Fantasy Dynasty League 2009 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Beta Dynasty - Discussion

In the NFL, if a team doesnt make their pick on time, they get moved down one spot.

That could be done here with a similar situation of a draft time-limit missed.
Wouldn't that just stretch out the draft length?

Let Fuey make a decision, he is the LM.
How I view it is if Jem is no longer the manager of the team (face it, if he can't bother with a draft on the fifth day), what happens with the team that got disadvantaged in the draft?

Besides, after the first two rounds, the 'highest' pick in Alpha that his team will get will all be reaches that don't make sense. Additionally, people that pick around him will also know who this team will most likely get so can trade around that knowing what to expect. It's a decent penalty while still maintaining the 'dignity' of the team.

So let me get this straight, i lost my team?

This is ****ing ridiculous. You need to wake up to yourself, this is a ****ing fantasy league, how serious do you have to make it honestly.. Sorry that i have a job to go to that doesnt allow me to sit on the forums all day and all night and that i have family matters to attend to that have kept me away from it.

Go ahead and have my team, scratch me from the league cause any fun of it has been sapped out of it anyway .

Fuey PM'd you to PM him back by 9am the other day to get your team back. You didnt log in till 3 days later.

Once a year, there's a draft. For 2-3 weeks in a year, people required to PM or sms picks to the LM, get online at least once a day to check when their pick is up, or everyone to organize a 3 hr session with everyone online, so as to get thru it quickly, get it over with.

Same with once a year going thru your 40 man roster and choosing 34 keepers, taking people off IR, and making cuts, before the deadline. It's not much to ask, yet a lot of people didnt do them. Stuff like that causes leagues to fall over.

It's not that hard to do. No one has to be online 24/7. Everyone has a job, school, family matters. Being offline for days is ok, as long as you PM lists or are contactable via sms.

Or maybe people are sick to death of reading essay after essay of your posts on rule changes, things we need to do, draft format changes, how to move the rosters around blah blah blah blah blah.

These leagues are no fun because you wont just let them play. Youve got to impose a thousand stupid ridiculous rules, each one accompanied by a thousand words of clap trap.

Now you're stripping people of teams, when you dont even have replacements?

Stupid.

Seeing as im co-LM cos Fuey cant be here often enough, im only trying to ensure the league stays alive for the people who ARE keen.

But if you wanna be like that, then I wont help, and if by July 25 you guys havent organized among yourselves ways to finish the draft, then all i can do is cancel the league.

You take my help as intrusive, but when it's July 18 and people havent logged in for days to make a pick, still in the 2nd round, and youre frustrated with people holding everyone up, not being keen enough to play, see how you think then. You'll only end up suggesting the same things...replacing people, making them skip their picks so they arent rewarded with autopicks, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Alpha Dynasty - Discussion

Cant have a draft without everyone making a homer pick.

Not at all :) Gotta love them homer picks!!

And I am looking forward to seeing what Mike can do!

Might try for a change of mood

Pre-draft team rankings
If there was no draft, could you win Beta?
A Fill in for new and potential managers.

Team Russell
This team has one huge weakness for the upcoming season, WR. Bryant looks more likely to have an off season in the Tampa Bay offence with no one having a clue of which bust will be throwing the ball. Ginn is someone that can explode into a fantasy stud but mediocre quarterbacks continue to dampen his path. Hines Ward is a great player but could be seeing less 100 yard games and more time playing second to Santino Holmes. Reggie Williams, Reggie Brown, David Patten and Justin Gage just make the WR corps look even worse and I would not be surprised to see this team draft quite a few WRs. TE is average with Miller, Celek and Lee but could excel with the right decisions every week.

Unfair not to point out the depth at QB (Rivers, Ryan, Manning) which could be terrific trade bait. Gore and Tomlinson both on the same team look fantastic and with Ray Rice to back them up, there is even more trade bait. The defence is disappointing, with only a few stars here and there. I wouldn't be surprised to see huge moves to bring in a high scorer or two either.

Recommended Trade: Rivers for a second tier WR + a defensive star or two.
Bryant and Buckhalter for a fourth tier WR and a starting RB.
Team Rank: B (Looks like it can be a balancing act for the season just to have a team, but it'll be a good team).

Fuey's Haze

This offence looks fantastic, the QB depth is deep and all worthy of starting. Similar with the running back depth as well, just makes me cream myself looking at it. However only four WRs, I can see some moves to bring in a back up to Driver and Owens. Having Driver and Owens as your starting WR's isn't bad when you consider it's your biggest weakness. Lewis, Barber, Williams, Brown and Norewood all look like a great team going into next season and could all be top ten RB's by season end (COULD BE).

However, when you isolate the defence from the offense, you just cringe looking at the lack of talent. It is mostly filled with could be, going to be, or has beens. Brown and Ogunleye look good in the D-Line and there are a few individual players I love but as a unit, you'll be glad defence isn't worth much.

Possible Trades: Lewis for a combination of WRs and Defensive Players.
Orton for a third/ fourth tier WR.
Ranking: A- (Sadly has a few insignificant holes that prevent a perfect mark)

Juddy's JackHammers

I looked at this team and immediately went ouch. However saying that, there is a lot of potential in this team and with the right moves, I can see it contending playoffs (Ok, and a bit of luck during minicamp).

The QB situation is quite interesting, Bulger is playing the worst football of his career but could hopefully bounce back. Leinhart and Henne could easily be the starters by the end of the season as well depending how the players in front of them do (Warner and Pennington both has a history of struggling at times).

The RB situation is filled with unfortunate mistakes, Lynch, M. Bush, Rhodes, Taylor and Mendenhall won't be able to provide this team with consistent scores. Lynch the only guaranteed starter is out for a few weeks, so a RB or two will need to be traded in.

With WR's, they look solid. Marshall, Edwards, Breaston, Bruce, Toomer (FA though?), Washington and Randel El would in most cases be a solid addition to any other team. The definite strong point of the team, this teams season could go down to how the WR depth is used.

The defence looks solid, a good mix of current defensive stars and future defensive stars, a real asset to the team. The TE situation is good with Daniels and Winslow being able to swap around each week as well.

Possible Trades: Marshall for a starting RB and a starting QB.
Winslow for a back up TE and a fifth/ sixth tier RB/ QB.
Ranking: C- (Only got half an offence)

Cleveland Steamers

My first impression of the team is that is looks like a real dynasty. Solid spread of talent with one or two stars, potential stars and match day decisions. At QB, perhaps an average core of Culpepper, Romo and Pennington. It's a good balance but within a season, all three could easily seen as backups. There is no insurance for the future. Both Pennington and Culpepper are playing for their careers and Romo is an absolute tool (who said I couldn't be subjective, but hard to find people that disagree).

The RB core looks solid, a lot of starters that can easily be backups and vice versa. However there should always be at least two or three starters each week so it's a good situation. The same with four great WR's as well but there aren't any backup if everything goes downhill.

TE looks healthy with both Olsen and Keller both in line for a possible breakout season. The defence is a concern with a lack of decent depth. However all the starters look really good and could dominate any given Sunday.

Possible Team Trades: Welker for a combination of LB, QB and WR.
Pennington for a backup QB and a WR.
Team Ranking: B (Too many concerns with possible injuries and changes with real life depth charts).

WILL FILL IN THE REST LATER, will change ranks later

I really couldnt care less at this stage.

Theres just too much we're expected to read, keep up with, give a shit about. This leagues been more hassle than fun.

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

yep it's really hard to log on 1 time a day for 5 mins tops.

oh the time pressures you are under must be intense. :rolleyes:

If the bludgers lose there teams and the whiners piss off to their holes in the ground then everything will be sweet. ;)

I had knowone on my mind worth anything significant so a no brainer really.

Good deal for you, as i scared Zarko into dealing with you!! Told him to trade up with you as i thought he was after Moore, and I intimated I would take him haha

Good deal for you, as i scared Zarko into dealing with you!! Told him to trade up with you as i thought he was after Moore, and I intimated I would take him haha
Actually I PMed him before I PMed you, and before you said that to me ;)

Clearly BPA, when given the situation scores, and is worth more to me than most, handcuff wise, expect JD probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Dynasty League 2009 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back