Dustin Martins first 34 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

First off, Rather Fyfe

Secondly, His first 34 matches are no where near Judd, dont just use "better XX games then Judd" to draw attention, its obvious that you never watched him early, Same with Selwood, He walked into a very strong midfield and not only held his own, but was a genuine leader

Thirdly, yes he;s a very good player. will be multiple AA by his career end

At the same age, Martin averages five disposals a game more, 1 - 1.5 marks a game more, and half a goal a game more.

Don't stress though, you aren't the first to grossly overrate Judd.

Wow this all comes out after one great game of five goals against cellar dwellers Brisbane..
No doubting hes going to be a champion but why is there a need to compare? Fyfe is having a better year IMHO.

Better than Selwoods....

Better than Judds....

If he can simply continue this form he will finish this season as the best second year player in the the last 30 years.....

If he is not in AA considerations it's a joke.....

How many games have richmond won since he debut? Compared to Joel Selwood??
Enough said.

I think Fyfe is having a much more consistent year than Martin but when Martin has his "big" games then I think they far eclipse those of Fyfes. But you would have to say Fyfe is having the better year so far.

this is all because of a few stand out games against poor teams, so definitely not comparable

yep we have played 34 poor teams...... on that logic than Selwood shouldn't be considered at all because he only played against poor teams.... is it ******** day at Carton today??

Interesting in the fact Jude Bolton labelled Judd, Selwood and Martin are the three hardest players to tackle. Judd for his speed, Selwood for his strength and Martin for his fend off. To even be mentioned in the same category as Judd and Selwood it really shows how good he is. Will be a champion player in the future, as will Fyfe give them 5 more years to start comparing the two.

He is yet to tackle ablett so he cant compare

At the same age, Martin averages five disposals a game more, 1 - 1.5 marks a game more, and half a goal a game more.
Cool Story Bro. would you also Consider brady Rawlings a better player then Scott Pendlebury since he has more disposals, marks then him?

Stats mean crap sometimes dude, As in my origional post, Watch the game, make the judgement, Here is some games you might remember from Judd

Against brisbane in 03- Kicked 5 goals in the first half, against one of the greatest teams ever at their home, absolutly ripped the heart out of a champion team,

Had an AFLPA best first year player and came second in the eagles F&B, please lets be realistic

Interesting in the fact Jude Bolton labelled Judd, Selwood and Martin are the three hardest players to tackle. Judd for his speed, Selwood for his strength and Martin for his fend off. To even be mentioned in the same category as Judd and Selwood it really shows how good he is. Will be a champion player in the future, as will Fyfe give them 5 more years to start comparing the two.

Selwood's only hard to tackle because you're so scared of giving a free away with his head at your waist.

I'd say Judd, Martin, Dangerfield, Ablett and Griffen would lead a tackles evaded stat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, anyone can skew stats to make them support any argument they want.

If he can be half as good as Selwood, Richmond are lucky!

Half as good!!?? think you'll find he's already close to AS good. Give him a little bit of time but can kick goals which has never been a huge part of Selwoods game. Too busy ducking for free's.

Fyfe doesn't compare to Martin. Fyfe hasn't received anywhere near the midfield responsibility nor opposition attention as Martin has to date. Teams already understand his importance to the Tigers already where Fyfe, despite his occassional acts of brilliance, is still a peripheral player.

I would like to know the peoples opinions on best 7th year footballer since 1990.

yep we have played 34 poor teams......

it was only in round 5 against north melbourne when i first noticed martin, and yes that is a poor team. so since then he has been playing pretty good footy with only a few games that have stood out. honestly you wouldnt say that every single game he has played has been eye catching

Cool Story Bro. would you also Consider brady Rawlings a better player then Scott Pendlebury since he has more disposals, marks then him?

Stats mean crap sometimes dude, As in my origional post, Watch the game, make the judgement, Here is some games you might remember from Judd

Against brisbane in 03- Kicked 5 goals in the first half, against one of the greatest teams ever at their home, absolutly ripped the heart out of a champion team,

Had an AFLPA best first year player and came second in the eagles F&B, please lets be realistic

I'd say Martin is having just as big impact at the tigers without the support of Kerr Cousins and an All Australian Ruckman.
And if he continues the numbers he is getting he will smash Judds second year....

I'd say Martin is having just as big impact at the tigers without the support of Kerr Cousins and an All Australian Ruckman.
And if he continues the numbers he is getting he will smash Judds second year....

Forget numbers and stats mate, they can be irrelevant as mentioned above. Just under 10 years ago Judd had his second season the game was completely different, like you could remember his impact back then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dustin Martins first 34 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back