Fantasy Dynasty League 2009 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason for the july 25 deadline is so that everyone draft blinds before camp starts, and because the longer a draft drags on the less people bother, also because it's just easier for busy people (like we all are) to get these things over with quickly so we can go back to other things.

With a july 5 start, july 25 finish. 72 picks in 20 days, 3 picks a day it amounts to. That's the most do-able draft deadline so far. Cutthroat had 156 in 30 days at 7 picks a day and it got done. BFFFL will be asking for 200 odd picks in about 17-20 days.

Re: Alpha Dynasty - Discussion

I kinda am, but not super closely.

BTW your draft has got me buggered GG. I assume you see your team as a serious worn in progress and are pretty much building one year at a time.
RB this season.
QB next season????

Only had 3 RBs, needed to address that this year.
If Cassius hadnt taken Scott, I wouldve drafted him as well.
But there isnt a yearly thing, QB next, WR year after that, etc.
Just it was in dire need. Already had 5 QBs who i like and believe can be starters.
But i really need 1-2 of them at least to become starters asap.

Virtual lock? Russell is the starter. Garcia is retiring at the end of this year.

Yes Russell is the starter at the moment. In my book that gives Garcia a great chance to start. i.e Russell = bust!!! May change his mind about retiring once he "re-assesses" the situation at Oakland.

Jeff Garcia on the table for a 2010 pick for anyone in need of a QB. Only Russell ahead of him so a virtual lock for starter eventually.

I might wait until you drop him to FA :)

I might wait until you drop him to FA :)

I have my full quota of 5 QBs which in this League is a must. Unless someone drops one unexpectedly and I can get them from waivers, I doubt I'd drop him. Just trying to help out GG.....God knows he needs it;)

I plan on holding onto my current 5 QBs for one more season before re-evaluating. I'm high on them all talent-wise. I'd say a couple of them have a good chance of being starters this year, probably mid-late season. So i know im gonna cop a pounding having 0 in the QB slot for a number of games.

But im hoping something happens in camp or pre-trade deadline. Like Kolb getting traded to another team as starter. Or Brennan out-gunning Campbell even as early as camp. Anderson getting traded out of Cleveland, and Ratliff out-gunning Quinn for the starter job. Stuff like that....sooner the better.

Also, Henne has a chance probably sooner than the others of being a starter too.

But by the end of 2009, i'll re-evaluate the Fantastic Five and refine it.

Alternatively, I'd be open to considering a trade with NDG for Jason Campbell.

Just think that what if the point system changes for defensive players to gain more points (what GG has been pushing), why not grab Maybin, Jackson, Jenkins, Orakpo, Laurenaitis, Delmas, Mauauga or Mitchell (+ much more defensive talent). And personally, I think WR talent is much harder to pick up, specially if they aren't top 5 WR talent of the draft.

But the potential upside for a WR is far greater than a defensive player. A middle ranked WR could get you 150-180 points if you're lucky. You would need a top 5 ranked DP to score those sort of points and more likely only a LB.

As for Robiskie, I would have taken him up at pick #15 if GG didn't take him (although I wasn't expecting Maclin to be available. I actually traded down from #11 because I thought he'd still be there at 15. Others may have had same thoughts.

I plan on holding onto my current 5 QBs for one more season before re-evaluating. I'm high on them all talent-wise. I'd say a couple of them have a good chance of being starters this year, probably mid-late season. So i know im gonna cop a pounding having 0 in the QB slot for a number of games.

But im hoping something happens in camp or pre-trade deadline. Like Kolb getting traded to another team as starter. Or Brennan out-gunning Campbell even as early as camp. Anderson getting traded out of Cleveland, and Ratliff out-gunning Quinn for the starter job. Stuff like that....sooner the better.

Also, Henne has a chance probably sooner than the others of being a starter too.

But by the end of 2009, i'll re-evaluate the Fantastic Five and refine it.

Alternatively, I'd be open to considering a trade with NDG for Jason Campbell.

Wow, in some deep trouble there GG.

You know you want to....

http://www.google.com.au/images?q=t...bkick/files/2006/12/jeff-garcia-thumbs-up.jpg
images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garcia has no value to me or my team. Only handcuff value to whomever has Russell "just in case" of injury to Russell.

But otherwise is a waste of a roster spot.

Ok ....

103.jpg

I dont own Russell in dynasty league.

That would be me :)

And i am not that fussed about Garcia. The most I would give up for him is a very late pick, as after this season he will be gone, and unless Russell gets injured, he wont see the field.

I wouldnt even give up a late 6th rounder for Garcia.

TGBB is just shooting himself in the foot carrying Garcia imo. Waste of a roster spot.

I know who the Raiders are eyeing for long-term QB potential (if Russell were to get cut after his rookie contract expires in a couple years) and it's not Garcia.

Am I the only one that is disappointed that Woodson made a decent draft choice?

TGBB, what are the odds of that middle ranked WR being on your team by seasons end compared to the top defender? Or even being selected during a week on your team?

I wouldnt even give up a late 6th rounder for Garcia.

TGBB is just shooting himself in the foot carrying Garcia imo. Waste of a roster spot.

I know who the Raiders are eyeing for long-term QB potential (if Russell were to get cut after his rookie contract expires in a couple years) and it's not Garcia.

I'm assuming you mean someone who is not presently on the roster? Because there's bugger all there. Or maybe Heyward-Bey can throw?

I'm assuming you mean someone who is not presently on the roster? Because there's bugger all there. Or maybe Heyward-Bey can throw?
Run-DMC JUST IS that good :p

Am I the only one that is disappointed that Woodson made a decent draft choice?

TGBB, what are the odds of that middle ranked WR being on your team by seasons end compared to the top defender? Or even being selected during a week on your team?

Who's laughing now larkis?? ;) You underestimated LD and he just keeps on coming back with something different. LD has more dimension not dementia. :p Check it out..

[YOUTUBE]U0dghVN8ZWw&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Dynasty League 2009 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back