Dwayne ' shit commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

During the Port vs Collingwood game he said that Schulz was probably the best player Port had ever got from another club as they hadn't had much luck in that department.

Wanganeen, Pickett, Primus, Wakelin and Hardwick can't hold a candle to Schulzy. Thats just off the top of my head.

In the Geelong game last night he said the conditions were "bizarre".

It wasn't bizarre Dwayne, it was torrential rain. It's called climate. You fecking imbecile.

In the Geelong game last night he said the conditions were "bizarre".

It wasn't bizarre Dwayne, it was torrential rain. It's called climate. You fecking imbecile.

It's actually called weather. :thumbsu: But it's Dwayne, so the point still stands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've recently discovered the joy is watching footy with no sound at all. Quite remarkable how much more you notice. I swear there is a part of my brain that just goes dormant when I have stupid people saying stupid things just to be saying something, or describing exactly what I can see clearly with my own eyes.

"Taylor Walker has never... kicked... 6 goals... in a Showdown before."

"Brenton Sanderson coaches his first... Showdown... win."

"A lot of Port players in their first Showdown tonight."

"All of South Australia is watching this Showdown."

"All of Australia is watching this Showdown."

"Haven't seen Chad Wingard do so well in a Showdown before!"

Christ. Bring back the Bristle for Showdowns and Derbies, please. I shudder to think what Dwayne will do for the Derby.

it wouldn't have been a pass though. it's known as a "short".

As is any pass under 50m it seems. One Port player "shorted it" to another about 40m away last night.

And don't forget "The Hoff, goes off!"

The most depressing thing about his commentary is that it gets immortalized with the games. If anyone ever wants to rewatch that showdown, or any other game he's done, or for that matter even just a highlights package, they have to sit through that rubbish. Thank whatever god is available that he hasn't been able to finagle a Grand Final job.

"Every Showdown has a moment, and that just might've been it!" (said after a standard set shot was converted, well after the game had been iced)

You pick up on a strong air of embarassment among the fellow commentators now. Whenever Dwayne's head explodes over nothing, there is a decent pause before one of the co-commentators offers up his services to bring things back to reality. His calls are littered with awkward silences.

"Taylor Walker has never... kicked... 6 goals... in a Showdown before."

"Brenton Sanderson coaches his first... Showdown... win."

"A lot of Port players in their first Showdown tonight."

"All of South Australia is watching this Showdown."

"All of Australia is watching this Showdown."

"Haven't seen Chad Wingard do so well in a Showdown before!"

Christ. Bring back the Bristle for Showdowns and Derbies, please. I shudder to think what Dwayne will do for the Derby.

What a nob. The bolded is the absolute pick of the bunch though.

Maybe it's because it's his first ever Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide match?

Plus how many showdowns has Taylor Walker played in? 4 maybe? The build up he gave to him kicking 5 was completely out of whack. It's hard to see how he could be any stupider.

What a nob. The bolded is the absolute pick of the bunch though.

Maybe it's because it's his first ever Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide match?

I made that one up to exaggerate my point. :eek:

Although Russell deserves the vitriol, so fire away. :p

Apparently half of our side grew up supporting Port.

No mention of little Chaddy Wingard, Port's great draft pick hope, who grew up supporting the Crows. :rolleyes:

My personal fave in yesterday's Derwayne-a-thon was this one:

Boundary rider: "Van Berlo's off with ice on a corky."
Derwayne: "Unusual for a captain to be subbed off at this point in the game."

Unless, of course, Derwayne, he's off with a corky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne ' shit commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Back