Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He is currently undecided?
The hawks and bombers have little room in the cap and not a lot to trade,the saints are a bit of a rabble and we are crap,but we look after ours when the footy career is done!
Yeh,I don’t think he’s worked out what he wants!

The hawks and bombers have little room in the cap and not a lot to trade,the saints are a bit of a rabble and we are crap,but we look after ours when the footy career is done!
Both the Bombers and Hawks have enough in their cap for Shiel.
Neither are desperate enough to match the supposed offers from Carlton or the Saints though.

Can’t speak for the Hawks but we have plenty of room in the cap. We will not however blow it out with something over the top for any player IMO.
I would guess the Hawks are in the same boat. If he wants crazy money then off to Carlton or the Saints he is

Can’t speak for the Hawks but we have plenty of room in the cap. We will not however blow it out with something over the top for any player IMO.
I would guess the Hawks are in the same boat. If he wants crazy money then off to Carlton or the Saints he is
Im surprised you dont have heaps of cap room given the savings mechanisms now allowed (banking space like SOS has done) and the fact that you do not have that much elite talent to pay.

Perhaps your load has been blown for the Package?

Im surprised you dont have heaps of cap room given the savings mechanisms now allowed (banking space like SOS has done) and the fact that you do not have that much elite talent to pay.

Yeah, nah. Jake’s not on that much. Highest paid are Hurley and Hooker at present (both AA defenders) on about what Curnow is.

I wonder how GWS will end up playing this one, as they appear to have a pretty strong hand. A la Carlton and Gibbs in 2016, the giants could simply set a minimum price and hold Dylan to his contract should the club he nominates not have adequate trade currency. This could lead to some pretty interesting activity from clubs looking to trade up to satisfy gws' demands.

Whichever way it goes, there'll be fun times ahead. Bring on trade 'week'!

I wonder how GWS will end up playing this one, as they appear to have a pretty strong hand. A la Carlton and Gibbs in 2016, the giants could simply set a minimum price and hold Dylan to his contract should the club he nominates not have adequate trade currency. This could lead to some pretty interesting activity from clubs looking to trade up to satisfy gws' demands.

Whichever way it goes, there'll be fun times ahead. Bring on trade 'week'!
What you’re forgetting is that Dylan is actually more than happy to stay, the club can’t push him out then tell him where to go, he has a massive say in this aswell. From what I’ve heard is that he’s already made his mind up, and it’ll take something special from Carlton to change it

Little room in our cap?

Yet we have been heavily linked to Lynch, Shiel and Wingard!

NFI

What you’re forgetting is that Dylan is actually more than happy to stay, the club can’t push him out then tell him where to go, he has a massive say in this aswell. From what I’ve heard is that he’s already made his mind up, and it’ll take something special from Carlton to change it
No, I'm not forgetting that at all. I would think the Giants would prefer to keep Shiel so they could have a crack at the flag next year - and Dylan seems genuinely torn about wanting to leave. If gws were to agree to release him from his contract, then you think they'd want a better return than what they'd be eligible for if he leaves as a FA next year.

Shiel contracted limits his ability to move to his prefered club. Of course Shiel when nominating a club will say his preference is x club but in reality backroom negotiations b/w player, manager & club would have settled on a ‘preference’ that suits all parties & y club will not be known. As such, the club with the ability & willingness to trade the chips GWS demand will obtain Shiel next year & beyond.

Hawks don’t have the picks, Carlton will not trade pick 1 nor will GWS accept a future pick & the Bombers are not in the conversation because their offer to Shiel is unacceptable.

Welcome to the StK FC club Dylan Shiel.

That’s completely false!

You have no idea how the Salary Cap works!

This is coming from a good source (AFL player Agent Matt Blaine)

St Kilda are offering a 3 year, heavily front ended Contract that will average out to around 850k per season with the player earning 1.3m in the first season!

Carlton are offering an even 5 year deal which would see him earn an average of 800k per season with around 900-1m in the first season.

Essendon are offering a more back ended deal which would see him earn around 700-750k per season I’m not sure of how long that deal is!

And Hawthorn have not offered anything and do not appear to be Really in the conversation

It’s purely in the players court!
GWS need to move around 3-4 players on! If they keep their list for the upcoming season they will be close to 2 mil over the cap!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I'm not forgetting that at all. I would think the Giants would prefer to keep Shiel so they could have a crack at the flag next year - and Dylan seems genuinely torn about wanting to leave. If gws were to agree to release him from his contract, then you think they'd want a better return than what they'd be eligible for if he leaves as a FA next year.
Yeah and they will get a better deal. Of course they’d prefer to hold onto shiel, but in the end they are probably looking at it as do we hold onto shiel and lose kelly or coniglio next year? If they really want to keep him they can find other players to offload, but atm him and lobbe are looking like the most likely to be pushed out

The Salary cap is not measured over one season!

Both clubs can get him in, however back ended contracts will be required, whereas the Sts are offering a heavily front end contract where Shiel will earn 1.3 in his first year!

That’s completely false!

St Kilda are offering a 3 year, heavily front ended Contract that will average out to around 850k per season with the player earning 1.3m in the first season!

Carlton are offering an even 5 year deal which would see him earn an average of 800k per season with around 900-1m in the first season.

Essendon are offering a more back ended deal which would see him earn around 700-750k per season I’m not sure of how long that deal is!

And Hawthorn have not offered anything and do not appear to be Really in the conversation

GWS need to move around 3-4 players on! If they keep their list for the upcoming season they will be close to 2 mil over the cap!

I’m pretty sure most here which obviously includes myself understands how the salary cap works & how you can adjust the salary throughout the term.

Those numbers are in your head. Matt Blaine who’s that guy seriously LOL.

The Salary cap is not measured over one season!

Both clubs can get him in, however back ended contracts will be required, whereas the Sts are offering a heavily front end contract where Shiel will earn 1.3 in his first year!

Hawks don’t need to back end any new contract
Stop posting crap

That’s completely false!

And my inside source at one of those clubs tells me he’s Hawk bound.

Plenty of conflicting sources around this one at present.

I’m saying we have heaps of cap space but won’t pay massive overs regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back