Eagles, Dogs, Tigers try to do deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Schulz is ready to play straight away, Hughes needs one good season so we can trade him back to Adelaide for someone of value (inconsistent, soft and tickets on himself).

McGuane is now the lynchpin of our defence, no way.

Patto is that honest bloke who tries his guts out without super skills and we'd be poorer for trading him. Benny Gale took a while before we really knew where to put him....

Not afraid to trade Schulz, he still has promise but I think it's flip a coin as to whether there's much more that will actually come through.

Stupid thread to be honest.
In terms of need, Richmond need Schulz, McGuane, Pattison and Hughes more than we do Seaby. So why would we give up one of those guys plus picks in order to get him?
If WCE are stupid enough to want the runt Ray, then they can give up Hansen to get him.
Win for both teams. No need for Richmond to get involved.

If we are trying to get Seaby then i dont think Pattison would be the 1st i'd trade,as i dont rate him as a kpp so as 3rd ruck he wouldn't get a game.So for me he would go before Schulz,Hughes,Mcguane etc as they fill needs.

This thread wont happen West Coast aren't that interested in Ray, maybe via psd.

Bulldogs want Hansen West Coast doesn't really want to trade him.

We will end up taking pick 26 of Richmond.

Looks to be that Shultz will go to Dogs for second pick.
Richmond will use that pick or their own to grab Seaby.

This thread wont happen West Coast aren't that interested in Ray, maybe via psd.

And you would be lucky enough to get any pick for Ray considering he could come to us for nothing in the PSD.

I can't see West Coast having any selections in the PSD this year, so you won't be able to obtain Ray via that route. You currently have 4 list vacancies, which you're likely to fill with selections 2, 18, 20 & 36 in the ND. Where's the list vacancy going to come from which enables you to make a selection in the PSD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see West Coast having any selections in the PSD this year, so you won't be able to obtain Ray via that route. You currently have 4 list vacancies, which you're likely to fill with selections 2, 18, 20 & 36 in the ND. Where's the list vacancy going to come from which enables you to make a selection in the PSD?

Jaymie Graham is likely to quit to become a fireman.

If Port are still interested in Shulz I'd rather take that route and snare Warnock as someone said earlier. Fremantle would much rather deal with us than Carlton. Other than that, just keep our list and our first 2 picks.

Two problems with that:

1. Warnock doesn't want to go to Richmond.
2. What would you offer Fremantle to beat Carlton's offer of pick 24 plus a player?

all i reckon is we wont be giving up any more lowish picks, i would love a second rounder for ray i doubt it but any thing for him would be nice, hansen meh he could be alright with us but a bit of a risk and i want a first round pick :( wish someone would just give one to us :D

Re: Eagles, Dogs, Tigers to do deal

If we go for Schultz or Pattison I'll fair dinkum throw up.......Hughes of McGuane and its a deal.

Pattison goes ok. Elite endurance and despite looking a bit awkward at times he disposes of the ball pretty reliably. His ruckwork is acceptable and comes into his own towards the end of games as his opponents often wear out and he keeps going. As his body develops more he actually may become a very servicable player. (Sort of your 10th picked guy)

Schulz goes ok. He actually improved to be AFL standard backline material this year. He still has issues below his knees and occasionally decision making is suspect, but he is a good size and athleticism. He can be a real impact player on his day, but unfortunatley those days are pretty rare. That said his basic returns each game have become pretty consistent and he will give you all he has.

Hughes is not as good as those other two. He has the size, he has the kicking skills. I find it really hard to pinpoint what it is that causes him to not be a good afl player. He has bucketloads of tallent. He will often take a 1/2 dozen marks, have 6 scoring shots and kick four goals, making his day look pretty good, but if he doesn't have those four goals his contribution is close to nothing. It's really just he doesn't really get enough of the ball. Can he start getting it more?

McGuanne is coming on in bucketloads. His major weakenss, his kicking improved out of sight. He is tough, uber quick closing speed, and has good athleticism to spoil the ball. He really is the player out of the group mentioned that I would be truly sad to lose. He is a bit of a gun defender, even though he looks a bit ungainly at times with his pin legs and big arms.

What other tall forward is out there?

Schultz - no thanks
Hall - won't happen
Lonergan - will stay at Geelong

Adding an average CHF isn't going to impove your list

You're better off working with what you have - Hansen/Schultz et al aren't going to be the missing link to deliver a flag

Alright, question for Richmond fans.

Which of the following would you be happier to give up in this trade? Schulz, Hughes, Pattison, McGuane.

has to be schulz or patto, i really like patto and he has a big heart but he's to small to ruck and not good enough to hold a key position. We should have gotten rid of schulz last year, i can't believe so many tiger fans rate him.
He has been around for ever and never showed me he could be something expect maybe when he kicked 6 against the lions many moons ago. As for his endeavor, I question that as well.

I went to the b & f last month and he should be traded on his new haircut alone. Nice girlfriend though;)

Saying that I don't think seaby is that good so if nothing happens i will be content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles, Dogs, Tigers try to do deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back