Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how Hawks could satisfy port or gws with basically a late first rounder not even next years would be enough unless they pony up both.Obviously players need to be involved.Gws would basically get that sort of pick in compo next year anyway.

Not sure how Hawks could satisfy port or gws with basically a late first rounder not even next years would be enough unless they pony up both.Obviously players need to be involved.Gws would basically get that sort of pick in compo next year anyway.
but their salary cap pressure is this year

It feels like GWS are asking Shiel to move on because of their salary cap situation - reckon our 1st rounder and a small amount of pick shuffling will get that one done - same cost at Mitchell.

Wingard - Port want 2 1st rounders, but they have put him on the table, he didn't ask to leave. Reckon a future 1st and a 2nd rounder this year (and possibly one of our fringe SA talls in O'Brien, Brand or Schoey) gets the job done. Port still end up better off than FA compo in 12 months time.

Wonder how much we get for Rioli if he decides to play on next year? Might have more picks for a 3rd role player type to come in.

Reckon we can easily get both deals done.
Lels cool story bro

So you're saying Carlton have no chance of success in the next 4 -5 years?

Accept it mate.

The wise opposition supporters and their bestowed gift of 'hindsight' turned them into fortune tellers.

Carlton have no young talent coming through and each of Essendon, GWS, Hawthorn and St. Kilda are not only expected to win the next 4 flags but 20 each before blues win number 17.

Blues fans keep trotting this out... The Blues did us no favours, they came out of that trade well. Professional AFL clubs don't make bad trades to help out mates.

Point still remains, without the blues the trade period ends without the hawks getting JOM.

And yes we helped you out, we didn’t have to include you in our trades, we could have accomplished them without you.

Every year I keep hearing Hawks don’t have the hand to get trades done, yet, we do high level trading more than any!!!???? Go figure!

We usually kick-off trade week also, by leading the way in showing others how to get it done.

One-up-man-ship is so over-rated.

Every year I keep hearing Hawks don’t have the hand to get trades done, yet, we do high level trading more than any!!!???? Go figure!

The main reason I think Hawthorn won't get Shiel is because they're working on something else. I don't think anyone here is doubting their ability to get a deal done

We usually kick-off trade week also, by leading the way in showing others how to get it done.

One-up-man-ship is so over-rated.

Sometimes I think you hawks supporters are just as delusional as crows supporters when it comes to trades.

Someone else said it best up thread, to get both wingard and Shiel you need enough trade pick currency.

Your first this year will be late first rounder, next year most likely late first rounder as well.

So that means you have 2 picks around the 15 mark at he lowest to trade with.

Thats probably not even enough to satisfy Port giving you Wingard, let alone GWS giving you Shiel as well.

So you either trade out some players worth some currency in picks, or keep dreaming that these clubs will just hand you these players for nothing lol

The main reason I think Hawthorn won't get Shiel is because they're working on something else. I don't think anyone here is doubting their ability to get a deal done

I never realised that clubs were limited to one trade per season....I'm guessing all of Smith, Stringer & Saad were a 'package-deal'....Yes, pun intended.

I never realised that clubs were limited to one trade per season....I'm guessing all of Smith, Stringer & Saad were a 'package-deal'....Yes, pun intended.

Stringer and Saad we made happen without using a first round pick.

And I'm more saying that you may end up prioritising others rather than ruling out you landing multiples.

And I'm more saying that you may end up prioritising others rather than ruling out you landing multiples.

Don’t bother explaining to them anymore, they think that they can just decide they want all these players and other clubs will just give them whatever they want even if they don’t have the trade currency lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more than one way to skin a Cat....We now have futures trading on top of all the already pre-existing traditional forms of getting deals done.

It ultimately comes down to player preference, as we all know in this age of player-power.....Clubs know this & have adapted to the notion of trading players 12 months earlier, so as to maintain some kind of bargaining chip on maximising their return on investment.

There's more than one way to skin a Cat....We now have futures trading on top of all the already pre-existing traditional forms of getting deals done.

It ultimately comes down to player preference, as we all know in this age of player-power.....Clubs know this & have adapted to the notion of trading players 12 months earlier, so as to maintain some kind of bargaining chip on maximising their return on investment.

Ok so tell us genius, what do you have available that will be enough to satisfy Port for the wingard trade?

And what do you have available that you think will be enough to satisfy GWS for the shiel trade?

Ok so tell us genius, what do you have available that will be enough to satisfy Port for the wingard trade?

And what do you have available that you think will be enough to satisfy GWS for the shiel trade?

You know it’s not that hard for Hawthorn to get Wingard next year as a free agent, right? It will be Port’s loss because his value next year will be a lot less then what it currently is.

Because it's becoming increasingly obvious that none of Carlton, Essendon or St.Kilda have been able to sway him.....LOL.
He has always been coming to carlton, your club has just been used throughout this entire process.

It is GWS that want the deal done now and there is no way they take your pick 15 over a top 5 pick from carlton.

Hawthorn can easily get a trade done if they decide on who they deem to be more important going forward. Is it Shiel or is it Wingard? There’s plenty of time to come up with a reasonable trade that works out well for all parties involved. If they focus on just one player they can get a trade done this off-season and there’s a fair chance one of those two will be at the Hawks next month.
Of course you can get one, I was saying how hard it will be to get both!

Point still remains, without the blues the trade period ends without the hawks getting JOM.

And yes we helped you out, we didn’t have to include you in our trades, we could have accomplished them without you.
The same could be said about every trade by that logic, the point is Carlton did not do us a favour. They made a trade to help them self like all clubs do.

He has always been coming to carlton, your club has just been used throughout this entire process.

It is GWS that want the deal done now and there is no way they take your pick 15 over a top 5 pick from carlton.
I thought it was Shiel who decides what club he plays for, not GWS?

It’s the exact reason that you’re now in this situation this year. Eventually it comes to a head and you run out of wiggle room to make multiple big trades happen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shiel contracted limits his ability to move to his prefered club. Of course Shiel when nominating a club will say his preference is x club but in reality backroom negotiations b/w player, manager & club would have settled on a ‘preference’ that suits all parties & y club will not be known. As such, the club with the ability & willingness to trade the chips GWS demand will obtain Shiel next year & beyond.

Hawks don’t have the picks, Carlton will not trade pick 1 nor will GWS accept a future pick & the Bombers are not in the conversation because their offer to Shiel is unacceptable.

Welcome to the StK FC club Dylan Shiel.

Last edited:
I’ve heard Dylan has met with the saints hawks and bombers already.
Meets with cfc in the next cupla days.
To some this suggests one thing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back