Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

Next season, maybe Bevo to coach the Eagles, and Simmo to coach the doggies, that may work well for both sides.!
We don't want bevo

Simpson is a good coach but we basically have old premiership hero's who can't get on the park , a bunch of under 22s with some wafl hacks and other club rejects in the 24-29 year age bracket.

Not many could get much out of our list atm unfortunately

Without any hint of hyperbole, the worst loss that I have seen in my fifty years of following this team. Utterly....what's the word....clueless. Spineless also comes to mind.
They couldn't hit a 5m hand pass something is very clearly wrong at the Kennel. Bevo's position is untenable he either resigns or is sacked nothing else is acceptable

There were certainly some plays that made me think that they are either completely inept, or intentionally throwing the game.I won’t name players.Surely it’s not the latter.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I can’t believe it was the latter either, and I won’t name names. But there were about half a dozen handballs - not fumbled ones, ones that went where the player was aiming - that went straight to WC players in space.

I just thought it was evidence of how muddled their minds are and how bereft of confidence they are. But if you looked at it through a different lens it would definitely have looked suspicious.

I just think the players are gone. Aside from Bont, Libba, L.Jones and Richards, the rest are several levels beneath their best - in some cases they look simply incompetent.

To say Smith is a shadow of the player he was is a massive understatement, he looks like he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing. He’s missing targets by 15m plus and on a regular basis. Jamarra is a young player who might be running out of gas this late in the season, but his last two weeks have included some of the worst efforts at contests and ground balls I’ve seen. Cody looks like he’s never tackled a person on a footy field before, and he’s not alone in the side in being completely inept in that facet of the game.

The senior players look generally cooked, and Keath and Duryea in particular shouldn’t play in the AFL team again. Thanks for your efforts, but we can’t carry you anymore, and you’re evidently not providing much in the way of organisation and leadership.

VDM is barely an AFL level player on the wing or as a small forward, he’s sure as hell not an AFL level defender. Mind-blowing selection.

Lobb is playing his role to a half decent level, West is a presence and JOD looks a keeper. But aside from the four I mentioned at the top, those three are the only ones that can hold their heads vaguely high. The rest have been soundly beaten by in the past two weeks by a bottom four team and now the worst AFL team in decades. Simply pathetic.

Based on Andrew Whelan's (Wheelo Ratings) model, today was the biggest upset in V/AFL history in terms of the probability of winning prior to the match. We were a 97.3% chance of winning today based on his model.

The previous record was Essendon v Geelong in R10 1946. Essendon had a 96.5% chance of winning, they were 2nd on the ladder and Geelong were equal bottom but Geelong ended up winning.

Based on Andrew Whelan's (Wheelo Ratings) model, today was the biggest upset in V/AFL history in terms of the probability of winning prior to the match. We were a 97.3% chance of winning today based on his model.

The previous record was Essendon v Geelong in R10 1946. Essendon had a 96.5% chance of winning, they were 2nd on the ladder and Geelong were equal bottom but Geelong ended up winning.
We were $1.02 on Sportsbet. Even Winx was never that short ......

Did Bevo make any moves for the game? Simpson had players put work into Bont, Allen spent time up the ground, switched Yeo around. I mean was there absolutely no consideration given to stopping Kelly run amok for the entire game?

Give the man some credit. He swapped Vandermeer and Daniel at the start of the 3rd, and then swapped them back in the 4th. I'd like to see McRae come up with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an odds perspective we were $1.02 and the Eagles were $13!

I’ve never seen a shorter priced favourite lose anything. It’s so bad you have to wonder whether anyone had money on it. To be honest though, I can’t say that I didn’t see it coming, even though it’s shocking, and based on his pre game comments I think our coach saw it coming as well. I have never heard a coach with so much trepidation heading into a game against the bottom team who was coming off a 100+ point thumping the previous week. Did Bevo know that he had lost the players already?

Some really weird shit going on and you have to wonder why

I just got home. Today was the most exhausting day I've had since my hospital stay two years ago. That might have been my last game.

What an insipid performance. They ought to be ashamed for what they dished up. My friend who accompanied me had not been to a footy game in over sixty years. She asked all kinds of questions which I just couldn't answer.

I got through the late70s/early 80s but never felt like this. Time for a big change. Bevo, you have lost me. Some players need a rocket up their backsides. I could probably hold a tackle better in my walker than what the players did today. My friend kept asking why we seemed to kick to West Coast so often.

I am so disheartened after seeing that. My chips were nice, though.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Feel for you Chicago. It was such a rare occasion for you to watch a game live and they served up that pathetic performance. If so many true believer supporters like you have had enough then the administration must listen and bring about some radical change.

From an odds perspective we were $1.02 and the Eagles were $13!

I’ve never seen a shorter priced favourite lose anything. It’s so bad you have to wonder whether anyone had money on it. To be honest though, I can’t say that I didn’t see it coming, even though it’s shocking, and based on his pre game comments I think our coach saw it coming as well. I have never heard a coach with so much trepidation heading into a game against the bottom team who was coming off a 100+ point thumping the previous week. Did Bevo know that he had lost the players already?

Some really weird s**t going on and you have to wonder why

I wonder if anyone put $100k on the Dogs hoping for an easy $2k.

Look deep into your heart and you'll come to the realisation that this result was always on the cards.

The side has been listlessly drifting along winning the odd game on the back of a handful of players for months.

I was not confident winning this game. Also, the bookmakers were taking the P155 if the Dogs were $1.02 Eagles should have been $50’s maybe $40’s accounting for their margin. They are crooks and much better to steer clear of sports betting.

I went into this game actively hoping we would lose. I know that might seem ****ed up, but it's because I desperately want Bevo sacked for the sake of the club and players. I've felt for a long time now that Bevo isn't up to it. Probably since the Tom Morris implosion and the stupid tactics we rolled out in 2022. I'd watched every press conference of Bevo's religiously up to that point. I even idolised the guy when I was in my late 20s. But now I find myself despising him. He's completely lacking in humility or self-awareness and it has already done immeasurable damage to the club. So I was feeling joy every time the Eagles kicked a goal and the camera cut to Bevo squirming in the box. I want him gone.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

Back