Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks chasing hard for Wingard. Heard a few people say Shiel was there their main target. Happy with that.
Hawks have done some due diligence on Chad and as a result, have cooled off.

Make no mistake, its a matter of time before Dylan says "Make me a Hawk" and could even be by the end of the week.

Hawks have done a lot of work on Dylan way before any of the news that he was walking, came out.

Hawks have done some due diligence on Chad and as a result, have cooled off.

Make no mistake, its a matter of time before Dylan says "Make me a Hawk" and could even be by the end of the week.

Hawks have done a lot of work on Dylan way before any of the news that he was walking, came out.
If that is true, how do you make it happen.

Dont forget he is contracted.

He is nearly 26 and not even in the top 3 midfielders at his own club
Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio are all younger and better.
Can't be worth a pick 1.

Kelly, Whitfield, Coniglio are better. Ward is more important. They've got Hopper and Taranto both primed and ready to step into that midfield mix.

I think the fact that they can afford to lose him without losing too much quality would play into the hands of whoever he nominates.

If that is true, how do you make it happen.

Dont forget he is contracted.
You make it happen the same way they all get done, you do a deal.

I will not get into a "but what do you have offer" to get the deal done, because frankly I have no idea.

However what I do know is that Dylan wants to be a Hawk, what happens after that is anyone's guess.

AA last year.

At a guess he's choosing Hawthorn or Essendon, unless the rumours are true and the Swans are loading up for him, should he not wish to return to Victoria.

It's a 1st rounder + <insert something that's not some scrub player they don't want>. Picks 9, 13 or 15 on their own wont cut it, IMO.

Would Ceglar, our first round pick and a future second round pick for...
Shiel, a third round pick and a future third round pick get it done?

I'm really not up to speed on the value of future picks and how they work in these scenarios.
But essentially we get a player worthy of a first round pick in exchange for one. GWS get their ruck stocks bolstered and access to another top 15 pick, plus both sides get some future stability in the following years draft.

Would Ceglar, our first round pick and a future second round pick for...
Shiel, a third round pick and a future third round pick get it done?

I'm really not up to speed on the value of future picks and how they work in these scenarios.
But essentially we get a player worthy of a first round pick in exchange for one. GWS get their ruck stocks bolstered and access to another top 15 pick, plus both sides get some future stability in the following years draft.
Think it's already been said Ceglar is out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it depends on what gets offered. Has to be better than an FA compo pick.
This^
Exactly the same situation as Steven May.
Any club that wants them will need to offer more than what their incumbent club will receive via FA compo next season. Really is that simple. You have to give GWS or GC an incentive to move them now rather than hold them for another season.

He is nearly 26 and not even in the top 3 midfielders at his own club
Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio are all younger and better.
Can't be worth a pick 1.
Whitfield doesn't play in the midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back