Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No really. Tell us all again how much cap space we don't have after retiring two players and setting up to two years to make offers to Lynch and others.

Why even pretend like you know other clubs salary situations, when you trip yourself up straight away.
Because I like fishing and it’s standard fishing practice to throw out a hook with something attached to attract the intended target!
Then I sit back and watch the BS flow!
“My sources tell me”
“Insiders are saying”
“He’s impressed by our non existent facilities”
“Tom Browne is reporting”
Etc etc
I’ll be feasting well tonight!
This is easier than prompting religious people to quote text from their precious and utterly ridiculous holy books!

I’ll be wearing what I want,I’ve made no “my insiders tell me....blah blah blah”.
By all reports from him,being Dylan and his people,being management,he’s happy to stay at the Giants and if push comes to shove he has made no decisions concerning his playing future!
These are the facts as they currently stand!
If your insider knows more than Dylan Shiel,he’d better go and get his/her head checked out!
If you read through my posts I’ve already said that ultimately it’s upto gws wether he leaves or not, but at the moment him and lobb are the most likely to be moved on. He’s met with hawthorn, and seems pretty keen on us if he comes home. But when he has his meeting with you guys I’m sure your guys in the know will get their mail aswell. We’ll just have to wait and see

Is this the same media that as soon as reporters drop a rumour people call them out for being full of crap and just rumour mongering or reading it off bigfooty?

Feel free to discuss when you haven't got your head stuck in the sand. Reporters have stated this, also confirmed by respective player managers.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

No really. Tell us all again how much cap space we don't have after retiring two players and setting up to two years to make offers to Lynch and others.

Why even pretend like you know other clubs salary situations, when you trip yourself up straight away.

They probably think we are paying mega bucks for Titch and Jags, no Bluebaggers not everyone pays overs, they would be nowhere near what Cripps & Curnow are on.

It is interesting Shiel is being squeezed out of an over paid environment at GWS, let's see if he goes to a side that is heavily investing in a handful of players like Carlton.

If you read through my posts I’ve already said that ultimately it’s upto gws wether he leaves or not, but at the moment him and lobb are the most likely to be moved on. He’s met with hawthorn, and seems pretty keen on us if he comes home. But when he has his meeting with you guys I’m sure your guys in the know will get their mail aswell. We’ll just have to wait and see

Connors playing both clubs like a fiddle ATM ;)

Flirting with us both and giving us hope and an indication Shiel will pick us.

Out of curiosity, in all honesty what are your sources and board Itk posters strike rate like and what are they saying?

Most of ours aren't saying Shiel is a done deal, just that we are a reasonable chance, with some saying we are 'likely' but nothing concrete.

Connors playing both clubs like a fiddle ATM ;)

Flirting with us both and giving us hope and an indication Shiel will pick us.

Out of curiosity, in all honesty what are your sources and board Itk posters strike rate like and what are they saying?

Most of ours aren't saying Shiel is a done deal, just that we are a reasonable chance, with some saying we are 'likely' but nothing concrete.
I never count anything until it’s done, I can’t speak for other people on our board, but my guys actually a Carlton guy with a connection to player managers, he gets abit of Carlton mail. He’s fairly confident that shiel has already chosen hawthorn, he’ll still meet with you guys though, so still a chance for you guys to change his mind but he said that meeting with him last hasn’t worked in your favour cause he’s set on coming to us if he leaves gws. But we’ll wait and see, connors could definitely be telling both sides they are the ones he’s chosen

All I know is whoever’s been parading around saying ‘he’s ours’ deserves to get truly roasted if he doesn’t end up at their club. Stop spreading Big Footy fake news!
Like almost EVERY single hawks supporter in here? That are adamant he's going to hawks a million percent no shadow of a doubt lol

All I know 100% is that Shiel was at Waverley this week. How many other clubs he is visiting/speaking to and who he is going to pick I have no idea.

I think he’s a very good player but not a superstar. I wouldn’t want to overpay in terms of trades or salary but he would significantly improve our midfield. With a fully fit O’Meara, we would have good support for Mitchell. First round pick plus something else (decent player or 2nd round pick) is fair.

I
All I know 100% is that Shiel was at Waverley this week. How many other clubs he is visiting/speaking to and who he is going to pick I have no idea.

I think he’s a very good player but not a superstar. I wouldn’t want to overpay in terms of trades or salary but he would significantly improve our midfield. With a fully fit O’Meara, we would have good support for Mitchell. First round pick plus something else (decent player or 2nd round pick) is fair.
I agree first rounder is fair, but not picks 14 and 35. I think he is worth pick 5, but hawthorn struggle to get that in points value. Surely getting both shiel and mcgovern for pick 1 is great for Carlton, with shiel worth 5 and mcgovern about 12.

They probably think we are paying mega bucks for Titch and Jags, no Bluebaggers not everyone pays overs, they would be nowhere near what Cripps & Curnow are on.

It is interesting Shiel is being squeezed out of an over paid environment at GWS, let's see if he goes to a side that is heavily investing in a handful of players like Carlton.

Not sure about overpaid environment at gws. Cogs and Shiel are both on about 650000.

Billy out of every post posted on here and our board you make the most sense and have nailed it.Good player but not a superstar,yet whoever he goes to will improve their midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not worth more than $800k pa imo.
Have to agree with what you have said including his value.

Correct me if I am wrong. Ten years ago, one C Judd walked thru the doors at CFC. Will Shiel do the same and change the blues' fortune with a young developing group of midfields.

Correct me if I am wrong. Ten years ago, one C Judd walked thru the doors at CFC. Will Shiel do the same and change the blues' fortune with a young developing group of midfields.

I’m sure Judd regretted it.

The other thing is that Judd had won a GF and Brownlow before moving.

Shiel hasn’t achieved anything as yet. Would probably prefer to at least have a good opportunity to achieve some success. That is unless he receives a godfather offer.

Shiel will be like Juddy. After his football career is over, won't be surprised that Shiel works for Visy.

So the AFL are kicking in an Ambassadorial payment & Pratt a brown-cardboard bag full of $$$?

Does this mean he'll also be leading you to another wooden spoon as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back