Retiring Dustin Martin tells Richmunt to GAGF

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey can you elaborate on what the GF viewcount numbers in your sig mean?
I assume it's how many times you've watched each of those grand finals replays?

Correct

And I haven't updated the counter in years so the counter is out of date.

I am employed :)
It's pretty easy to rack up the viewings, something I started in full force with the 2014 grand final (watched it live, then 3 more times after that).

I watched the 2008 grand final once a day, for a few while when the dvd came out.

IMG_0351.gif

Wouldn't want to injure yourself before your juicy Gold Coast Suns contract comes through, would ya?
“Richmond’s public position is that there’s nothing to see here, we still hope and expect him to play this week and for the remainder of his contract. I can tell you tonight that there is frustration building internally with how the last few weeks has played (out) with Dustin Martin,” he said.​
“Richmond would love for him to play at least one more time and have a farewell game, but it’s my belief, speaking to people close to Dustin Martin, speaking to multiple people at Richmond today, speaking to people at the Gold Coast Suns today, that he won’t play at Punt Road beyond this season.”​
The three-time flag winner played his 300th AFL game in a Round 14 loss to Hawthorn but has since missed trips to Perth and Adelaide, as well as a home bout with GWS.​
McClure said Martin’s commitment levels at Punt Road have to an extent diminished.​
“Clearly, with his lack of training and lack of coming to the club in recent weeks, there is a belief at Richmond — whether they publicly admit it or not — that he has, to some degree, checked out of that part of his career,” he said."​

If we get a couple of decent draft picks for him I have no issues with him moving on, he has more than repayed my club with his wonderful service.

You won't get sweet fanny Adams for Dusty age. He will retire from Richmond than join Gold Coast as a delisted free agent aka how Luke Hodge joined Brisbane

If we get a couple of decent draft picks for him I have no issues with him moving on, he has more than repayed my club with his wonderful service.

He has more than repaid your club, and will always be in the utter top handful of players I've seen, but I can't see much coming back your way for him after how he's gone this year.

I'm sure you'll be fine, any Richmond supporter who wants to cry about it will feel better when they remember there's 3 premiership cups to collect their tears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He saw the writing on the wall and the writing said 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Richmunt flogs will try to tell us he owes them nothing and that he's going with their best wishes, but inside they're seething he's going to jump off their sinking ship like Hardwick did.

He'll be eating grass with Rowelly in no time!

Lol thanks to Dusty for the 3 premierships and elimination of Geelong in each 2017, 2019 and 20 in doing so.

Lol thanks to Dusty for the 3 premierships and elimination of Geelong in each 2017, 2019 and 20 in doing so.

Dusty owes Richmond nothing, but I got no doubt there will be a minority of ratbags on your board and Tigers online community in general who will turn on him once he signs with The Suns.

Your tax woes are none of concern bummer.
this isn't tax woes mate, this is unpaid super.

for you; superannuation is a way of saving for retirement. Your employer must pay a percentage of your earnings into your super account, and your super fund invests the money until you retire. There are lots of different super funds out there, and different types of accounts.

if you have a job, you'd be getting paid super!

Dusty owes Richmond nothing, but I got no doubt there will be a minority of ratbags on your board and Tigers online community in general who will turn on him once he signs with The Suns.
Yeh unfortunately every club have them sorts of supporters, you are right though. Dusty 2024,2025 not the same as 2017-20 makes it easier for me anyhow.

Dusty is the GOAT

If he wants to move to Thailand, capture snakes and enter in weird stick fighting tournaments (like in Rambo III) he should be allowed to do so.

In all seriousness, Dusty is up there with Carey as the best finals/big game player I have ever seen.

I think Plugger Lockett is overall the best player I have ever seen (his presence and aura on field was nothing I have never seen before or since at AFL level) and Carey, GAS and GAJ, SOS , Pendles and Diesel round out the other best players I have seen in my lifetime along with Dusty)

I have been critical of his previous behaviour (most notably chopsticks gate) but from all reports he has been a model citizen off field ever since.

I wish him happiness and serenity going fowards, I know the passing of his father hit him hard.

He will be missed once his on field career is over.

Dusty is the GOAT

If he wants to move to Thailand, capture snakes and enter in weird stick fighting tournaments (like in Rambo III) he should be allowed to do so.
Dusty as the new Rambo now that would be good. Rambo Dusty vs Dangerfield we know how that turns out.

Yeh unfortunately every club have them sorts of supporters, you are right though. Dusty 2024,2025 not the same as 2017-20 makes it easier for me anyhow.

He will always be remembered as a Tiger legend/goat through and through. No one remembers Michael Jordan as a Washington Wizard or Tom Brady Buccaneer (despite winning a ring there) or Lionel Messi at Inter Miami. (He is a Barcelona goat for life)

Remove this Banner Ad

Retiring Dustin Martin tells Richmunt to GAGF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back