Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

He basically just said the outside perception that we have a finals list is incorrect. Basically said is that being judged on past performances of players, or a focus on half a dozen players and that you have to field a team to 22-23 players.

So now the list is the excuse. He had a hand in building the list
They brought in Lobb and Jones on 4 year deals because they thought we had a top 4 list!

He's talking through his a**

So that was all the fuss was about. Can't see anything there that causes any grief. An angry supporter throws his scarf into the race. Didn't hurt anyone and not an unreasonable reaction in the circumstances. Move on.

Don't come complaining to me when we have fence wire all along the stadium protecting players

Not great but can't blame people..

Yeah, you can. That's way beyond what is acceptable imo.

Everyone can come on here or on social media (like a lot of us keyboard warriors do) and vent your spleen at the coach, administration, players etc. But that's just verbally assaulting players, presumably within earshot of dozens of kids and maybe even some of the players' family and friends.

I lose my shit on here, in my front room at the TV or whatever. But that's just not on. I understand the disappointment and frustration, but that's what gets fans banned from getting access to players.

I went into this game actively hoping we would lose. I know that might seem ****ed up, but it's because I desperately want Bevo sacked for the sake of the club and players. I've felt for a long time now that Bevo isn't up to it. Probably since the Tom Morris implosion and the stupid tactics we rolled out in 2022. I'd watched every press conference of Bevo's religiously up to that point. I even idolised the guy when I was in my late 20s. But now I find myself despising him. He's completely lacking in humility or self-awareness and it has already done immeasurable damage to the club. So I was feeling joy every time the Eagles kicked a goal and the camera cut to Bevo squirming in the box. I want him gone.
Not ****ed up at all, simply hoping for the fastest path to success. No different to me preferring Honeychurch, Gowers, Hannan, etc spud it up rather than play mediocre games because it’s the fastest way to get them out of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to all of you who went, must have been hard to take :(

I think last week almost prepared you for it, something was really pungent about the effort, tackling etc. last week and in the first quarter it was more of the same.

Then they hit the front in a bit of an arm wrestle and I think most people thought they would run away by 5-6 goals in the last. But we got smacked in clearance when it mattered, and WC had some strong forward play from their experienced players. Was more of a curiosity by the end, as I genuinely think that's the last home game Bevo will coach now. I can't see how he survives that, it was so far from what was acceptable given the team's position and circumstances.

So maybe in the end it'll be a good thing, as it provides the catalyst for the much needed change. But if he continues into next year I won't be attending a game.

IT is funny how the club has not updated their social media since the loss. Are they thinking that "if it's not on social media then it didn't happen?"

Kudos to all of you who went, must have been hard to take :(

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

Back