Dusty watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Tigers fans are not happy with the Suns possible sharing their best shiny toy. Regardless, if it did happen, will be an upgrade to our list. Interesting times.

I guess Tigers fans are not happy with the Suns possible sharing their best shiny toy. Regardless, if it did happen, will be an upgrade to our list. Interesting times.
Understatement of the year, some are calling for them to demand 6,12 and 20 for Rioli for this outrage, it’s Armageddon. Hilarious

The gnashing of teeth and clenching of fists is a delight to see

Understatement of the year, some are calling for them to demand 6,12 and 20 for Rioli for this outrage, it’s Armageddon. Hilarious

The gnashing of teeth and clenching of fists is a delight to see
Didn't have issues securing our Captain in his prime, won 3 flags. We possible are securing both players out of their prime years and is like we are to be punished. Bunch of delusional muppets.

Didn't have issues securing our Captain in his prime, won 3 flags. We possible are securing both players out of their prime years and is like we are to be punished. Bunch of delusional muppets.
Exactly. They had zero sympathy for us when they took our captain Lynch in his prime or our second best mid Prestia when he was about to enter his prime. They're just struggling with the idea that something similar is happening to them and they can't handle it. It's a superiority complex.

They benefitted from Dimma's ability to recruit players for over a decade. Now it's their turn to experience the other side of footy.

Exactly. They had zero sympathy for us when they took our captain Lynch in his prime or our second best mid Prestia when he was about to enter his prime. They're just struggling with the idea that something similar is happening to them and they can't handle it. It's a superiority complex.

They benefitted from Dimma's ability to recruit players for over a decade. Now it's their turn to experience the other side of footy.
Honestly most of the Richmond supporters are wishing them well but like all clubs we have our idiots that hang on to sh!t for no reason.

We have enjoyed a great period to win 3 flags with these people including Grigga /Rance
I wish Rioli Dimma & Rusty well for the future and hope you guys will wish our picks #6 & #12 the same

Dusty is my favorite Richmond player of all time just Infront of Richo , KB & Raines
Hope you guys win a flag and Dusty gets a 4th Norm Smith

Honestly most of the Richmond supporters are wishing them well but like all clubs we have our idiots that hang on to sh!t for no reason.

We have enjoyed a great period to win 3 flags with these people including Grigga /Rance
I wish Rioli Dimma & Rusty well for the future and hope you guys will wish our picks #6 & #12 the same

Dusty is my favorite Richmond player of all time just Infront of Richo , KB & Raines
Hope you guys win a flag and Dusty gets a 4th Norm Smith
6 and 12 you say is Bolton coming to the Suns as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Money talks...
3-time Norm Smith... You got Hardwick, only reason that Dusty is thinking about it

You guys are the Bears all over again.
That's all good & well but the Suns have never played finals before, they should have made it this year. Dimma has lost the plot imo only need to look at the Suns B&F speech. the best coaches are eccentric coaches, but he has had a mid-life crisis and gone loopy.
I'm gonna point these two out as the proverbial "snake nailed to the door" here.

The Dusty story is headline news to the club and will bring posters of other teams on to throw their two bobs with in.

These posters will be tolerated so long as theyre seen to be posting in good faith, otherwise they'll actually nailed to the door.

Suns posters - Treat guests with decorum, the mod team will handle anything deemed over the top but a differening opinion from an oppo does not automatically mean they deserve to be run out of town on a rail.

Hey hust fiving you use a coasts
I cannot wait for ... Cam i Kick BT...
(
This on the other hand... Brother, Get yourself checked for a stroke.

Do you guys hate marvel yet or nah?
Who says we ever stopped? ;)

Struggling to remember the last time I saw an obsession quite like the one Richmond fan’s have for Hardwick. It was kinda funny Round 0, just tragically pathetic now considering the success they saw.
Tigers fans melting is hilarious, grown adults crying after naming their dog and sons after Dusty :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Big Bad Dimma Daddy gonna take their dogs and sons too. The Suns Academy gonna be CHOCKED.

Some interesting details in this article.

Dustin Martin must convince Gold Coast of his motivation to return to AFL football to be offered deal​

Dustin Martin will be asked to convince the Gold Coast of his desire to play on as the details of a potential contract offer come to light.

Gold Coast will ask Dustin Martin whether he is simply bored post-retirement or up for the huge challenge of bouncing back from a poor 2024 as they consider offering him a modest one-year contract.

And the Suns will have to examine how they would actually secure the retired Richmond player given uncertainty about whether he is a delisted free agent.

Martin would have to play for less than a quarter of his 2024 contract given the Suns cap is tight after securing Mac Andrew on a lucrative deal and extensions are ahead for Sam Collins, Matt Rowell and Charlie Ballard.

The club might end up offering Martin less than $300,000 in what would be a real test of his desire to play on with the Gold Coast.

Dusty will have to convince the club that he's actually motivated to play for us next year and it may be for less than $300k.
Martin is keen to get out of Melbourne and the Gold Coast shapes as an ideal location given he has spent plenty of time in his off-seasons training in that area.

But while coach Hardwick is keen on Martin, the Suns would ask probing questions about whether the 33-year-old has a full pre-season and then 26-week home-and-away season in him.

He would need to convince the club of his reasons for playing on given Martin’s very presence on an AFL list provides a circus befitting his huge status in the game.

We want him to complete a full pre-season and the 26 week home and away season + any potential finals.

But in the end Martin is a very high-side, very low-risk play for the Suns, which is why it is more likely to occur.

The Suns are also tight for list spots given their rookie list will reduce in size after AFL allowances are phased out.

If Martin has signed a form 40 officially retiring then he is not an unrestricted free agent.

The Suns have not yet inquired about his official contract status, but after Luke Hodge unretired himself Brisbane used pick 44 to secure him in exchange for picks 43 and 75.

Richmond can hardly complain given it took Suns co-captain Tom Lynch from the Suns.

But having to trade for Martin might add another complication to the Suns.

Richmond said in its statement when the triple Norm Smith Medallist retired that “Martin has retired with immediate effect”.
Still some mystery surrounding his retirement status and how we would actually acquire him.

Some interesting details in this article.

Dusty will have to convince the club that he's actually motivated to play for us next year and it may be for less than $300k.

We want him to complete a full pre-season and the 26 week home and away season + any potential finals.

Still some mystery surrounding his retirement status and how we would actually acquire him.
This is a nothing article, the club would already know if he is serious, personally I think this has been the plan for more than a year.

Those that have been around a few years will know that Evans told me 2 years ago that Coasty Martin was enquiring about moving to the Suns, once Dimma was here it was on like Donky Kong

Last edited:
Morris on SEN today.

“There’s been a little bit of misinformation around Dustin Martin. He can go to Gold Coast as a free agent, so people comparing this to the Luke Hodge situation, that’s not accurate,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“If you’re going to compare it to anything, it’s Liam Shiels from Hawthorn to North Melbourne. The paperwork for retirements doesn’t get lodged until late October.

“That means that Dusty can change his mind as many times as he wants between now and then and get to the Suns as a free agent.

“In terms of compensation for Richmond if it does happen, it’s unlikely to be anything because he’s in the top age bracket and he probably won’t get paid more than the average AFL wage, maybe even less. I’ve been told all year that the only way he gets to the Suns is if he’s happy to be on $300,000.

“This can get done. If he wants to get to the Suns and if they want him, there’s nothing that can stand in their way.

“This has been pushed by the Dusty camp. Even when he retired, it was the Dusty camp talking about maybe getting to the Suns.”

Morris on SEN today.

“There’s been a little bit of misinformation around Dustin Martin. He can go to Gold Coast as a free agent, so people comparing this to the Luke Hodge situation, that’s not accurate,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“If you’re going to compare it to anything, it’s Liam Shiels from Hawthorn to North Melbourne. The paperwork for retirements doesn’t get lodged until late October.

“That means that Dusty can change his mind as many times as he wants between now and then and get to the Suns as a free agent.

“In terms of compensation for Richmond if it does happen, it’s unlikely to be anything because he’s in the top age bracket and he probably won’t get paid more than the average AFL wage, maybe even less. I’ve been told all year that the only way he gets to the Suns is if he’s happy to be on $300,000.

“This can get done. If he wants to get to the Suns and if they want him, there’s nothing that can stand in their way.

“This has been pushed by the Dusty camp. Even when he retired, it was the Dusty camp talking about maybe getting to the Suns.”

I don’t think Dusty will get out of bed for $300,000 tbh.

I’d personally be open for us to pay his full salary of $500,000-$700,000 for a good pick.

Rioli + Full Dusty Salary for 6 and 12 would be fair imo.

I’d personally be open for us to pay his full salary of $500,000-$700,000 for a good pick.

Why would we give you a pick for an uncontracted free agent in Coasty Martin to pay the AFL average wage, delusional and entitled

You’re already getting a Kings ransom for Rioli in pick 6 and I can only assume that’s to cover a large part of his wage

Last edited:

He is a free agent, why would we give you a pick.

Dusty is a free agent… how can this possibly work.

If Tigers will pay for Rioli to play for us for 2 years then maybe it’s worth it. But I will still say you are so delusional if you think either club would allow that

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back