprising as it is probelry still only minor, although there is not certinity that it won't get worse, and casue him to miss games at some point. which is what wories me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that is worrying of course :(

I'm holding onto him for now - if there's ever a time for Tippett to bounce back, it's against Melbourne with Knights back and Adelaide's stars gaining match fitness...

reasonable trading mitch clark for sandilands?

and having made that trade should I trade Luke.Ball out for Jordie Mckenzie before prices change next week. That would leave me with three rookies in Barlow,Martin and Mckenzie on the field though it would make me extra $$$.

I will trade him if hes gone fore 3 or more. So ATM looks likely he will go.

So the injuries hit. Those people who wasted trades last week will soon find out that they will lose trades very quickly.

There are a few forward options and a large number of teams have Roo, so it's not that catastrophic.

Still, it's a trade...

So very glad i didn't do any trades this week! Held off on the Brown trade, will happen next week :thumbsu:

Also thankyou Mr Luke Ball for stepping it up this week :)

Round 6 or 7.

Trades

Out: Bastinac and Shuey
In: Hayes/Swan + Cunnington

May backfire, as Cunnington has had 25+ in his last 3 VFL games, and is playing Coburg first up tomorrow, he could be in next week.

May backfire, as Cunnington has had 25+ in his last 3 VFL games, and is playing Coburg first up tomorrow, he could be in next week.

but it takes 3 week before he will rise in price. Seems like a good plan IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back