Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

We couldn’t have had any more motivation to win with a spot in the eight, playing the team on the bottom of the ladder, and we throw a f**kin gift wrapped opportunity down the toilet by putting in what can only be classed as an insipid performance.
The players must take a lot of responsibility, but they also just don’t care enough playing for Bevo anymore.
While we can’t sack all the players, we can sack bevo. Get it done.

I just piped up and asked a packed train “does anyone here want to keep Bevo” a loud resounding NO by old ladies, old men all the way down to the kids. If this is any indication he has no supporters left.
Yeah I think it's the classic "one year too long" in football.

From my angle, literally every player totally ignored all the kids/supporters looking for signatures, high fives and what not as they were walking through.
Lol. What do you expect after that lol

Struggling to understand the selection of Van der meer and Keath. Our defence gifted about 4-5 goals through fumbles and poor contests. Whole defence needs a makeover. That’s even you worry about our terrible midfield and forwards.
You don't see the humour in Keath getting the ball and blindly running in no particular direction with no particular plan in mind what to do with it?

I laugh.

Honesty, they deserve it for that absolute crap. They shouldn’t be immune from the spray as long as it was verbal on their heart and performance and not personal.
I can understand it, but you're an idiot for throwing the scarf down. There goes access for every body in future

I get that everyone wants to talk about the aftermath, but since this is the autopsy thread I thought I'd post this.

12 clearances, 32 disposals, 21 CPs, 11 tackles. 596 MG, 10 score involvements ... the list goes on.

I haven't watched the game but surely those stats tell us a lot.
I have nothing but respect for the bloke. Reminds me a bit of how EJ used to try to carry a mostly hopeless team back in the 60s.

Eight of Marcus Bontempelli's 11 tackles in today's match have been recorded in the final term. This is the equal-most tackles laid in any quarter by a single player in 2023.

I get that everyone wants to talk about the aftermath, but since this is the autopsy thread I thought I'd post this.

12 clearances, 32 disposals, 21 CPs, 11 tackles. 596 MG, 10 score involvements ... the list goes on.

I have nothing but respect for the bloke. Reminds me a bit of how EJ used to try to carry a mostly hopeless team back in the 60s.

Bont constantly tries to put us on his back and drag the team over the line, he's just not getting any support or protection during games like this where we just don't give a ****.

I for one won’t begrudge him if he asks for a trade. Nobody wanted to run with him to win that game.

He's a star. He has been failed by a gutless administration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time lurker, first time poster - was up close level 1 for the game. Can't help but feel the team tanked that to send a message - all body language showed they weren't actually there to win. At half time siren quite a few of the boys simultaneously dropped hands to their knees as if exhausted then looked up at each other almost smiling. Who knows, I may have imagined it, but it all felt off and I can only hope the message was received by those that can act on it.

I had one eye on the game today, did he poll the 3 despite the loss? That's literally all I care about now.

Long time lurker, first time poster - was up close level 1 for the game. Can't help but feel the team tanked that to send a message - all body language showed they weren't actually there to win. At half time siren quite a few of the boys simultaneously dropped hands to their knees as if exhausted then looked up at each other almost smiling. Who knows, I may have imagined it, but it all felt off and I can only hope the message was received by those that can act on it.

This is the only logical explanation.

This was done to bring things to a head whatever they may be.

I for one won’t begrudge him if he asks for a trade. Nobody wanted to run with him to win that game.
That's literally my only worry at the moment. He's looked so frustrated the last month or so. Absolutely dominating while everyone around him struggles.
I'm excited for Bevo to go to get some new voices in there. But i'm terrified Bont has had enough and will start to entertain offers. I don't think he will, but it could always happen.
He's the best. We must protect him at all cost.

In 2015 no matter how much time left on the clock,We could play fast football and be a chance,
We are now so slow and awkward. We are never a chance when behind.Thats why we aren't good enough for finals ..And players are not getting the best out of themselves..End of an era.Refresh is the keyword.

Bont constantly tries to put us on his back and drag the team over the line, he's just not getting any support or protection during games like this where we just don't give a *.
This is why I want us to bring in a 'battler' mid who sacrifices his game.
Treloar & Macrae are ball-hunters, Libba is great, but who of our mids would be willing to get less touches, mind an opponent, block for Bont and set up defensively?

Garcia if he can get his body right maybe. I'm not sure West poisitions himself in congestion too well - love his endeavour though. We need a Keays/Jarrad Lyon type - could Lachie Sullivan be that guy?

That's literally my only worry at the moment. He's looked so frustrated the last month or so. Absolutely dominating while everyone around him struggles.
I'm excited for Bevo to go to get some new voices in there. But i'm terrified Bont has had enough and will start to entertain offers. I don't think he will, but it could always happen.
He's the best. We must protect him at all cost.

He's contracted for another 3-4 years and he knows the club wont let him go.

May as well not bother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

Back