Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Mathieson was my other option for 19, tough choice between he and Clarke.

I was surprised he slipped so far down the order, was really hoping he would be available at my first. Clarke I think has more upside though, that was still a really solid pick.

Really? I didn't think he'd elected for F/S? Are we just assuming he does?
Yeah just for the purpose of this mock I went in with the F/S having been bid on and gave posters to option to bid.

Damn it people keep on taking the quality sliders I was hoping would last. I've got two left in with 3 selections to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good luck with that, I gave good consideration at Carltons pick for Collins , Ben Mckay the twin of Harry ,Partington ,Lovell and Cole

Well you just named them both ahaha. It wouldn't be the end of the world there are a couple more selections I rate, just not to the same extent.

Well you just named them both ahaha. It wouldn't be the end of the world there are a couple more selections I rate, just not to the same extent.

I think Freo will go a KPD or KPF and the Bulldogs will go a KPD and a HB/HF Flanker so you just may scrape one of your choices in .

Well I nearly went Mathieson with my last pick...

An inside mid to complement an outside mid:

Josh Dunkley

You're up eagles rule
Suma Magic - nice try with Dunkley. If you want a trade. I will take Riley from you and give you Dunks. Let me know if you are interested!

I had hoped for a live pick in the 2nd round but with the F/S slipping, I now have to wait for 57 for my first live pick. Oh dear, back to the nursing home and wake me when you need an answer!!!!!

Suma Magic - nice try with Dunkley. If you want a trade. I will take Riley from you and give you Dunks. Let me know if you are interested!

I had hoped for a live pick in the 2nd round but with the F/S slipping, I now have to wait for 57 for my first live pick. Oh dear, back to the nursing home and wake me when you need an answer!!!!!

Haha no deal!

Busy day so selecting was done quicker than I would have liked. But I'm no expert so thought no reason to hold up the draft.

Selection made and thought best to post as I will be tied up with work most of today.

Collingwood Pick 32
Josh Dunkley (9/1/1997. 189cm, 82kg. Gippsland Power)
Medium midfielder (loads of versatility can play forward and back)

I would like to tell you that this is a cunning plan directed by Eddie Everywhere to scupper the academy clubs and teach them a lesson. Actually this story is a lot simpler than that. Dunkley is consistently seen as a strong second round prospect with a general consensus that he is in the 20 – 30 best talents out there. Why not father and son with the Bondi billionaires? Word is that he wants to play AFL and not run around for 2 years in the Sydney reserves playing in a crap division. The competition at Sydney for inside midfield starting positions is massive, hence his reluctance to go north. Simply put, I could not have let this talent go past pick 32. Will fit brilliantly in at Collingwood’s midfield and could be the heir to Captain Pendlebury if they snag him.

AFL biography: Medium midfielder who is a prolific ball winner and a smart user of the ball. Is a very good mark overhead and can play in many roles within his team. Is a natural leader who regularly lifts his team mates within games. Is eligible under the father/son rule for the Sydney Swans, where his father Andrew was a star full-back. Was recovering from injury and missed early part of the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships before playing two games and averaged 12 possessions in limited game time. Member of NAB AFL Academy.

Michael Ablett, AFL national talent football manager: "I liken Josh to Luke Parker. He's a tough inside midfielder who has the ability to play off half-forward and half-back, but predominantly you'd see him as a big inside mid with great leadership potential. He could captain an AFL club one day. He's an effective user without being brilliant by book, but he's has great hands and is really good overhead for his size. He's come back this year from a back injury and spent some time at Richmond playing there. Once he gets into an AFL environment he'll be a long way ahead of most kids are. He's learnt a lot this year about work off the ball, and general positioning and running patterns. I think that will hold him in really good stead."

All the player's i had hoped might slide to the Eagle's are gone, Just seems we are a little far down the draft order.Doesn't give me much hope come the real thing, let's hope we can pick a diamond in the rough !! Now don't let us down acenuckles !!

Round 2
Selection # 23

Name: Kieran Collins

Position: Key Defender

TOP STORIES

DOB: 14/12/1997

Height: 193cm

Weight: 94kg

Draft range: 5-15

Current club: Dandenong Stingrays

Pub summary: Close checking key defender who is rarely beaten

Strengths

• Discipline
  • Body work
  • Intercept marking
  • Decision making
  • Ready made player
Weaknesses

• Pace
  • Versatility
Overall

With key forwards and flashy players often in vogue before a draft players like Collins are rarely discussed by fans, but you can be sure just about every club has him inside the top 15 on their draft boards.

Kieran Collins is one of the best key defenders in this year's draft and if not for Jacob Weitering he would likely be talked about as the best key defender available this year.

Collins has long been known as a premier defender who is one of the best shutdown players of his age group. His discipline in checking his opponent, quality body work, ability to stick to team structures and second efforts have made him a nightmare for his opponents.

One of the question marks on Collins is his versatility. However, as seen in the TAC Cup preliminary final on the weekend, he can play forward and impact the scoreboard. Collins' other question mark is his pace. This may actually mean he could be viewed more as a forward option long term where his first 20 meters won’t get exposed too much.

This year Collins has built on another aspect of his game, his intercept marking. He’s always had the ability to read the flight better than most (which often covers for his lack of pace), but now he is using this ability to choose the right times to zone off his man and really do damage to his opposition by taking those marks. It is this trait which has seen him rise up the draft pecking order. We see him getting drafted in the top 10.

Round 2
Selection # 23

Name: Kieran Collins

Position: Key Defender

TOP STORIES

DOB: 14/12/1997

Height: 193cm

Weight: 94kg

Draft range: 5-15

Current club: Dandenong Stingrays

Pub summary: Close checking key defender who is rarely beaten

Strengths

• Discipline
  • Body work
  • Intercept marking
  • Decision making
  • Ready made player
Weaknesses

• Pace
  • Versatility
Overall

With key forwards and flashy players often in vogue before a draft players like Collins are rarely discussed by fans, but you can be sure just about every club has him inside the top 15 on their draft boards.

Kieran Collins is one of the best key defenders in this year's draft and if not for Jacob Weitering he would likely be talked about as the best key defender available this year.

Collins has long been known as a premier defender who is one of the best shutdown players of his age group. His discipline in checking his opponent, quality body work, ability to stick to team structures and second efforts have made him a nightmare for his opponents.

One of the question marks on Collins is his versatility. However, as seen in the TAC Cup preliminary final on the weekend, he can play forward and impact the scoreboard. Collins' other question mark is his pace. This may actually mean he could be viewed more as a forward option long term where his first 20 meters won’t get exposed too much.

This year Collins has built on another aspect of his game, his intercept marking. He’s always had the ability to read the flight better than most (which often covers for his lack of pace), but now he is using this ability to choose the right times to zone off his man and really do damage to his opposition by taking those marks. It is this trait which has seen him rise up the draft pecking order. We see him getting drafted in the top 10.

Dammit..

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back