Dusty watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandy you are kidding right.
Rioli was a triple premiership player at 23. Surely he's got enough winning ways tickets

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's what I'm saying
I was hoping we would get both with some trade picks
Now Rioli's manager is gonna stick us like a pig on a spit because he knows no-one else is going to come and we're desperate for an A grade trade

Agree but Martin is absolutely cooked mentally apparently.

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was probably the steak knives with Rioli
I just want to believe there's a player who will come to us and change our DNA
I'm not even sold on Rioli
I'm probably more hot on Oliver.
At some point we have to say we're mature enough as a Club to take on a potential problem child .
GWS has turned Jesse Hogan the biggest headcase in AFL history into a consistent dangerous power forward
We let Hollands go why?because we thought he'd turn Witter or Touk into drug addicts?
Oliver turns games off his own boot.Has won a premiership.

I’ll just point this out.

Nothing from Dimma re, Dusty today.

He has made posts on Twitter about all the rising star noms, Dusty’s 300th and Brando’s retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ll just point this out.

Nothing from Dimma re, Dusty today.

He has made posts on Twitter about all the rising star noms, Dusty’s 300th and Brando’s retirement.
Keep your eyes peeled and cameras ready, ladies and gents. I have a funny feeling a photo of Dusty and Dimma together on the Gold Coast will emerge in the coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty may still have something to offer as a forward if he can be talked into coming to the gc? (I still think its on)

https://x.com/joeldav23
Joel Davies
@joeldav23 (Daniel Hoyne on SEN this morning gave some absolutely insane Dusty stats & I'm gonna drop them in the thread below)

*Over a 15 year period., 69 times he's had 20 plus disposals and 2 + goals in a game. That's 10 more than any other player over the last 15 years.Gary Ablett is next with 59 times. And Danger after that. with 58 times.It's a significant gap between him & two hall of famers.

*He's had 377 broken tackles over a 15 year campaign. The next most is Jack Viney on 213.It's 164 more than any other player over a 15 year period.

*So over the last 15 years over his whole career, he's won 49% of one-on-one contests.The next highest player is 42%. Nat Fyfe, Dangerfield next at 41%. 49% to 42%.It is outrageous how much of a better one-on-one player he has been over a 15 year career

*What would the average be for a player? 25%.25, yeah.So he's double?He's double.And those top three, most would have them as the top three players of the last eight, 10 years.

*So then you look at what he does when he's been a target inside forward 50. So when Richmond have gone to him over his 15 years, they've scored a goal 30% of the time. No other player has done that in 15 years.He's been the best forward 50 target in 15 years.
*Give me your average for average forward.Average around about 17, 18%. So again, he's close to double. The returns that you get when Richmond have gone to him as a forward 50 player.

*He has been the number 1 rated player on the ground for five consecutive matches at his peak. In the back, in his 2020 final series, to the start of 2021.Only Dangerfield has done that for five consecutive matches over a 15 year stretch.
His 2017 grand final comes up as the second highest rated grand final of all time. So if we compare Luke Shuey's 2018 grand final is miles ahead of anyone else’Dusty comes in at number two. His 2017 grand final.

*What was the player rating number?30. So to put this to people that are here, if you get a 15 AFL player rating game, that's an all Australian type game. You get a 20, it's wow factor.
You get a 30, it's just, let's just go back and just keep watching that grand final or that performance over and over and over again. There might only be four or five or six times in a season, you get a 30. So to get it on grand final day, it's ridiculous.

*2020 GF comes up as the 6th best GF, if you extrapolate that out to a full match (non 16 min quarters) that actually comes out as the 2nd best GF. It was a 32 rated game. Then his 2019 GF comes out as the 12th best GF. So those 3 GF performances come out in the 12 best.

*He has been the number one rated player on the ground six times in finals.No other players done that.
QF 2020 against Brisbane, they loseRichmond are in a bit of trouble. They've lost their first final. Richmond don't do that“He wakes up and goes, number #1 in the semi, number #1 in the PF, number #1 in the GF.Full house. To just go whack, whack, whack and bring home a flag.

Last edited:
AFL brought in a rule after Hodge that if your retire you must wait 12 months before being picked up by a SSP or draft situation.
He isn't coming folks.
That the word 'retirement' wasnt used in the press release matter? just asking...

Martins entire personal statement. It comes under a heading he did not write. I contend he hasnt stated he is retiring from Football.

(Media Heading) Martin’s retirement is effective immediately.

“It is hard to put into words what the Richmond Football Club means to me, I love this place so much," Martin said in a club statement.

“I will be forever grateful for the love and the support I have received from the people here.

“To my teammates, the brotherhood that we all share is what I value most as well as the bond with the staff and coaches… thank you to all of you.

“To my family and friends thank you for your unconditional love and support.

“To the Tiger Army, I have always felt so loved and supported throughout my career and for that I will be forever grateful. The memories that we have created together will live with me forever. Thank you.”

Martins entire personal statement. It comes under a heading he did not write. I contend he hasnt stated he is retiring from Football.

(Media Heading) Martin’s retirement is effective immediately.

“It is hard to put into words what the Richmond Football Club means to me, I love this place so much," Martin said in a club statement.

“I will be forever grateful for the love and the support I have received from the people here.

“To my teammates, the brotherhood that we all share is what I value most as well as the bond with the staff and coaches… thank you to all of you.

“To my family and friends thank you for your unconditional love and support.

“To the Tiger Army, I have always felt so loved and supported throughout my career and for that I will be forever grateful. The memories that we have created together will live with me forever. Thank you.”

He has retired. He isn't playing for anyone next year.

He has retired. He isn't playing for anyone next year.

He hasnt said that. He released a short statement, in which he thanks Richmond players, fans and admin. Thats it. No mention of retirement.

Its all MEDIA talk. He didnt even do a press conference. HE HAS NOT STATED HE IS RETIRING FROM FOOTBALL. All he has said is 'thank you' to Richmond for the memories and that he wont be there next season.

Media is SOOOOOO full of shit. Cant believe a word they utter. Its all their words. Their 'interpretation'. Dusty on his part has done nothing except gain distance between this announcement and the next.

*Never said the word 'retire', or made a statement that implies it. So there is your SSP clause out the window.
* Never turned up to his press conference where he would have had to expand on the original statement.
*Media are the ones who have said he is retiring. Not Dusty. That means shit. At an AFL tribunal, he wins. Words matter.
*Dimmer has freed up the #4 Jersey...

Im 95% sure he will be at the suns for the pre season. The 5% doubt i hold is for my concern he does a career ending groin injury at Ibiza...

I stand by my last post.
He is following the script wrote 6 months ago.
He has discontinued career without retiring.
He’s not doing a farewell game as that would be cruel.

He’s having time out and then returning from discontinuing later in the year.

It’s the script.

He didn’t retire. He was stood down indefinitely, I think, by the club.

I hope this blows up in St Kilda’s face though. In no universe should this be a chance of happening, yet here we are…

You talking about TT. I think the article is about Liam Shiels?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back